Bones

CasperSabe

"Angel's" David Boreanaz will return to weekly television this fall in another weekly drama, according to zap2it.com.

"Bones," which will air Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on Fox, focuses on the experiences of forensic anthropologist and writer Dr. Temperance Brennan, played by Emily Deschanel from "Boogeyman." She can decipher clues left behind in the skeletal remains of victims. As a result, law enforcement organizations seek her help in murder investigations where the body has been so badly damaged that the C.S.I. teams can't solve them.

FULL STORY: http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1859

YAY!!!!!!!

(does happy dance)

anyone else hear anything about this?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ranster627

I heard about it, but I am a little bitter because I miss Angel!

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Matt

Question: So what is the scoop on David Boreanaz' new show on Fox? Loved him on Angel and can't wait to see his comedic side as a wise-cracking detective. Not totally an original role, but I think he will bring an edgy spin to the character.

Matt Roush: I imagine you'll be pleasantly surprised. As an FBI agent teamed with a forensic anthropologist in Bones, he is in fine form and has terrific chemistry with Emily Deschanel. It may not be original, but the pilot, at least, is enjoyable.

FROM TV GUIDE: The Insider

David Boreanaz Bones Up on Drama

by Angel Cohn

Cult fans may be disappointed that their favorite vampire, Angel, is cleaning up crime scenes on his new show instead of dusting evildoers, but David Boreanaz is happy to see the light of day. On Bones (premiering tonight at 8 pm/ET on FOX), he plays a gun-slinging FBI agent who is teamed with a forensic anthropologist to solve crimes involving damaged corpses. While the show is a bit more mainstream than Boreanaz' fantasy-infused past, the very sweet actor, who is reluctant to discuss his "other show," nonetheless hopes his fans will be willing to take a bite out of his new, nonblood sucking gig. (And trust us, Bones doesn't suck.)

TVGuide.com: You have a very loyal fan base. Do you think they'll get hooked on a forensics show?

David Boreanaz: All I can do is do my work. I don't think about that, I just think about the work. For those who don't like the show and were my fans in the past, I think they'll continue to be my fans because they are such loyal fans and they've supported me and I love them to death. One of the best things about the show that I was involved with [Angel] is that it was a very cult audience, but it also enabled me to fly a little bit under the radar in the mainstream.... But I can't please everybody. For every one person who doesn't like it there are probably going to be 10 people who will, so it is a whole new spectrum for me.

TVGuide.com: I think Bones should have a broader audience than that um, other show.

Boreanaz: I do, too. The forensics and the guns and the cars... it is has got a bit of everything. It's a bit of a throwback to Moonlighting, with a little of The X-Files thrown in. We're good to go.

TVGuide.com: What makes Bones stand out from the other procedurals?

Boreanaz: One of the things that appealed to me about this particular show was that Booth, the character I play, is a bit of a maverick

I do too ..

But just to SEE him again ..

sigh

on Buffy I never thought he was cute .. but on Angel .. I fell in love a little lol ..

11_1_206.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Bones

Make no bones about it, this new addition to the crowded crime-scene genre is fun and entertaining. Any show that starts out with its heroine literally kicking the butt of a pompous security guard who is like, twice her size is all right by me. Sure, the Chandra Levy-like case seemed a little bit too obvious, but it was just the pilot; they've got to start somewhere. And the chemistry between Temperance (Bones) and Agent Angel... I mean, Booth, was palpable, and that paired with their easy banter makes this show stand out as different and not just a CSI clone. Oh, and I really loved the "squints," aka Bones and her varied but cool scientific team. I got a big chuckle when Zack tried to defend the boss he idolizes after she shot someone with no warning. He quickly asked Booth, "How much warning did you give people before you sniped them?" Sniped is now my new favorite word... not that I imagine I'll have much opportunity to use it. I do have one big question: Can you really reassemble a skull with plain old Elmer's Glue? If so, that's pretty handy to know if I ever run into a dismantled skeleton. Hmm, that'll probably be around the same time I get to use "sniped" in a sentence again.

