Grey's Anatomy

Jem

General Spoilers:

• 05/22 - I've now heard from various reliable sources that Isaiah has been taking meetings in New York and Los Angeles in search of a new job that would take place during the coming TV season, so it certainly appears that Isaiah's Grey's days are over. Insiders at ABC tell me "not everyone will be coming back" to Grey's this fall, and although T.R. Knight's fate was also left hanging in the balance after the season finale, I'm hearing that he's gonna be back but like I said, Isaiah looks to be a goner. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 05/16 - T.R. Knight will be back next season. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 05/09 - Sources close to Grey

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

General Spoilers:

06/08 - Multiple sources are telling me that Isaiah Washington will not be returning to Grey's Anatomy next season. An ABC Studios spokesperson confirms that the actor's contract option has not been picked up, but declined further comment. [...] Washington's rep, Howard Bragman, confirmed the news, adding that his client was informed by Grey's executive producer Shonda Rhimes earlier today that he was not being invited back to the show. [...] Plot-wise, it won't be difficult to explain Washington's absence. In last month's season finale, Burke left Cristina at the altar and moved out of their apartment. Source: The Ausiello Report

• 06/12 - Executives tied to the show say the fourth-season plan is to add several cast members, including at least one fresh-faced new intern: Meredith Grey's half-sister Lexi (Chyler Leigh) will become a frequent presence with a multi-episode story arc. They are also seeking a new recurring male character to compete with Patrick Dempsey's Dr. McDreamy. Source: AOL
spoilerfix.com

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

General Spoilers:

07/11 - Grey's Anatomy has promoted Chyler Leigh (aka Mer's McDreaming half-sis Lexie) to a series regular, an ABC Studios rep confirms. Source: The Ausiello Report

07/02 - I'm hearing [that George and Callie's relationship] is proving quite a difficult puzzle for Shonda Rhimes, who is fully aware of the fan backlash over last season's George and Izzie hookup and has been doing quite a few rewrites. Source: Kristin on E!Online

06/12 - Executives tied to the show say the fourth-season plan is to add several cast members, including at least one fresh-faced new intern: Meredith Grey's half-sister Lexi (Chyler Leigh) will become a frequent presence with a multi-episode story arc. They are also seeking a new recurring male character to compete with Patrick Dempsey's Dr. McDreamy. Source: AOL

06/08 - Multiple sources are telling me that Isaiah Washington will not be returning to Grey's Anatomy next season. An ABC Studios spokesperson confirms that the actor's contract option has not been picked up, but declined further comment. [...] Washington's rep, Howard Bragman, confirmed the news, adding that his client was informed by Grey's executive producer Shonda Rhimes earlier today that he was not being invited back to the show. [...] Plot-wise, it won't be difficult to explain Washington's absence. In last month's season finale, Burke left Cristina at the altar and moved out of their apartment. Source: The Ausiello Report

05/09 - Sources close to Grey

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILEFIX

General Spoilers:

07/12 - Entering their first year as residents, Meredith Grey, Cristina Yang, Izzie Stevens and Alex Karev now have interns of their own to mentor. Among the new interns are George, forced to repeat his internship after failing his exams, and Lexie Grey, Meredith's half-sister. Actress Chyler Leigh joins the cast as Lexie Grey. "Grey's Anatomy" stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Patrick Dempsey as Derek Shepherd, Sandra Oh as Cristina Yang, Katherine Heigl as Isobel "Izzie" Stevens, T.R. Knight as George O'Malley, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey, James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber, Sara Ramirez as Callie Torres, Eric Dane as Mark Sloan and Chyler Leigh as Lexie Grey. Source: ABC

General Spoilers:

07/27 - Edward Herrmann is scrubbing in for a guest role on ABC's hit drama Grey's Anatomy. Details on his role are being kept under wraps, but it is understood that he will play a doctor in at least three episodes. Source: The Hollywood Reporter [Note: Could he be playing the doctor in his 50s described in our 4.02 spoilers?]

• 2 weeks later...

General Spoilers:

08/01 - Sources confirm that newly minted Emmy nominee Elizabeth Reaser is returning to Grey's this fall as Alex's erstwhile Jane Doe. An exact episode count is still being worked out, but my spy tells me it's "definitely more than one." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

• 2 weeks later...

General Spoilers:

08/17 - A new season of Grey's Anatomy and some fresh new spoilers! Many of these will be in the season premiere September 27th, but some will obviously carry over for a few episodes, and some are rather obvious from how we saw the plot going in the season finale. George decides to repeat his internship, meaning he'll be with all the new interns including Lexie, Meredith's half sister. No word on which new resident will have either George or Lexie, but we know it won't be Izzie. The rest of the former interns are now residents, and are having issues with having to report to Callie. Meredith joins Cristina on her honeymoon before they both return to Seattle Grace two weeks after Burke walked out on Cristina. And yes, Burke has resigned. And Meredith uses the time away to consider her own relationship with Derek. Bailey is still pretty upset with Richard for choosing Callie for Chief Resident and is struggling to find her place on the hierarchy of the hospital. Richard takes Derek's advice and decides to return to his position as Seattle Grace's Chief. And he and Adele get back together. After Addison leaves, Mark tries to befriend Derek again. and it sounds as though his relationship with Meredith will also play a role in this. One of the interns from last season's season finale has also snagged a spot as a recurring character on Grey's Anatomy. Candice Afia will be returning to Grey's Anatomy. Joseph Williamson (who played the hot intern in the season finale) will be returning as well. Of the remaining two interns we saw last season, neither are returning as this season's interns. Source: SpoilerBuzz

08/15 - As per Ausiello's Vodcast on TV Guide.com, Callie will learn the truth about Gizzie during one of the following: 1) The first scene of the premiere, 2) November Sweeps, 3) Episode Three entitled "Let The Truth Sting." Source: SpoilerTV

08/08 - I hear Lexie and Derek are not happening - at least not initially. Word around Seattle Grace is that Lexie is being paired with Alex. That should certainly make things interesting when Jane Doe/Ava/Rebecca reappears. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

(EDIT: Sept 8 to move Episode spoilers to the Episode spoiler thread)

• 3 weeks later...

