Big Brother Tv

Got this annoucement from Entertainment Weekly Online http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20041846,00.html

Big Brother, After Dark launching on Showtime

Come July 5, rabid fans of CBS's Big Brother will have a new way to spy on the show's sequestered houseguests: the eye will start airing live feeds from the house on one of its sister Showtime channels. Dubbed Big Brother, After Dark, the live action in the house will air every night from 12 p.m. to 3 a.m. on SHOTOO, a Showtime channel that airs mostly theatricals and adult flicks and is available in over 14 million homes. This is the first time the network has aired live feeds on TV, though they have been available via the internet since BB launched seven years ago. Also new for fans this summer: episodes will be available on CBS.com. The eighth season of Brother will air Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. And yes

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me either... I just posted in the media thread that I was going to have to talk hubby into subbing to Showtime just so I can watch the SH feeds there :animated_rotfl:

WOOHOO I get Showtime, of course I get the live feeds too but it will be much more fun watching it on my TV. Hmmmm I wonder which feed they will show or will they show the split-screen/4 feed view & if they do that which sound feed will you get :animated_scratchchin:

Hey that article said the feeds would be going up to $14.99/month. That would be $44.97 vs the old $24.99. I hope that part's not true.

They were $ 13.99 a month last year... I don't know what the 3 month charge was though... I just remember that for some reason I went with the monthly charges instead of the 3 month charges... I believe that the charge was $ 39.99 without the discount code though... Somewhere in that range... They go up every year and I guess this year isn't going to be any different... :(

That is true Dream... It's also cheaper than my hubby's xbox points... He just spent $ 69.99 for points and he does that about 4 times a year...

LOL You would think... They are how microsoft makes them pay for updates to the game they already have... At least my feeds aren't that expensive...

I just looked at my real player billing history... I paid $24.99 in 2005 (because I used the $5 off coupon) & I paid $29.99 in 2006 (I think because I signed up thru Morty's & you don't get the use the coupon that way but I can't remember for sure as it was a year ago). This year the real site is showing the feeds to cost $39.99 for the whole season. I will pay whatever but that's quite a jump (30% in one year)

I don't know if you can use the discount code through Morty's or not... I never looked... Well, last year they charged me the $ 13.99 and when I called to cancel my feeds I asked them why I didn't get the discount and they gave it to me at that time... I got $ 15.00 back on my card...

Ahhh OK. My account doesn't show any discounts just the actual billed amount of $29.99. Now that I think about it I remember trying to sign up thru Morty's but it would never go thru, I kept getting error messages. I had waited til the last day & time was running out so I had to go to the real website & do it there. This year I will need to start trying earlier so Morty can get the kickback to cover all the bandwidth I plan to use :grin2:

I swear I did try thru Morty's last year. I even PM'd Jem because I couldn't get it to go thru. I ended up panicking before she could get back to me & ordering them thru Real. I will start earlier this year so that won't happen again :grin2:

So this Showtime delivery will only cover the house until midnite BB time? We all know that midnite to 3 would make much more interesting viewing!

Yeah, looks that way... We live feeders can just watch the feeds... I don't think I will talk to hubby about getting showtime after all...

To order the feeds thru Morty's...

Last year there was a link at the top of the very front Morty's page. I had to turn off my firewall to see it because my firewall blocks ads. I don't see it yet but my firewall is running :grin2:

Whew! I had to re-read post#1 before my panic settled.I thought it was implying that the feeds would only be on Showtime.

Thankfully they will still be on RealPlayer.....

And I think that is what I will stick with. I can''t justify paying for both and I would much prefer the internet feeds with access anytime I want it.

I wonder if the Showtime one will have FOTH though????????? ROFL!

I still have Real Player from 2 summers ago....2005. I am charged $9.99 per month and everytime I try to cancel, they give me a free month. So, I really only pay about 8 out of 12 months. :animated_scratchchin: Mine started out 2 yrs ago as the discount for BB6 at $9.99 per month and it has never changed. :party_smilie:

Guest janey_doll

I have the shotoo channel and will be recording the feeds from the TV everynight for the whole 3 months of BB, so anyone who doesn't have the channel and wants to have the TV feeds let me know and we can work something out and I can make you a copy.

Please PM me ahead of time so i will know how many copies i will be making and how many discs i should stock up on.

Archived