Episode 2.03: Kindred

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 2.03: Title Unknown

Airdate: October 8, 2007

• 07/19 - Ali] Larter added: "We are shooting the third episode right now, and they're amazing. They're introducing new characters. You know, the writers on our show are so creative, and they've just are unleashed. So it's great. People are going to be really into it." Source: Sci Fi Wire

• 1 month later...

• 08/25 - It sounds like this is the one where Sylar returns! But how is this possible? This episode is also said to have a surprise guest. Source: HeroSite

• 3 weeks later...

• 09/18 - Upon his return to New York, Suresh is unnerved to find an undiscovered Issac Mendez painting that foretells death of someone close to him. Both Claire and H.R.G. pursue their own secret personal agendas. Determined to make it to the U.S., Maya uses her deadly abilities to free Alejandro from a Mexican jail. Ando returns to his job in Japan and makes a happy discovery. Meanwhile, in Japan's past, just when Hiro had written off Kensei, his childhood hero surprises him. Niki and Micah leave Las Vegas in an attempt to start over. Later, Niki and a lost Hero individually strike shady bargains to reach their goals. Two familiar people with abilities make an unexpected return. Dana Davis, Noah Gray-Cabey, Greg Grunberg, Adrian Pasdar, Zachary Quinto and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Nick D'Agosto, Katie Carr, Ashley Crow, Cristine Rose, Barry Shabaka Henley, Dominic Keating, Holt McCallany, Eriko Tamura, Adair Tishler and Stephen Tobolowsky guest star. Source: NBC [Note: This episode description was slightly updated by the network to include the fact that Niki and Micah are leaving Vegas.]

Preview clips: http://video.ap.org/v/Legacy.aspx?g=70dfba...;f=&fg=copy

(followed by some speculation in an interview)

The 3 clips as one YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmB46L86ZPw

Original NBC source: http://nbc.epk.tv/view.aspx?request=episod...9&clip=sure

- includes links to interviews with castmembers Nicholas D'Agosto (West) & Hayden Panetierre (Claire)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Heroes

by Casey Marsella

What's In The Box?

Episode Recap: "Kindred"

I always doubted Candace

For those who have nexflix, you can watch Heroes online. This includes all of season 1 and previously aired episodes of the current season (like last night's episode). Near DVD quality if you have high speed internet.

Also, if you have a TiVo or Windows PC (not sure about the Mac), you can purchase and download the episodes from Amazon.com. Near DVD quality.

NBC.com probably streams it as well, I just have not gone there and looked.

This wasn't my favorite Heroes episode but it had its moments- my favorite being the Hiro and Ando scenes. Ando receives messages from Hiro back in 1671? Brilliant!

Personally, I wasn't crazy about the Claire and West flying sequence. It reminded me too much of Superman- it made me wonder if they selected the actor who plays West because of his resemblance to a young Clark Kent (I'm thinking Smallville maybe). And the fact that he just lifted off right from the school where anyone could have seen them seemed a bit implausible to me. AND just when I thought that West was probably a genuine good guy after all, my suspicion radar goes off yet again. We know The Company, through Mr. Bennet, got to him earlier...could The Company be using him in some way to get to Mr. Bennet or Claire? Something just doesn't add up.

After Candace reappeared in the storyline (for a very short time due to her deadly run-in with Sylar) it made me wonder more about Nathan and his scarred face image from the previous episode. Could Nathan have the power of illusion now as well? I mean, could he have absorbed something from Peter during the explosion? Or since they're brothers, is he going to turn out to be a "multiple-abilities" hero as well?

Which leads to Peter. Is he awesome, or what?! Does the fact that he couldn't force himself to use his powers mean he can only used them when they are needed at the time? And will he become so powerful that he'll have a hard time controlling them (because of his emotions) in the future? They seemed to allude to definite problems down the road. Also, since he is wearing The Haitian's necklace and doesn't remember who he is, I'm pretty sure that either the Haitian and Mr. Bennet, or possibly even The Company, had something to do with his ending up in Ireland.

And YET ANOTHER blatant commercial endorsement, as M and A escape with a teen who has a car- which just happens to be Claire's stolen Nissan Rogue. Whoopee. The question is- will we find out why the guy stole her car and drove to Mexico? Which, as I think about it, is also pretty odd because he came from California and I doubt that he drove that far down and to the East. M and A came up from Central America and I would think they would be more likely to come up to the U.S. through Texas or thereabouts. Ah, technicalities...I most go find a map...

And now to the episode ending painting:

noahpaintingxk7.jpg

A man that looks like Mr. Bennet lying dead on the ground, possibly from a bullet wound to the eye. Claire is in the background kissing someone in the shadows. And what are those two blobs? It kind of looks like he was being shot at through glass. But things may not always be what they seem on Heroes, so here are some thoughts, far-fetched and improbable though they may seem:

1. It's not really Mr. Bennet, but someone else who wears glasses...Bob maybe? Or possibly someone who possesses the power of illusion like Candace/Michelle had.

2. It is Mr. Bennet...who will turn out to have his own power after all. (I highly doubt this one since the creators of the show have always stated that he doesn't have a power, but you never know!)

3. The guy that Claire is kissing isn't West (although I have no clue who it would be)...or it really isn't Claire- that whole illusion thing again.

4. It IS Mr. Bennet who IS dead and the shadowy figure is the culprit. Could West be the killer or is the hooded figure who murdered Kaito his killer? Or are they one and the same? OR could it be Kensei in the present who, because he didn't have Hiro around to be "his conscience" (as he stated in 1671), has become an ultra-evil person? Maybe even an immortal "nightmare man"?

And finally- Niki's back and looks to become another pawn of The Company...along with....Sylar, perhaps? Now that would be a match made in hell... :giggle:

Well Im lost as usual and I like it that way. I can never figure this stuff out. I didn't even put the car in Mexico and Claire's stolen car together until Kayo mentioned it. I am 100% certain, however, that Kensai is evil, immortal, and still around today. I'm sticking to that until I am shown to be wrong.

Back to the car. I am guessing that something in the car will lead Maya and her brother to Claire and her Dad.

Anyone else think that West could be this mysterious hero assassin that's going after the original 9? That's my wacky theory for the season, I am wondering if it will bear out...