Wednesday, July 18th

CeCiMom

May I inject a little levity here? Sorry for the interruption. Warning: it's a lame attempt at a

Dr. Seuss imitation . . .

I do not like the girl named Jen

I do not like Jen when in red.

She should wear her red in bed.

I read she had a breast enlargement

I think I read it on a parchment.

The girl named Amber I do not like.

Should she ride a bike with Mike?

Or turn a trick with Dick or Nick?

Would you like to see her cry?

Wait a minute and she wll try.

I do not like the man named Joe.

He is my foe and he should go.

Should my foe Joe go slow or fast?

I think he will soon leave the cast.

I do not like the person Kail

Do you hope that she will fail?

I hope they give her mop and pail

and make her work or go to jail.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old Guy smells like chicken. Mmm...BBQ at his house!

Poem for Old Guy (due to your avatar):

My beard grows to my toes

I never wears no clothes

I wraps my hair

Around my bare

And down the road I goes

Anyone know who wrote it? You get an atta-boy if you're a fan of his. :animated_scratchchin:

...And I personally don't have a problem with her "I would be upset if my children chose a gay lifestyle statement" ...She DID NOT say she hated gay people, she would disown them, she wouldn't love them just the same as if they were straight- so I'm not going to assume that she does.

I don't hold that statement against her either. If one of my boys would tell me he was born gay I would be worried sick, not out of judgement, but love. Being gay in the world is still not easy. It's not about not getting grandchildren, it's all the other stuff that comes with being gay.

I'd be worried and, yes, praying that my kid would be strong enough to withstand all the prejudices and cruelty he will surely endure just because of his orientation. I would never disown or shun my child because of something I believe is genetic, most likely I'd smother him with "extra" love to compensate.

...Anyway, I don't feel one way ot the other about Kail as a player, yet (little campaigning overkill last night with Eric, but I understand, she's desperate), but, as a mom, and without further info on her statement, I choose to believe she meant the kind of "upset" I'd be. Now, Please don't judge me :lookaround:

uhhh is it just me, or does anyone else think jen should NOT be running around playing ball with the guys in that... red piece of material she calls a bathing suit????

i wouldnt do it with a normal suit, but she is jumping all over the place like.... she is purposely trying to have it fly off of her.

@ Soyyo:

I think the problem is that it would be so out of the norm for her and she might not be able to accept it. I know parents that would rather their children be gay then come home with piercings, spiked hair and weird tattoos. Some cultures are so strict that to marry out of the culture means punishment in some form will happen--or disgrace to the family. Yet, these things are understandable to many, but a simple statement like "I would be disappointed" is so miscontrued and blown up that people are accusing her of bad parenting, not loving her kids and a homophobe. It may be a simple thing such as that she may never have natural grand kids. Who knows why she said it and how much more there is to what was actually said. I'm no fan of hers, but people look for openings in statements and then draw their own conclusions. She may be assertive in many ways, but evil she's not.

Jen playing ball in the red bathing suit. Ha Ha Ha...From what I read on these boards, many would say they would be disappointed if their sons brought home a girl like Jen.

Oldguy: Love the pauses! It's an easy read and quite entertaining.

Atta-Boy Old GUY!

I assumed they let Kaysar have the Koran (in fact for some reason I'm sure they did)...I hope so, I wrote it in the Inadamate Objects thread.

What is you're Buddhist & don't have 1 formal text? Do you get to choose? I would pick Think on These Things by J. Krishnamurti

Did something happen between Dick and Amber last night or today? Maybe it's just me but she seems to be acting funny toward him this afternoon, like he annoys her...did I miss something :help:?

Last night she went to her father and had a heart to heart crying about her dilemma of Nick and Chris and she was torn. I guess she cried on his shoulder.

Today she might be mad because her Dad went off on Kail.

I think there is a lot of mixed emotions.

To clarify my issue with Kail about the gay lifestyle statement. My issue was NOT with her saying she would be upset if her child is gay. That remark is definitely open for interpretation. My issue was her using the words "chose a gay lifestyle". I even said in my original post that I have no idea if her explanation was edited or not. As someone said, she probably did go on to explain those words. It was her opinion that someone "chooses" to be gay, therefore it was my opinion she is, at the very least, ignorant to non-traditional relationships.

With that said, I've actually grown to dislike her more in the last few days for several other reasons.

As far as Dick, I'm on the fence about him. I seem to have a love/hate thing goin on with my opinions. I wish he would have kept his mouth shut today. I don't know if I feel he is sexist or not. If he had confronted a man the same way, how would we feel about him? I feel like he is doing something most HGs don't do. He's going directly to the source and addressing his issues. Kail wasn't open for conversation, so it appeared he was bullying her. From what I've read, he has also confonted Joe. But, since Joe isn't a woman, no one has addressed that., :animated_scratchchin:

My issue was her using the words "chose a gay lifestyle".

Exactly my point... She didn't say she would turn her children away, or she would hate them... She said she would be DISAPPOINTED if they CHOSE a gay lifestyle... My issue is with the words CHOSE and DISAPPOINTED... I have been raised that as long as your children are happy and they aren't being hurt by thier partner you should support them... You should NEVER tell your child that you are disappointed by something that isn't in their controll... That's all... I never said she hates gays or anything else... As far as having natural grandchildren, my nephew and his partner are donating sperm to lesbian couple and they are going to use one's sperm for one of the ladies and another of the sperm for the other lady and they are going to share custody of both children... That sloves the issues of no natural children for both sets of gay couples and in so doing gives all 4 sets of grandparents nartural grandchildren... Just like with a straight couple, you never know if one of the couples will break up and that's why there are strict papers being filed before hand... In my opinion there is no reason to be disappoint... Worried and scared about the things they will face being gay is MUCH different than being disappointed... JMHO...

Ok, I've said too much...I just dislike it when people base an opinion on someone based on their mannerisms or how they seem to look- I have been judged that way in the past because I tend to be a quieter person, some have assumed that I am cold or upset with them or a *itch...when really all I was doing was thinking about what a nice sweater they had on or what I was going to have for lunch!

Completely agree. That's part of the reason why I am so sympathetic to Kail whenever I'm reading things in this forum about her mannerisms. I'm a quieter person too. If I was put on big brother, I would be boring as hell because I would hardly open my mouth. I have been judged from being a quieter person and people have misinterpreted what I'm thinking or what I'm doing. I'm just not a big talker in real life (my life is pretty boring too).

Yana, great post! That's pretty much what I was trying to convey too about Kail. What a great arrangement for your nephew too. :2thumbsup:

From everything I've seen of Kail, between Shotime, reading the feeds, and watching the feeds of today's incident, I see her as calculating, not quiet. There's a big difference.

Lynnmurr, From what I could gather about when Dick confronted Joe, he was not angry or yelling AT Joe. He had just verbally attacked Kail and came outside, and he was all angry from that confrontation, and then he said a few snotty things to Joe. One of them was something like "Sorry buddy, but you're going home." The big difference here is that he didn't threaten Joe physically like he did with Jen. And he wasn't angry and threatening in his manner toward Joe, from what I could see. He seems to save those extra-special qualities just for the women.

But to answer your other question, if he DID treat a guy in the house the same way, and that guy was trying to appease him and wasn't yelling back (saying "Okay, fine then," etc. as both Jen and Kail did with Dick) then I would be just as upset with Dick for doing that to a guy. It's being a bully and being threatening in his voice, manner and even with the words he chooses.

Archived