I Want A Bb Avatar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. I just want it to be BB8 related. Just say BigBrother8 or something. I don't know. I like purple and I like BB so something with those two things would be cool. I am just tired of my red heart I've had for three years. Thanks.

Here is a link to a BB8 picture but it is kinda large so I dunno how well it will resize down. When I get home I can play with it a bit or try to make you something else but right now I am at work & have no picture software available.

I was wondering with the heavy traffic at Morty's during BB season if they were going to take away our avatars and signatures again...... :animated_scratchchin:

They turned signatures off during the last BB season.

And then decided not to turn them back on again.

Frankly, they just get in the way when you're reading a thread anyway, so good riddance!

(If you still want to shout out a short blurb, put it under "location" in your profile! :) )

Oh, and if traffic this year gets bad again, you can say goodbye to your avatars for the duration again, I'm sure!

They turned signatures off during the last BB season.

And then decided not to turn them back on again.

Frankly, they just get in the way when you're reading a thread anyway, so good riddance!

(If you still want to shout out a short blurb, put it under "location" in your profile! )

Oh, and if traffic this year gets bad again, you can say goodbye to your avatars for the duration again, I'm sure!

The way this board handles their avs and sigs (uploaded onto their space) when the traffic spikes upwards during the show, the bandwidth usage dramatically increases. Most likely, they turn off those functions in an effort to reduce bandwidth....And also, I am guessing, to somewhat moderate the potential flaming that might come from sigs and avs. When the game is on, discussions get heated. It's bad enough without graphics getting into the fray... :laugh4:

One possible alternative is to adjust the board settings to where you can have avs and sigs that are hosted on Imageshack, Imagevenue or some host like that. Then all you do is hotlink to the image and it's not nearly the drain on the bandwidth. I believe this version of IPB does accomodate this. :nerd:

It's not only the bandwidth. When the season gets heated up, the board slows down considerably so when people are trying to get on having images there (from anywhere) it makes it go all that much more slowly so we turn off all the images to help the load time.

While y'all are on the subject...anybody willing to make (or refer somebody to make) a banner and iTunes logo for me? I realize that I'm not spiffy enough to do it.

I made my "avatar" from MS Paint... :rolleyes:

That's how behind the 8-ball I am!

You're not behind. I don't even know how to change an aviator if someone would make one for me. :animated_rotfl:

Could someone please make me one with Red letters and explain to me how to change it.

It's time to retire the fish..

Ok Dream, i sent a friend's request.

to change your avatar just save the image to your puter, then on Morty's at the top click "My Controls", then on the left hand menu click "edit avatar settings", then click "browse" in the "upload a new image from your computer" area, then find the image on your computer (& the image location will now show up in the box) & then click "update avatar" :animated_bouncy:

I just applied. WTG Dreams!

Post this over at OFF TOPIC too and it might not get lost. Or start a new thread here. I almost missed it.

Archived