Gay Houseguests (A Discussion)

I just checked out realitytvcalender.com or somting like that...

They discovered that Beau and Ivett are posted on a dating site as homosexuall....

They have also recived information that during the casting process, possibly houstguests were asked about thier thoughts on gay marraige. James is listing one of his fav. TV shows is Hannity and colms....That show is anything but promoting gay marrage....is CBS making a possibl conflict? Is he secretly gay? Or married to beau? Look at his eye brows....oh well...

OK so the twist is somthing among the lines of each person knows someones else bla bla bla...what if a person..or multiple people know more then just one person? And we dont find oout till MUCH later? Possible..i donno.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest manyazavoot

I wouldn't judge James before you know him. Just because he's a conservative doesn't mean you can paint him as homophobic.

He may have issues with gay "marriage", but that doesn't mean he doesn't support gay rights, etc etc.

Don't accuse him of pre-judging others when you are doing that to him.

Guest ranster627

Kent was portrayed that way in the beginning and he turned out to be Bunky's friend ... he was strong on his application to get on the show! :wink:

Guest Shockalot

There is a misconception about Kent.

People assumed because he thinks homosexuality is a deviant and sick lifestyle [which he said before the show, in the hosue and after eviction to Julie Chen] that he would not at the same time respect Bunky as a person.

Remember the only person he hugged on his way out was Bunky.

Im not much help on the whole James=Gay theory due to my apparent lack of any sort of 'gaydar' but let me say this.... if anyone on that cast is a 'Log Cabin Republican' then its James without a doubt!

No way at all trying to mean he was 100% homophobic....just a possible conflict cbs was trying to make.....probibly wont work like listed above, Kent and bunky ended up being friends....

Last year Mike and Will wilke ended up being friends too....

Guest Shockalot

A lot of it starts with the presumption that being conservative or evangelical means these people *therefore* must personaly hate or fear anyone who practices homosexuality.

Oddly enough, Big Brother seems to have debunked that myth better than anyone else.

Kent simply hated those Chill-townish chest-shaving, nyquil-drinking freaks (his words) and I dont think that has anything to do with being 'conservative' but rather being a normal human.

Look for Big Brother to turn a few more preconceptions on their heads with this years 'Gay' themed contestants.

Dont be so certain Ivette and/or Beau are not the 'Posers' while someone like James isn't the real deal?

Guest ranster627

maybe I am stuck in the past here, but I still think "Do Not Assume" might be a great caution ... I would like to think we will have a shock or two this season that the best Internet sleuths won't "spoil" ...

I believe if I may quote our friend Beau from the commerical "The biggest joke in the house will be wrapped around my finger" All I can say is with all the people who are uptight with homosexuals in general. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL BEAU GETS IN THAT HOUSE!!! I know straight men and women have this weird thing about thinking "OMG he/she is gay he/she must want me"....... Lets go back to Marcellas, he messed with those boys. It cracked me up for hours on end. So they can all be gay as far as I care, makes BETTER tv, then the typical boring hang out in the HOH room and make out with the boyfriend or girlfriend thing. Hell If I wanted to see that I would put a mirror over my bed and make out with my boyfriend. Borrrrrrrrrrrrrring. lol don't tell him I said that! :rofl

Guest Shockalot

I dont know Laggie.. there have been three 'openly gay' male contestants on BB and generally speaking I have yet to see anyone 'freaked' or 'paranoid' etc.

Bunky pretty much got along with everyone at least when they werent ignoring him.

Marcellus was of course more 'Flamboyant' but I dont remember anyone really worrying about anything gay.

Will was BB5's gay guy and no issues there really.

Now.. Scott and Cowboy were clearly a gay couple, and Scott was terrified anyone would see him showering, Will or otherwise. Unless it was Cowboy or Jase.

This year, I think BB has given up on thinking some gay guy is gonna make everyone all homophobic. It doesnt work.

They might just have 3 OTHER things though:

Shockalot Tip Offs and Rumours:

-Lesbian. Hmmm.. lots of straight women LOVE and adore gays as long as they are gay men. Lets see what happens if a 'Gay Woman' is in the game. Will she be their favourite too?

- Look for BBUK style twist with a Conservative gay male ... will the 'liberal' types accept him then? Is he not a 'Real' gay because he isnt effeminate and liberal minded?

- Watch out for a 'bait and switch' with someone like say.... Beau. If everyone is shouting 'Wooooo. You Go Girl!' and saying "OMG I LOVE Beau he is so cute....

..... and he is NOT GAY after all, will everyone still love him knowing he is actually a 100% heterosexual Black Man?

I didnt mention Ashlea being a former dude either but just watch out for those tips above.

In other words.. we have already seen three attempts to get those pompous conservative types in an uproar and force them to question their views...... now lets see how it works the other way around!?

Guest Ms Alucard

Someone told me they heard there was a gay guy and a lesbian, both in the cast. It would be funny if there were secretly gay partners of both sexs! That would be a suprising twist. :lol:

Guest Shockalot

What if she is not a lesbian but in fact.. A Poser?

Interesting season indeed!

mwa ahahah

Guest SimplyBkuz

I've only watched the past two seasons and season 3, so I don't know all of the previous houseguests. I noticed that this is the second year in a row they have an overtly right wing political person. Where is the political liberal?

I know some people might assume that either the gay people or anyone who doesn't proclaim to be a bible reading christian is probably a liberal, but I haven't seen anyone openly talk about liberal politics in the promos of them.

They should'n't have one without the other. Also, there seems to be a lot of bible talk. I'd like to see an athiest on there...

Guest SimplyBkuz

Thanks ranster627 :D

I also wanted to add that I meant no offense to anyone in my above post. I have respect for people's religions... All people, all religions. It's just not for me, and I'd like to see someone with that point of view for a change :)

You know Relevart... you could be right. I just don't remember hearing her talk about it...

Guest Shockalot

This is exactly what went wrong with BB5 and Mike Lubinski.

In most seasons, most of the guests are what you might call 'socially liberal' but in fact they are simply 'Apolitical'.

They simply dont care about that kind of stuff.

Scott

Holly

Jase

When Mike did introduce some 'Conservative political Views' the rest of them just sorted 'stared blankly' at him, outright ignored him... then proceeded to have a very intense debate about what episode of 'Punk'd' was the best.

Seriously.

Mike was gone ASAP since, to them, he 'had strong opinions' which made them feel 'weird'.

This year I think BBUSA will take a page from BBUK - have a conservative gay. This is great because it really challenges liberal minded people AND conservative minded people.

For whatever reason many fans of BBUK were simply mad about this guy being black, gay and ... gasp.. A Tory!?

Guest SimplyBkuz

Great post Shockalot

You're absolutely right. Most of them didn't care at all about politics... which is probably the reason we have the problems we do in this country... No one cares to pay attention.

Regardless, I think they should either have one left leaning and one right leaning if they're going to have someone be political OR (and I'd prefer this) not have anyone so openly political at all.

I am a bit of a politics junkie and shows like this are my break from the politics. I was a little annoyed when I heard James say he hates left wingers in his promo... don't get me wrong, I'd be annoyed if it were the other way around too. Why he gotta be a hater? lol