Sign in to follow this  
uvp

Wwe Chris Benoit And Family

Chris Benoit, family found dead

Written: June 25, 2007STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007

Oh wow... Very sad...

they saying it is a murder suicide

The Rabid Wolverine, aka The Canadian Crippler, aka The Shooter...

Another one from the Hart stable gone....

I was shocked to hear about this. I have loved wrestling since I was a kid, and I still watch WWE periodically. I liked Chris Benoit b/c he was such an athletic wrestler and just entertaining to watch, both in his WCW days and now. It's just crazy! I know that the official word isn't out yet, but what in the world would make him do this, if he did do it?

I just read a report that stated there was no gun used. The police chief said that when the final report comes out that everyone will see how "bizarre" it is.

Very sad. I would almost prefer a crazed killer on the loose, rather than a parent taking the life of his/ her child, spouse and then him/herself. My heart goes out to the families.

I'd like to know that too. I just don't understand how someone could do such a thing. There's got to be more to the story. its sad too. The Harts are such a good family too, it must be hard for them to see another wrestler they taught gone.

but what in the world would make him do this

Roid Rage, and the multiple flyimg head butts prob scrambled his brain a fair amount too...

Actually, they are looking into his extensive steroid use as a possible cause, so you may just be right about the roid rage, King. I just can't comprehend how anyone could smother their seven-year old son...totally senseless.

ATLANTA (AP) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son. Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as "roid rage."

ummm.......he was there all weekend with the bodies before he finally offed himself! :animated_shocking:

Just on CBS news.

"He strangled his wife on Friday, Smothered his son on Saturday and hung himself hours later."

My coworkers and I were just talking about this again this morning. We were trying to figure out, after he killed his wife, what in the world did he tell his son, b/c he might have asked where's mom? Did his son witness it? Was he sleeping at the time he was smothered? It's just hard to comprehend. There's also talk that there was an order of protection out against Benoit, but I don't know how true this is.

It's even more crazy b/c here in my hometown, a murder suicide happened here as well on Monday. A 5 year old boy came in from playing outdoors to find his parents dead, shot in the head. They still don't know who killed who at this time. The little boy ran to a neighbor's house and they called the police.

What's the world coming to?!

It has been reported that the Benoit's had been injecting human growth hormones into their son for some time.

This whole story gets sadder and sadder. All over sports talk they're blabbing about taking steroids and my question remains...why don't police & prosecutors go after the people who deal this stuff?

Why were they injecting HGH into their son? Isn't that dangerous?

Well, he isn't any longer... Both parents and the son are all dead... If he cared if it were dangerous he surely wouldn't have killed his son... Just a really sad event all together...

According to sources, they were injecting Daniel with HGH because they thought he was "small" for his age. They were also afraid of dwarfism. Never heard of HGH having any effect of dwarfism, though.

steroids may be bad but steroids cant be blame for what benoit did.

I also heard that his son was mentally challenged and that was part of the reason for injecting him with hormones.

I agree with you to an extent uvp. Steroids might have played a factor, but ultimately, we are all in control of our actions. He could have chosen to walk away from his family rather than kill them.

Well, according to the text messages he did try to clue someone in... It was just a lot too late... From what I can gather they really weren't injecting him with HGH... The needle marks were medical related... The trigger seemed to be a fight between his wife and him about the medical treatment of the child... I still say it's just very very sad whatever the reason...

This is very sad, I hope the truth will come out, at least for the family. I dont think he was trying to clue them in that there was trouble, I just think he wanted the bodies to be found quickly. It is werd timing, the same day this came out some guy close to where I live, went and killed his wife, MIL and then himself. Too many crazies in this world, makes me want to go and hide!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9swapyH_uc

youtube parody of the incident

uvp doesnt approve but it was funny