Fire Julie Chen!

Canopus

Please, someone tell me (honestly) that CBS is not keeping Julie Chen as the host of Big Brother this year! She is such a horrible host, and is likely responsible (in part) for worse ratings than would otherwise be expected.

How can they make such poor business decisions year after year?

Get a new host!

why? you barely see her. what i like about bb is the host the is show isnt about them? julie chen is just fine. unlike idol where ryan try to make the show about him

Agreed, she is a horrible host. But I would be dissapointed if she were replaced. It wouldn't be the same.

I keep waiting for her to mess up and press the button at the wrong time so the houseguest hear her speaking when their not supposed to. I get really nervous about it during the live shows.

I like Julie on the show for the same reasons everyone has already mentioned.

• She's got a quirk or two, but so what??? It's more endearing than annoying.
  • She may not add to the show, but she doesn't detract from it either. Like a good host is supposed to, she doesn't make it all about her. In other words, the show is center-stage, not the host.
  • It's nice for a change to have someone other than a white male or British blonde female hosting a reality series. Where else is an Asian female hosting a series on a MAJOR network show? Sure, Suchin Pak is on MTV, Lisa Ling is on the National Geographic Channel and Suzanne Whang is on HGTV, but they're hardly major networks. More people tune into CBS in one day than tune into those three networks combined viewership for a month.
  • She's married to the big boss. If she likes doing the show, then it's got a better chance of staying on the air for as long as she can stand the bi-coastal madness that is her life every summer.
Besides, Chenbot's such a cute nickname!

I love Julie Chen. She slapped Marcellas! :D

Anyways, who else could say "But first" like her? They even poked fun of it last season with an HOH competition "but first" (which Erika won I believe). The show just isn't the same without her!

Yeah can you imagine what Rosie would've done to Marcellas??? I don't wanna lose Julie... She's a much a part of the show as the houseguest to me...

LOL, Yana!

she's no Jeff Probst but she gets the job done.

Very true - Julie's better than Jeff Probst. He asks the most predictable questions and is "Immunity-back up for grabs" his signature statement or is he just at a loss for how to mix it up? Don't get me wrong, I like him better than most of the other hosts out there, but Phil Keoghan's gotta be my favorite male host.

I honestly would LOVE to see the REAL julie... AND i do think she would be great at the game (as long as the houseguest didnt know who she was, cause then they would vote her out early.. but if they didnt know, i think she would be Great at it.)

Archived