How Did You Find Mortys?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also did a search during I think season three and found Morty's, no other site compares to this one. I too was a lurker for a few seasons of Big Brother, I mainly came to Morty's for the feed updates and to read the forums. I finally joined and everyone has been so great here. I can't wait until BB8 starts so we can get into judging and rooting for the people in the house. I will be at the beach when the show starts thank goodness for TIVO!!!

Someone mentioned it at CBS chat, I checked it out and found some wonderful people here. That was when Morty had the old board.

it was hard to follow the words..in fact there was no converstaion, only words gone astray...in between people trying to slip in 'dirty words' on the cbs bb chat during BB4 (or maybe 3?) someone posted that they got their updates from mortys, and that bailed me out of the 'chat' room

I had the feeds season 2 and was on the CBS chat and someone kept mentioning Check out mortys site so I came over a loooonnnggg time ago and havent left the site for updates since...actually never went back to the CBS site lol!!!

I think it was season 4 when I found this site. Because I remember being here at the beginning of season five. I remember the summary was about Adria and Michael playing chess and that it was going to be a looooooooooooong summer.

Anyways, I went to the CBS chat rooms and someone eventually gave out this site. Loved the summaries updated throughout the day.

I can't remember specifically either, but I think I was lurking another board and someone posted a link here. Since then, I have decided, hands down, that Morty's is the best BB board out there. I usually don't post much in the off season, but this time I have been checking in a lot more often and I'm happy I have.

just like Katydidit, i found Mortys thru Sirlinksalot. i also found a few other sites that i would go to for BB news. i found Mortys to be more user friendly. i will say at the time that i did use another site (will remain unamed) for my live updates and everything else bb related i relied on Mortys. only because i found a few of the live updaters here unreliable. (they are no longer here)

but that has changed also and i can say now that since last season i stayed at mortys for 100% of all my bb needs.

was in a cbs big brother 7 chat room and someone posted the link here. been coming every scince :-)

someone mentioned it for the live feed updates in a CBS chat room around BB4 or so........lurked till romber was on TAR for the first time, then it was all over!

Until BB4, I just watched the TV episodes.

I never even
thought
to look online, though I knew one could get the live feeds.

Once I found Morty's, I would read the updates once or twice a day.

Then, during BB5, I discovered
this place had a message board
!

(It was pretty primitive and really chaotic, but a lot of fun!)

So I lurked for half the season, until some topic came up that I just
HAD
to comment on.

Been here ever since, through all the board changes and upgrades (and the big hack!).

A few months after BB5, when the action died down, it was back to lurker mode for me,

where I've been ever since.

But you'll all be seeing more of me around this season, I'm sure.

There is no place I'd rather be for BB.

(
Even though, unlike around BB4, there are now lots more BB sites
.)

Unfortunately, there were times that this board jammed up and no one could get on.

At times like those, if I didn't have a back-up, I would have gone
crazy
without updates!

So even though this is the main place I go, and
the only place I call home
, I've got a back-up ready, just in case.

Im awful too. I cant remember how I found Morty's either. :lookaround:

When I did find it though, I never went anywhere else. I wasnt fond of the CBS chatrooms, and never really found any other site that was good for updates - Until I came here. I lurked for a while, but everyone seemed so nice that I jumped right in and made myself comfy. BB6 I posted more often, BB7 I got into helping with live feed updates, and I expect it will be the same this year as well.

I also don't remember how I found this site, but it was sometime in BB2 and I have known each year come April it is time to start checking on Morty's (OK, confession, I actually check several times during the winter, I guess that I am just hoping that something will happen). I don't post much, but I read alot!

Greatest site. Even when I stray a bit and check the others I come right back, I don't like the format of the others. (or the people)

I found Morty's through word of mouth.

I only started watching Big Brother at season 6, after someone at work practically forced me to.

I had seen it on TV in years past, but always changed the channel because I thought it must be boring!

(I know, how stupid was I???!!!)

At least I've caught up with the previous seasons, by watching the best bits and pieces people have put up during the off-season. And I'm glad I did, because being familiar with the previous houseguests made All-Stars way more enjoyable, I think, than it would have been otherwise.

Then my friend from work told me, once they had gotten me thoroughly hooked, that I have to check out Morty's, since it is the best BB site around, with the best people.

And they were right again, on all counts!

I finally stopped being a lurker when Shockalot went too far for me to hold my tongue any longer.

Luckily, my friend was around to teach me how to actually post, or I'd still be figuring it out!

• 1 month later...

I've used Morty's for last 3 seasons of BB...

you're the go-to for information of who's nominated, who's HOH, etc

finally jumped in and registered..

ETA; I just got the internet for last 3 seasons but, am a real dork watching my favorite summer time recreation..have only missed 1 episode of BB and that was because my cable was out

I found Mortys accidently. My name being nawlinsgal and another Mortys member long ago Nawlinsgaytor..well anyway someone accidently sent me a Yahoo IM that was meant for Gaytor...still not sure how they messed that up but I'm glad they did.

So after reading the IM about BB I decided to check the place out they were talking about and I stayed at first at the old boards as a lurker for a bit because they had some really great funny posters and there was this thread about stealing Cappys name or something that was hilarious..

When Survivor rolled around I started writing part of the survivor show for the board and then found off topics and just never left...

As for Jem...yes it's true she was a wild fighting woman at one time...lol...now she is just a wild woman...lol

I think its funny how many ppl found it from cbs. lol....ty cbs

I started in the CBS chats waaaaaay back.

(actually still e-mail back and forth someone from N.C. that I became close cyber-space friends with)

It was a mad-house over there - and I remember checking out Aldav.... got Morty's link there... and I've been here ever since.

I joined when Morty was doing all the up-dates. (did he ever sleep ?)

His humor and 'take' on what was happening in the house hooked me.

After awhile I lurked on the message boards, and finally got up enough nerve to start posting.

I only visit a few other Message Boards... but usually don't even register... just lurk a bit on most of them.

Been here thru thick and thin AND will probably still be here if the Old Age Home lets me have a computer :P

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name