Do People In Your World Watch Bigbrother?

nursie

im the only one who watches =( I have all this info on it, some times i end up talking to my cat. Thats why i do a podcast because i just want to talk about it, lol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I know a soul who watches bb.

Maybe it's because I'm old as dirt. My 3 sons, in their middle and late 30's, think I'm kinda strange for

watching it. Same with American Idol. Lordy, Lordy, where did I go wrong with my kids?

Oldguy I'm in my late 30's a love the show... My mom is 69 and loves the show... My niece just turned 30 and loves the show... My daughter is 27 and loves the show... I don't think age really has much to do with it... I think it's personal taste...

Fixzzle, 1 married, 2 single. I can't send doodly-squat

on this old webtv, but I'll go on my desktop later and see if I can send you a pic - provided I can find your email address. If it's not available you can email me.

Slowpoke has my address.

My Husband, Dad, Brother and Sister-in-law watch but they don't come to Morty's or the live feeds. I have tried talking a few friends into it but they don't seem to want to make the commitment to 2-3 nights a week. They think I'm crazy with the live feeds etc. They can think what they want just don't call me during the show!!!!!! :disgust: LOL

i know people who watch other "reality" shows, but I don't think I know anyone who has watched for the last few seasons. I've watched every season but last year is when it became time-consuming cuz I got a computer and spent time reading ....

this is how i answer my phone during bb show time:

ring ring... (pick up phone, i say no hello) "its Thursday night and Big Brother is on, This is a NO CALL TIME! Please call me back tomorrow" CLICK

ring ring...(pick up phone .. its my sister) CAN you believe he just said that!!!! CLICK

ring ring...(pick up phone.. its my mom on a tuesday) "MOM, its tuesday and BB is on.. call me back in ONE HOUR.. ok?" (no waiting for answer) CLICK

ring ring... (pick up phone.. mother in law) PAT.. really, i told you earlier today to not call me all summer.. i will talk to you at work" CLICK BANG BANG BANG

my husband watches the show only because i 'force' him to, while it's on my kids want to know what's going to happen next because 'mama always knows', but my husband yells because we 'ruin' the show by talking about who's about to win the competitions.

My other vice besides Big Brother if fantasy football. Its a group of he-men who wear t-shirts that expose their beer bellies, smoke, drink, dip, cuss.....you get the picture. Anyway, back during BB2 we had a get together during the football season, just a poker party, lots of drinking. One of the guys finally got a good hand then said to everyone....."its awwwn"

I said shut up, what did you just say? He said it again....its awwwnnnn. This big Texas redneck hillbilly said he got it watching a TV show, his favorite person always said it. We left the card table went out back and talked BB the rest of the night. LOL.

Its become a routine now, during BB we email each other every day. I swear hes as gay as me. (hes not btw)

So yeah I guess you could say people in my outside world watch BB.

I forgot--my Mom watched the show two years ago. We would be talking on the phone, and she would say things like, "I just can't stand that Janelle. She is so mean to Maggie!" I nearly had a stroke at the very idea! So, I told her what she was missing on the feeds. I have to laugh about it now, because I think Mom was convinced that Maggie and Yvette were the ones responsible for the way the show portrayed everyone, and she loathed them after that. She always asked me what happened in the feeds every day while the show was on that year. Last year, she wasn't as interested. Maybe because it was All-Stars, and she didn't know most of the people.

No one I know watches it. As someone said, this show has been on 7 seasons and still the "duh" look when mentioned. I stopped asking a long time ago. My immediate circle spend their days watching soccer, history and discovery channels.

I used to work with a girl who watched the first couple of seasons and we would chat at lunch - I haven't talked to her in years. I didn't think anyone I knew watched until my dad (of all people) started asking me about Will and Janelle last year - I almost choked!

I make my boyfriend watch now - he is still in the habit of saying "Hi Julie" every time the Chenbot comes on screen! He also picked up the "Bye Bye Bi!$@#@" comment although he doesn't say that as much anymore.

So, when I want to see what other people are thinking about the show, I come to Morty's!

RustyGirl

My husband gets cranky this time of year because he knows I am going to be meeting with my other Lover - Big Brother.

I am so glad to have Morty's and feeds - this to me is what Big Brother is all about - it is an interactive, full sensory experience.

None of my family or friends get it - nor understand it as a hobby/addiction.

Last year was the first year we had a DVR and he got so angry when a timer would come up on the TV screen telling him he only had 2 minutes left before a recording of Big Brother would take over his world. After a couple weeks he would grouse about the program but I would catch him watching it...then he might ask me a question or two about a player...

No body, I mean no body in my world watches BB. The only people I can talk to about is all you wonderful people. This year is going to suck though because I will not being getting the live feeds. I thought I was going to get lucky again and Real Player would just give them to me for free like they did last year, it didn't work and I dont have a dime. Im sad :(

I look forward to keeping up with BB via Mortys though!

Nope, I don't have one kindred soul over here either. Hubby sometimes but not very often.

That's why I'm at Morty's. I don't really belong to anything else except Ebay. I don't do on-line stuff and could easily survive without the internet except for email and Google -- the library of the world!

I just asked this friend of mine who I've only known for about 6 months if she watches bb and found out that she's just as big of a fan as I am. I'm so excited! Between this and our OCD we have a lot in common.

ooooooooooh excuse me

My dachshund group that I have been a part of for 7 years. My first forum that got me sitting my but at the computer.

Yath that is strike 2 today. One more and I am going to sick my employee Wicked on you! :animated_rotfl:

Archived