Episode 2.02: Lizards

Jem

Episode 2.02: Episode Title Unknown

Airdate: Fall 2007

• 05/27 - The second episode will introduce new regular Monica. She is a beautiful African-American in her late 20s. She is very kind to people and always thinks of them before taking care of herself. Source: TV Squad

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

Episode 2.02: Title Unknown

Airdate: October 1, 2007

• 07/20 - Dana Davis has joined NBC's hit sci-fi drama Heroes as a regular, playing a new hot young hero. While her powers are being kept under wraps, it is understood that Davis' character, Monica, would give up everything to help the people around her. Source: The Hollywood Reporter
  • 07/18 - An upcoming episode, more than likely episode 2, will feature 60-year-old African-American Nana Dawson; Camilla, a southern woman in her 20s; cheerleader Camille; and Mr. Lakshmani, a 40-year-old Indian. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat

Notice title change.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

• 07/29 - There's a new character named Monica who comes from a Katrina-ravaged area of Louisiana. Source: Kristin on E!Online

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

• 08/25 - Kensei's power will be revealed. Source: HeroSite

• 3 weeks later...
NBC has released the official plot description for the second episode of Season 2,

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

• 09/12 - With one person dead, Matt enlists some unlikely help as the attacks continue on people with abilities. Claire's efforts to hide her healing abilities at her new California high school are jeopardized by a fellow student with a secret of his own. As part of his new job, Dr. Suresh must track down The Haitian. While crossing into Mexico, Maya and Alejandro's abilities prove to be a threat to those around them. Meanwhile, disappointed by his hero Kensei, Hiro resolves to rectify any damage his presence in feudal Japan has done to history. And another lost Hero falls in with a gang of Irish gangsters with clues to his past. Jack Coleman, Dana Davis, James Kyson Lee, Adrian Pasdar, Zachary Quinto, Milo Ventimiglia also star. Nick D'Agosto, Katie Carr, Ashley Crow, Cristine Rose, Barry Shabaka Henley, Dominic Keating, Holt McCallany, Eriko Tamura, Adair Tishler and Stephen Tobolowsky guest star. Source: NBC [Note: The scenes of Niki and Micah leaving Las Vegas where moved to episode 2.03.]
  • 09/05 - "There's going to be an interesting channel of communication," said James Kyson Lee , who plays Ando. "I can't reveal what, but it's going to be such a great way of storytelling. What happens in one timeline may affect the other. For Ando, I think you'll see him spending more time at Yamagato. Does he want to stay there? Probably not, after experiencing all that he did in season one." [...] Hiro won't be the only one hopping through time. Source: Yahoo!

Great episode. I wonder if Kensei is immortal and still alive in the present?

I don't like Claire's obsession with self mutilization. Fine she heals herself, but that's just wrong.

So we see the twin's powers now. If he could bring the dead back to life, why didn't he do it at the truck?

Still no Nikki, Micah. They are in the preview for next week though.

Why didn't peter just send that guy flying and take the box?

Oh, and the sword maker's daughter is a cutie!

I was really looking forward to the reveal of the twins' powers, but afterward was severely unimpressed.

I am so glad to see the Haitian back.

Feeling a bit frustrated with the feudal Japan storyline, I think it is so trite and contrived. There is so much better use for Hiro. I liked moody future Hiro from Season 1 so much better. :)

HRG, awesome as always.

Everything else was so-so for me. I got into the HEROES!!!! phenom kind of late so I was able to watch the episodes marathon-style. Watching it week by week is an effort in patience. I am doing my best not to read spoilers. :D

I was really looking forward to the reveal of the twins' powers, but afterward was severely unimpressed.

I was getting excited about the twins. The script that I submitted for the "new" heroes was very similar, well, to the point that I was getting a little suspicious. But then they blew it with the "bring back the dead" power. Oh well.

BTW - I never really watched more than a couple of episodes last season, so forgive me if I don't know names...

I really liked this episode...especially since it seems they are starting to give us little tiny pieces to the puzzle that is season 2. The biggest being the Angela Petrelli and Kensei characters. I've been interested with AP for quite awhile because they've made her character quite murky. But after tonight's episode I'm beginning to think that much more centers around her than I first thought. Last night we found out:

1. That she DID sleep with Kaito a long time ago! Now really think about that one...there are so many possibilities! Could there be a combined lineage with the Nakamuras and Petrellis? Could Hiro and Peter be related? Did her sleeping with Kaito have a distinct purpose?- besides the sex, of course. Does this mean that we'll see the Kaito character again in a flashback? Juicy, juicy...

