Bridge To Tarabithia

CeCiMom

My family rented this movie over the weekend. (Ages 5 - 40) All, of us absolutely LOVED this movie. The first few minutes my 5 year old was having problems sitting still as usual but, I would say it wasn't more than 5 minutes into the movie and he was spell-bound.

It's a heart-warming, lesson learning, tear jerking of a movie. If you're kids enjoy movies that bring the spirit of imagination in them... they'll love it too, imo.

I do have one disclaimer though, if your child is extremely sensitive... you might want to consider their age before viewing. My 8 yr old daughter did have lots of questions about a part of the movie.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, Scuba...the book is much better than the movie, but the movie was still good with excellent acting and special effects.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was pretty good, not super WOW, but pretty good family entertainment.

If you liked it, check out the PBS version from the 80s. Netflix has it, so add it to your cue. I thought it was just as good, maybe better.

• 1 month later...

OK, I never read the book. I didn't know anything about it except for the movie trailers. The trailers lead me to think I was going to see a movie like The Chronicles of Narnia. Then about halfway through the movie I get slammed with a reality check that left me bummed the rest of the day.

My suggestion for anybody thinking about renting this film. Read the book first. Its a good film, but don't let the trailers mislead you.

.... don't let the trailers mislead you.

Yes, the trailers were very misleading. It does make you think it is live action fantasy like Narina. The book is, of course, better. The more I think about it, I think the PBS version was better because they didn't attempt to use FX.