Guest ranster627

Bones

I know some people disagreed with me last week as to whether or not this show was any good, but after tonight's episode, I stand by my opinion that it is a solid forensics show with a great cast. I mean, for me seeing David Boreanaz shirtless and flirting with that "sexy" lawyer was just an added bonus, and it doesn't matter too much to me if he isn't stretching himself as an actor or whatever other complaints people had. I was totally seconding Angela's comment to Temperance regarding the dreamy Agent Booth: "If I were you I'd by a ticket on that ride." Plus the supporting cast is so well-rounded: Angela is a forensic scientist who is squeamish around corpses; Zack gets upset about the killing of flesh-eating beetles; and Jack is a conspiracy theorist who actually works for the government. It is just plain clever. Oh, and let's not forget Bones herself, whose inability to be tactful around the loved ones of the deceased whose her awkwardness in social situations make her so human and instantly relatable. The cases are intriguing, but with so the overload of this type of show out there, it is really the character interplay that stands out.

Guest ranster627

Bones

For an 8 pm show, do you think they could make a special disclaimer that says: "Warning: Maggots ahead"? I mean, the "viewer discretion" note is a little too vague for me. But 8 is my dinner time, and if it is just blood or something, I can handle that

• 5 weeks later...

New episodes starting Tuesday November 1, 2005 at 8/7c.

"When a human arm is found inside the stomach....."

Well this thread didn't say anything about spoilers so I will put the link here for those that want to know.

http://www.fox.com/bones/

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Bones

While this show was on hiatus, I completely forgot about the gross-out factor and that I can't eat while watching this. But noshing on some ice cream while they discuss partially digested human remains and bear excrement was a quick reminder. I sure am glad that this show is back

Courtey of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Bones

What a sad case with the little boy and the revelation that Temp had been in foster care until her grandfather came and got her out. But I wasn't the only one who had a hard time with this topic: Apparently Zack and Angela both had a tough time, too. But Zack learned to focus on the details, even though putting on the thermal-heat sensor really did make him look like the Great Gazoo. Angela had issues with the teeny-tiny remains and was bothered by the fact that she was slowly turning into one of the squints. Booth gets her dilemma: "She didn't get the same training the rest of you got on planet Vulcan. She's more sensitive. She likes puppies and kitties and ducklings and Jell-O shots and dancing on bars." [Followed by Booth's very entertaining dance-music vocalization and moves.] But Dr. Goodman managed to convince Angela not to leave the Jeffersonian eloquently speaking about how important she was to the team. Though Zack quipped, "Apparently all Angela needed was to hear her job description in a deep African-American tone." I'm totally digging the funny lines that are interspersed with the heavy drama. The relationships are really what make this show, and they are evolving each week. But I've got to agree with Bones, Booth telling her not to park her car crooked was just plain mean. But I have a feeling she might be up for a little bit of payback

Bones

Tonight was all about the dead D.J. Mount, who was mummified after being suffocated with crystal meth. When Booth and Bones go to talk to D.J. Rulz, he checks out Bones and wonders if the FBI has started recruiting from America's Next Top Model. Nice. Rulz, who, it turns out, isn't responsible for Mount's or his girlfriend Eve's deaths, practically begs Booth to toss him in the slammer to boost his rep in the hip-hop circuit. Which prompts Bones to ask, "What am I, in 'backwards world?'" Oh, and did anyone else catch the subtle throwaway line when Bones was trying explain why she was too busy to go out to the club in the first place? "There's a TV show that needs research. Not that they listen." Funny, considering that Kathy Reichs is a consultant on this show that is based on her life... wonder if Kathy begged the writers to toss that snarky line in there. Or if they just thought it would be amusing? And how funny was it to see Bones with a contact high? Actually how hysterical was it to watch her dancing and then try to explain tribal cultures and dancing to a bunch of hip-hop thugs? It was almost as entertaining as watching her kick some butt when they got all up in her grill. Was it just a strange coincidence that the drug of choice for this episode was crystal meth and the score to the show was done by Crystal Method?

