"some" Worst Enemies

Mimi

if it takes someone 28 years to broaden their horizons... i pass. i dont need to follow in their shadows, i would be walking backwards in time.

i started earlier. perhapes in kindergarten.

time will tell with jameka..maybe she worded herself wrong.. and once we see her on the show she will explain herself better.. but as for now, she doesnt seem too great. not only is she said to have an attitude, but she herself has put an X on herself.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fizz, I'm not trying to pick a fight, really I'm not. I WAS gonna, but I actually read all your posts in the other thread and you're kinda growing on me! I just have one question. What is "wrong" with how Jameka worded herself? She said she's only been around Black people. She didn't say she doesn't want to be around other people. In the other thread you said you went to school in El Paso and Colorado where the majority was other than White. Would it be "wrong" for those people to say they've only been around Latinos or Blacks?

I'm not saying the girl doesn't have an attitude. She just might. (Believe me, I absolutely despised Omaroso and felt she turned everything into a racial conflict!) I'm just saying it's not fair to judge her negatively based on that comment. She grew up where she grew up and she lives where she lives. There are a lot of Black people there. Everyone gravitates to those who are like themselves. Right or wrong it's human nature to seek the familiar.

i get what you are saying.. but i just dont buy what she is selling.

In the other thread you said you went to school in El Paso and Colorado where the majority was other than White. Would it be "wrong" for those people to say they've only been around Latinos or Blacks?

it would be wrong considering that those same kids went to school with a handful of military kids all of their lives. so to say that they only been around "latinos" would be wrong. now, if they choose to be with only their race that is different. but dont say "ive only been around black people". if you choose that way of life say it like that. say "I chose to only be around black people all my life"

i too looked into Waldorf, MD. it says 61.11% is white and 31.68% is black. Sooooo there is a good chance she would be around white people at work at least.. right?

as i said before.. this is just based on first impressions and what the players have said prior to entering the house. they could totally be opposite of what i or others thought. but as of right now... i dont buy it. not just her story either.

Vj.. i dont wanna fight either... cause i am trying not to get any warnings this year (you dont want any either trust me) and thanks for reading other post of mine before doing any karate kicking.. hehe. its ok if we dont agree, as long as in the end we agree that everyone deserves to have their say.

Well, Fizz, I think it just comes down to semantics and our interpretations of the the word "around". I don't take it quite so literally. To me, "being in the presence of" or "being in the same room with" people is different than "being around" people and gaining understanding their culture. I'm sure your experiences of being in the minority in school gave you some insight into the majority culture. It was all around you. But I bet a lot of those kids did not learn a lot about your culture or feel that they spent time "around" White people simply because you were there.

This is a curiosity question, not a finger pointing question. When you were at those schools, did the kids in the majority reach out to you or others? Did the military kids hang "around" with the majority culture kids, or did they tend to stick together because that's where they felt comforable?

well, us military kids did hang out.. but we also hung out with others too. we were all in other clubs or sports that included latinos. i was on the gymnastics team and there was another white girl and a black girl (we were very funny together) and the rest were mexican. we were a very close team.

same for all of the other clubs and teams. i learned all the spanish curse words. i was taken in by many, and never felt like odd "girl" out. but being a navy brat.. i had learned a long time before hand that i had make good of what i was given. so i never really cared or noticed really what color someones skin was. oh and PS. my highschool sweetheart was a military brat also, but he was also half mexican/half white. his mother loved me and even though i barely understood her most the time.. she taught me how to cook some really hot stuff!

a few weeks ago i got lost in a town that was majority black. getting lost gives me panic attacks. i really thought i was gonna have a breakdown. not once did i think "oh great.. i am lost in Elizabeth NJ.. surrounded by a bunch of blacks" all i thought was "omg, what if i never make it back to the turnpike.. or what if i end up driving the wrong way and end up in a different state?.. where are my pills?ohh there is a person, let me stop and ask him where i am"

i dont know.. i guess i feel offended by her statement. yeah, i guess that is it. fizzle feels offended. there i said it. Thanks Vj.. how much $ do i owe you for this session?

Hey, this session is on the house, Fizz. I realize that everyone's perceptions are different. I am a Black man in a verrrrry White psuedo-Southern state. People say things all the time and I know they don't mean anything by it, but it rubs me the wrong way all the same. If it's any consolation, most of my really good friends are "non-Black". My mom always said I needed more Black friends.

I saw someone in the other thread was ribbing you about how many posts you have. To add insult to injury, you joined the forums less than 2 months before me. You have well over 7,100 posts. I think this makes my 10th.

I saw someone in the other thread was ribbing you about how many posts you have. To add insult to injury, you joined the forums less than 2 months before me. You have well over 7,100 posts. I think this makes my 10th.

correction.. thats when i re-joined. hehehehe Mortystv had a ... a mishap and well, everyone had to re-join if they were a member from before..

but anyways.. forgetting all that... you sure do have a lot of catching up to do!!!! :animated_bouncy:

Vj, does this mean you are my new black friend? i will even bump you up past uvp.. he gets kinda jumpy anyways. :animated_rotfl: (j/k uvp)

Fizz, can I be your friend who happens to be Black instead? As you say, what does race matter? Check out my post in UVP's thread. You might find it amusing.

Yath, my initials are V.J. and I live in Oklahoma...VJinOK, get it?

you most certainly can be my friend that happens to be black..

i will forget that you are black anyways... i am colorblind. (not really but you know what i mean)

:::::::kicks Yath:::::::::: ethnic name?? what were you thinking? its Vj!

sorry Vj.. i missed your question earlier. no, i moved to NJ about 11 years ago. although, i have always been told i sound like a new yorker. dont ask anyone in NJ though, they say i have an accent of another kind??? like they have room to talk.

Ginger.. come back to me!!!

Archived