Season 1 - Episode 1.22: Born to Run - AD May 11

Jem

Episode 1.22: Born to Run

Airdate: May 11, 2005

• 05/09 - This week, everyone will find out the hatch exists, and though Walt has never seen it, he will tell Locke NOT to open it. Other secrets will be outed this week, too, like Kate's. And Sawyer will be accused of being the one to poison someone else, but it's not him. Source: Kristin on E!Online

[*]04/28 - The truth about Kate continues to come out as the castaways draw battle lines in the sand. Fittingly it all starts with stormy weather. Realizing that the monsoon season will soon be upon them, Michael and Jin scamble to complete the raft in hopes of shoving off sooner than later. But dark clouds roll in after someone's deadly move to secure themselves a seat on the boat casts suspicion on several survivors. Including Freckles herself. Though it looks as if she may be too busy recalling the tragic history of her toy plane to be bothered with such treachery. Source: TV Guide Online

[*]04/28 - A castaway's omen about the looming monsoon season triggers a war for seats on the nearly completed raft and a possible plot against one of its architects. Meanwhile, Jack and Locke reach a tentative truce over that mysterious hatch, though neither Sayid nor Walt are at peace with the pair's plans for it; and more of Kate's past is revealed after the threat of rescue pits her against an all-too-informed Sawyer. Source: TV Guide Online

[*]04/21 - Jack suspects foul play when Michael becomes violently ill while building the raft. Meanwhile a secret from Kate

I am BEYOND excited for tonite's eppy!!

So why do you think Walt is so against the hatch being opened? He is definately a 'seer' ala the Shining... creepy.

What do you think Kate's big secret is, regarding that toy plane and the rest of her life??

ooooh is it 8:00 yet???

Guest XandraSkye

From the 'Hot List' on TVGuide.com about tonight's NEW episode:

Lost

8 pm/ET, ABC

Remember that toy plane Kate was so hot to retrieve, like a hundred months ago? Well, it's back, and playing a pivotal role in her continuing backstory, which fills in more holes about Freckles' life on the run and the ill-fated

Guest ranster627

Okay, now I am really wondering who gets on that raft ...

I am not so sure Michael will given what Walt told him ... and Sawyer? I think he will be torn ...

So maybe our new teacher will be on it, and he will be the one to die? I sure hope so!

They have said 4 men ... or correction, boys ...

Speaking of children, anyone notice the two asian children tonight as extras? Seems we really have a lot to learn about castaways we haven't met yet ... endless possibilities, but still no Rose, and that husband of hers.

As for the hatch, Sayid made the wisest observation of all, that it is not meant to be opened from the outside ... and then there was Walt's warning ... was he seeing something about Locke, the opening, or the hatch itself????

Guest XandraSkye

Those are all excellent questions, Rans.

It was a really good episode last night. I was soooo happy we got to see who the little toy airplane belonged to what Kate meant when she said, "It belonged to the man I loved and killed"...or whatever she said in that episode so long ago.

Can't wait for next week now!!!

Guest XandraSkye

logo.gif

watercooler.gif

Lost

This is the week that I would have wanted to spent on the island: no crazy monsters chasing me down, no disturbing deaths or blood transfusions, a free science lesson about tradewinds and the gossipy revelation that Kate ran into some trouble with a capital T in Iowa. Sadly, that would probably make me more likely to be friends with her instead of shunning her the way the castaways did, but whatever. This wasn't much of a nailbiter to watch from home, but bad stuff's a-comin', just as soon as those tradewinds shift. Eerie premonition from Walt about not opening the hatch of evil and that he and his dad need to get the heck off of mystery island stat. Almost made me feel bad that I jumped to conclusions and immediately blamed him for Michael's tummy troubles. And the fact that Kate's rediscovered audio tape was from Aug. 15, 1989, or, um, 8/15.... That can't be good. Bringing up those still-unexplained numbers is more than just a coincidence. Actually, her whole backstory can't be good. I mean it was great to see that Mackenzie Astin apparently figured out the Facts of Life since he got married and procreated, but it was sad to see Kate's own mother with the sunken face like Darth Sidious in Star Wars so freaked out about her kid going to the dark side that she started screaming. Even sadder, was that Kate was once a fan of New Kids on the Block, or at least enough to have the lunch box. Honey, I've been there, too, and that kind of thing is best left buried. Trust me. But I still don't get how that little toy plane managed to get out of the back seat of her smashed-up car, where she left her smashed-up ex-boyfriend, to a safety deposit box in New Mexico? Does that mean that he survived? Oh, and Charlie, you were right, if Drive Shaft were real, all your loyal fans would be out picking up their CDs when they heard about your death in a fiery plane crash. Personally, I can't wait to hear more of "Monster Eats the Pilot," I'd download that on to my iPod in a heartbeat.

Xandra-Thanks for sharing the TV Guide Watercooler article... hilarious! :lol:

Ran- I'm with you on thinking that the teacher might meet his demise in the final episode, although I'm not sure if it will be on the raft. I mean, according to little psychic Walt, the place NOT to be is on the island...so maybe Mr. Artz becomes luncheon meat for the elusive monster...or possibly "The Others"?

Guest ranster627

I can't shake the feeling there will be a huge disaster leaving all lives hanging in the balance at the end of this season ...

But I also think they will leave us something so it does not appear to be the end of the show, but rather a tease for the next chapter ...

I am staring to view LOST long term with this season being chapter one ... something like "... in the beginning" ...