The American Player

Katydidit

The rest of the cast will never know there is an "American Player," right?

Unless that person chooses to tell someone, right?

oooooh ... lottsa room for secrets and an alliance outta nowhere.

An alliance might have to be established fairly quickly, tho. Or no???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like that only one HG is picked for this.

First of all, it's a double-edged sword for the person--in some ways an advantage, in a lot of ways a real problem.

Secondly, with just one person doing it throughout, I'm betting it will get stale fast.

I think a really good idea would have been to TELL the HG's that there would be one person picked every week, or every two weeks, or whatever. And the HG's would always be looking over their shoulder, not knowing who it is. OR, the person picked could tell their alliance if they wished, and that way could be protected.

That way it would be a bit like someone finding an Immunity idol on Survivor--a secret or not, and everyone has to play strategically around it.

so this season is bb mole edition

god can we go back to simple bb where everyone on the same level bb2

The player is not allowed to tell the other hg about their role if they want to win any cash. The player has a right to refuse any task he or she is given they just won't get whatever additional money comes with it.

I figure they are going to pick someone that is need of some extra cash and not as focued on playing the game. A true solid gameplayer would not do anything that would harm their strategy for some extra dollars.

in one of the articles it said that the person that is AP will NOT be able to tell anyone in the house.. big NO NO. i am sure if they get caught telling.. they will fail at their task.

explain this american player twist to me. i been working nights so i havent been keep up like usually do.

you joking right. why bb why. this just killed my hopes

it taints the game. i dont like it at all

well, untill we see the first week or two... i dont think we should trash the idea completely... we are going on a lot of speculation.

i am all for messing with the players.. so we are 1 step closer to doing that then we ever were any other season. lets be happy about that.

with twist like the hg usually figure out who is who early on like in bb6 when almost all the partners were discovered early on in bb6

Not everyone in the house has an enemy in the house too... I don't think it's going to be like BB 6 when you had to try and hide your partner... The AP is only known by the AP themself and not anyone else knows about there even being an AP... We are just going to have to wait and see how this one plays into the game...

I think there is two options in the selecting of "America's Player" - either let the viewers choose, or let the first (or perhaps second) HoH automatically become "America's Player".

That then opens up the possibilities of America deciding the nominees, but the HoH having to pass them off as their own.

It could work on a similar level to the "Insider" BB Aus had last year and "Secret Missions" which have featured in the UK in previous years.

Tasks could include "America's Player" having to get themselves nominated, deliberately throwing competitions (esp. group ones) or doing general things like stealing specific items without the HGs noticing or being ordered by BB to behave a certain way.

Archived