June 39th????????????

Ivy

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a MOD pickup?

I am not one, but I can tell you what it is. The Moderators (AKA - MOD) who are Jem and Ranster, go into the live feed updates a couple of times per day and take what has been written so they can do the daily updates on the front page of BB here at Mortys. It is just their way of marking where they last picked up the posts, and to encourage those posting what is happening on the live feeds to keep going!

Correct.
It's where we all pick up our drinks and cheer Jem and ranster for doing a great job as Moderators.

:wink:

I find it so unbelievably ironic that so many people on these message boards do nothing but complain and say how much they hate the show. They said the same last year and the year before. And yet- they are investing so much time- watching the feads and the posts and taking time to post themselves.

Why in the world would we complain about a show we all love so much? Do we want it taken off the air? If the people are nice and sweet- we complain that they are boring. If the people are hateful and the show is exciting- we complain that we hate the people.

Let's face the facts- how can anyone keep complaining about a show- when they are watching the feeds and frequenting the boards. People who truly hate the show are not watching it and certainly not on these boards discussing it.

Since we are the fans of the show- maybe we could be more supportive and less critical. This is simply my opinion, but does anyone else agree?

I don't it is that people hate the show, it is the fact that they are frustrated with the HG's this year. Some peole wanted more diversity in ages and looks, etc. Othertimes we complain as to how the HG's are acting, ie. Eric, April, Ivette.

I think the reason the show, messege board sites and chat are sooo popular is that you can get rid of a lot of ANGST :!:

You can complain, debate and let off steam.

(which is hard to do at work, school and sometimes at home when you need to hold your tongue for different reasons)

AND IT'S ADDICTING and FUN :lol:

I always thought the most fun thing about this show was coming here and complaining about it! I'm really not proud of how much time I spend here, and that I even watch the show. I don't have the feeds, but do read most of the updates.

Hating the houseguests ( and I don't think most of us hate them, in the true sense of the word) is part of the fun. And it does not equal hating the show.

I have watched BB every year since it started. To me, one of the interesting things about the show is that this is a mental marathon. Survivor has it's physical challenges that you must overcome. Amazing Race is a dash around the world. Both are good shows. But BB is mentally grueling. You are basically trapped in a small space with no outside stimuli. After a while, the least little thing becomes huge. I find it very interesting to watch the people as time goes by.

Another thing that seperates BB from the rest is that you can follow along via different medias as the game is being played. The others are all taped. Even if you do not have the live feeds, you can keep up on a daily basis as to what is happening. This gives the audience an opportunity to get closer to the activity of the game.

To me, and probably many, part of the fun of the game is the feeds/boards/chatrooms. Oh we all have our villians that we love to hate and write about, but in the end I think most everyone is simply just having a little fun.

You just love to hate it.

Guest metaldale

Totally it is part of the fun.

Hating and complaining and hoping you see things go the way that you want them to.

A lot of people come on and praise stuff too. Like for instance I am always impressed by the editing / directing team who edit clips, audio and music to put a spin on things and this is my first year with feeds and it hilarious and sometimes infuriating that they edit / spin certain things when in reality they happen very differently or they edit in the juicy bits only. It is just fun.

If we complain then they probably have done their job, I would bet that is what they say in meetings :D

OK I will admit I am a reality TV whore, junkie call it what you will. I love it all and at times hate it too. I really don't have any favs right now. Howie is on my last nerve with nothing but sex talk. He does know there are millions of other words he could use right????? I think they are all stored in something called a dictionary? Thats all I am saying. :rofl

Just as boring houseguests can make for a boring show. . . positive, friendly posts can make for a boring message board.

I have a sign in my office that says. . . "If I didn't bitch, how would you know I'm here?"

I bitch about all the reality shows on TV. . . and I watch every single one of them religiously.

And I agree with all of you. I love to complain and hate on them too- but I love this show, and just wanted to make sure you were all on the same wavelength as me. I never watched tv for years until reality tv came aboard. BB is my favorite one of all. I watch and tape 80% of all the reality shows that are on. I also love amazing race, and love(d) survivor. I have been disappointed the last 3 or 4 seasons however. I haven't worked for a few years now due to my health and I am so glad to have this entertainment. I hate people that make fun of "reality tv whores"- I think they are just jealous of us!! P.S. I also just loved Strip Search (believe it or not!)

Deb

Guest PrincessSchroeder

I totally agree that it is okay for everyone to voice their gripes and complaints....but I do feel that the message boards being flooded with negative things about Eric or anyone else for that matter is a little uncalled for. I dont post very much or even read them anymore because some of the aweful things people are saying. Every single post seems to lead into Eric and bashing on him. I just think that complaints should be in moderation.

If a comment is uncalled for I am sure Jem and Ranster will step in... Like you said you have stopped reading most of them... That's the best thing to do if something is bothering you... :)

What I think is ironic is people complaining about people who complain.

Ah, the forum I've grown to know and love.

The gripes this year are basically one-sided, thank goodness, whereas last year's opinions were so "opinionated" and split, it seemed posters were attacking each other a lot. Sometimes it got very nasty if you disagreed with a few. i.e. The Diane supporters really detested the Diane haters, and vice-versa.

This year, it's pretty unanimous--everyone hates Eric and Ivette. I imagine there will be some heated discussions and disagreements the further into the season we get though. That's why I mostly read and rarely post. :wink:

Guest princessmean1
I don't it is that people hate the show, it is the fact that they are frustrated with the HG's this year.  Some peole wanted more diversity in ages and looks, etc.  Othertimes we complain as to how the HG's are acting, ie. Eric, April, Ivette.

I agree, I don't think we hate the show, we just hate the actions of the HG. Saying we hate the show is just a way for all to vent. I wonder if the HG would change the way they are acting now if they knew how America feels about them at this point of the game. Like Ivette, would she STFU?

Ah, the forum I've grown to know and love.  

The gripes this year are basically one-sided, thank goodness, whereas last year's opinions were so "opinionated" and split, it seemed posters were attacking each other a lot.  Sometimes it got very nasty if you disagreed with a few.  i.e.  The Diane supporters really detested the Diane haters, and vice-versa.  

This year, it's pretty unanimous--everyone hates Eric and Ivette.  I imagine there will be some heated discussions and disagreements the further into the season we get though.  That's why I mostly read and rarely post. :wink:

IT IS EARLY YET...GIVE US SOME TIME. I AM SURE WE WON'T DISAPPOINT :lol::lol:

Deb06

I confess :otay OK :!:

I DO complain about CBS from time to time.

To mention a few....

I was upset about them bringing in people that knew each other.... and hadn't gone thru the the application process like thousands of others that were hoping to get on the show.

I was REALLY upset about the Nak and Cowboy set-up.