2. I have the sneaking suspicion that Angela set up that whole "being attacked by an invisible being" thing. I mean, we already knew she had the photo, yet, it seemed like she had it in her hand so they would think someone put it there. We also know she has powers, and my gut says she used those powers to deceive them...I just don't trust her AT ALL, but I can't wait to see where they're going with this.

Next- the immortal "Kensei"...or whoever he is! My first thought is that he is exactly like Claire, but he actually died and came back to life without any intervention (ie-the lady pulling the stick thing out of Claire when she was in the morgue) so there is much more to him than that. It will be interesting to see if he heals when injured or if it is only when he actually dies that he heals.

But the BIGGEST revelation is what baron stated-

I wonder if Kensei is immortal and still alive in the present?

If he is indeed immortal, then he would indeed be alive in the present! Which leads to the big question- who is he? And is he a "hero" or someone very, very evil? Oh say, the boogieman? the man with the red eyes in Molly's pictures? I really have no idea other than his being immortal opens up the possibility. I know they've made him kind of the comic relief at this point but I'm wondering if that will change in the future (kind of like Hiro's character is much different in the future than in the present).

Another thing it will be interesting to find out (hopefully next week) is whether, when he comes back to life, if he will know who he is or will he start all over again with a new identity?

Peter- Wow, he was never this powerfully in control of his powers before the explosion...did the explosion make him THE ultimate super hero? For example- does anyone remember him being anywhere where he could have absorbed Niki's husband's powers of "phasing"? He was able to have his hands go right through the ropes but I don't remember him ever having that ability before. PLUS...ol' Milo's been working out over the season break. Thank you, Milo, thank you, very much. :drool:

Which leads to baron's astute observation:

Why didn't peter just send that guy flying and take the box?

my thoughts, exactly. seems like a major flaw to me...let's hope there is an explanation.

Still no Nikki, Micah.
YAAY!

They are in the preview for next week though.
BOO!

So we see the twin's powers now. If he could bring the dead back to life, why didn't he do it at the truck?

My guess is that it has to be done really soon...that's why they have to stay together. Maybe Nidia was "mostly dead" as in The Princess Bride "mostly dead" lol.

And the scene that made me cringe the most- Claire's extreme pedicure. EWW! I was just glad they didn't show Mr. Muggles chasing after the bloody appendage. shudder.

Ok, I concede that West is seeming a bit more trustworthy after this episode...

AND I actually liked Mohinder in this episode (SHOCKER!). I like the fact that he's working with Bennet and Matt. When they showed the cozy little scene with Molly and Matt sleeping and Mohinder pulling up her covers I thought, hey- I have an idea for a spin-off: the Mohinder, Matt and Molly Show! Or they could just call it "The M & Ms" :giggle:

Ok, I'm losing it...sorry about that.

Question: Mr. Bennet showed Isaac's painting to his wife and mentioned that there were seven more...did they mention these specific paintings in season one anywhere? (buxomb?) How does he know this? Does this have anything to do with Isaac's death scene when he said he realized what his purpose was to stop Sylar?

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Heroes

by Casey Marsella

Did Mrs. Petrelli Join the Other Fallen Heroes?

Episode Recap: "Lizards"

Warning. This is your SPOILER ALERT! If you have not watched this week

Something I was thinking about today. Could Kensai be the ancestor of all the heroes? Was he the first? His kanji symbol has been prevalent throughout the series, so that could be a clue. I realize there are many races and many places his decendants would have had to travel, but it is possible to mix and mingle bloodlines overtime.

Just a thought.

Another thought- Since Maya could "kill the devil", is she going to be the only one who could possibly bring down the "boogyman" aka Kaito's killer?

...and, WOWSER, I can't believe I didn't catch this one! I mean, I noticed that Peter was wearing the symbol necklace but I didn't connect it and his memory loss with the Haitian until now-

Now, we got a couple of people writing in with this question, but Jason Aiken was the first to ask. He writes, "Great way to start the season! Last year you guys said that the Haitian was up to something when 'How To Stop An Exploding Man' was going down. Seeing as how Peter returned with the Haitian's necklace and a case of amnesia, can we assume the two events are connected?"

Glad you liked the premiere Jason

Archived