Bones

Watching tonight's episode I couldn't help but think that Prison Break's Lincoln Burrows could really use the help of Bones and her crew. Sure, the guy they were trying to save from death row tonight turned out to be a guilty-as-sin, twisted serial killer, but if he were innocent, Bones and Booth would have been able to figure that out lickety-split. They did have to give up their weekend, but aside from Angela, that didn't seem like a hardship for anyone. I so felt for Angela

Bones

Bones finally gets a little bit of lovin'

• 2 weeks later...

Bones

It was a very bizarre Christmas at the Jeffersonian. The squint squad was trapped inside the facility because of some scary disease, or as Booth said, "Nothing brings people together like a Christmas lung fungus." But the biggest surprise didn't come wrapped with a bow. In a euphoric drugged state, Booth admitted that he had a 4-year-old son and that the kid's mom had refused to marry him. He seemed devastated by Bones' insensitive speech about unwed parents. But then he was charmed at finally getting to be the cool dad with Zack's wacky robot. I knew he was a big softie. And Bones didn't know she was being harsh with all her "Christmas killer" conversations and babbling on and on about meaningless presents and the Christmas myth

• 2 weeks later...

Bones

This was one of my favorite episodes of the fall season. The whole mummification thing was so cool, and above all else, there was something in it that made Bones get all squeamish. Angela, of course, wasted no time rubbing that fact in: "You pick dead bodies out of mass graves, and ripping out a belly-button ring makes you sick?" Other amusing things? The FBI agent calling Zack "Willard" after he zealously discussed how he's been around crime scenes where rats were aplenty. Bones hyped up on meth and eager to get started on the case: "I'm not at all tired, so I could stay up all night and work." Zack's reason for not heading out to dance: "I've been told I look like a marionette in a windstorm." And Hodgins' reason for why he got to hit Zack with the cane instead of vice versa: "You have arms like noodles, while I'm vigorous and burly." Yeah, hardly. And if all that wasn't enough, they tossed in the cutest dog, Tutti, who could sniff out cadavers buried under concrete. That's a skill, and Bones is right: A little drool shouldn't matter in that case.

Bones

One of my favorite things about Bones is how oblivious she is to the pop-culture world, like when Angela expressed her interest in dating Colin Farrell, and Bones tried to contribute, "I know him; he's funny." Angela shook her head and said, "That's Will Ferrell." I love that, despite their marked differences, Angela and Bones can be best friends, even when Ange is disgruntled with her job

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Up Close with Bones' "Boy" Genius

by Raven Snook

060201insider3.jpg

Eric Millegan, Bones

When Fox's Bones returned from hiatus last Wednesday in its new 9 pm/ET, post-American Idol time slot, the sexy-spooky crime series earned its highest ratings yet. The bad news? It was trounced by the competition

• 1 month later...

Couresy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Bones

I was so excited that I actually got to watch Bones on its proper night. There is usually a dual conflict with Lost and Veronica Mars, and a girl can only watch so much at the same time, ya know? And while I'm pleased as punch that this show is still on the air and has really found its groove, this particular episode was lacking a lot of the banter that I've come to adore. But watching Brennan take down a suspect and gleefully announcing "I feel like kicking him" was rather entertaining. But the best part of the night was the stern Dr. Goodman basically threatening the insubordinate Hodgins. "Your primary job is to do as I say. Failing that, your job is to fool me. You failed to fool me, Dr. Hodgins." And that was before he really tore into him and explained politely all the ways that he could torture him. Oh, and I still don't trust that Jesse Kane. Maybe he didn't murder his father, but when he tried to put the moves on Brennan, I was annoyed. There is something a little too smooth about that character and I get the sneaking suspicion that we haven't seen the last of him.

Bones

So I had to suspect that Agent Kenton was bad from the moment he walked on screen. I mean it was almost a little bit of d

Bones

Was it a purposeful inside joke that David Denman who plays Roy on The Office said that he and his fianc

Archived