General Spoilers:

08/29 - [Edward Herrmann is] playing the world's oldest intern. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

• 2 weeks later...

General Spoilers:

09/26 - Though Burke left Cristina and she broke down in Meredith's arms in the finale, she appears to be back to her old cold self. She calls her four newly appointed interns, including Meredith's kid sis, Lexie (played by new series regular Chyler Leigh), by numbers, not names. Lexie is "3." [...] McDreamy Derek has buddied up with McSteamy Mark Sloane (Eric Dane), who were both abandoned by Addison. "There's an interesting camaraderie, which is kind of fun," Dempsey says. [...] As for the romance between Derek and Meredith, things seem pretty much the same as always. Quizzed by Cristina in a hospital corridor scene, Meredith confesses that she and McDreamy (referred to by Cristina in this episode as "Mr. Incredible") have an upcoming "on-call-room date." Source: USA Today

09/26 - We're told producers are looking for a big-name star for a recurring role on the show to begin around November. She'll be in her early 30s, sweet, strong and the sort of girl who would catch the eye of a certain regular character. Source: Kristin on E!Online

09/19 - "I want to be clear that Derek loves Meredith," [shonda Rhimes] said as if to put the debate to rest once and for all. "Derek loves Meredith more than anything and I can't imagine Derek going anyplace else other than Meredith." [...] "A lot of people aren't sold on Izzie and George," she acknowledged. "I think the mistake that everyone makes is that we are telling you Izzie and George are the love story of the century; they're not the love story of the century. And when other people find out about Izzie and George - remember, people don't know about them yet - other people might think that's not a good idea either." [...] I caught up with James Pickens Jr. on the red carpet and he teased that there will be some drama surrounding the Chief's living situation (i.e., you won't believe who's moving in next door). Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Grey's Anatomy' Casts Mystery Woman

Lauren Stamile tapped for recurring role

October 5, 2007

33019579.jpg

Lauren Stamile

"Grey's Anatomy" has already added one new actress to its cast this season, and now it's bringing on another for a significant role.

Lauren Stamile has been cast in a "major recurring role" on the hit ABC drama, according to The Hollywood Reporter. She'll make her first appearance later this season.

As with many things related to "Grey's," there's not much information to be had about her character. The HR teases that Stamile's character will share screen time with Patrick Dempsey's Dr. Derek Shepherd but doesn't disclose in what capacity, be it professional, personal or both. There's also no word on when she'll make her first appearance.

Stamile is the second major addition to the show's cast this season. Chyler Leigh has a regular role on the show as Meredith's (Ellen Pompeo) half-sister, a new intern at Seattle Grace Hospital.

Stamile played Kate Jackson in NBC's 2004 movie "Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Charlie's Angels." She also co-starred in The WB's sitcom "Off Centre" and has done guest spots on "CSI: NY," "Boston Legal" and "Girlfriends," among others.

• 3 weeks later...

General Spoilers:

10/14 - Seth Green (Austin Powers) will be admitted to Seattle Grace for a two-episode Grey's Anatomy arc, says the Hollywood Reporter. Source: TV Guide Online

10/14 - An upcoming Grey's episode involves a plastic-surgery patient who has sex with a constipated patient and it relieves his constipation. Source: Kristin on E!Online

10/14 - Someone from Mer's past is returning next month. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide [Note: In his vodcast, Ausiello reveals that it is her father.]

10/06 - Lauren Stamile has been cast in a "major recurring role" on the hit ABC drama, according to The Hollywood Reporter. She'll make her first appearance later this season. [...] The HR teases that Stamile's character will share screen time with Patrick Dempsey's Dr. Derek Shepherd but doesn't disclose in what capacity, be it professional, personal or both. There's also no word on when she'll make her first appearance. Source: Zap2it [Note: Some rumors say she may be a potential love interest for Derek or another of his sisters. Most sources seem to agree that she is a love interest but nothing has been confirmed.]

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

General Spoilers:

11/27 - [Joshua Jackson] is no longer scheduled to come on Grey's. Producers are hoping they can figure out another slot for him after the strike, but that's contingent on his schedule. Source: Kristin on E!Online

11/18 - Joshua Jackson's arc has been delayed indefinitely. I found out which Seattle Grace doc he was going to be paired with, and it's pretty much the last person I would've suspected: [...] It's Cristina! Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

• 2 months later...

General Spoilers:

01/16 - When the show returns, Christina will have 2 major storylines: a romance with Joshua Jackson's doctor character and she will help Meredith get over her split with Derek (which will last for awhile - at least until the end of the Derek/Rose arc). Source: The Ausiello Report

01/10 - I hear Shonda Rhimes has every intention of shoe-horning Pacey [Joshua Jackson] into Seattle Grace (and Cristina's bed) the second the strike is over. Someone - and a major someone at that - wants to be discharged from Seattle Grace, and STAT. But, as far as I can tell, that someone is not Sandra Oh. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

01/08 - I'm told the original plan for Lauren was for about seven episodes, possibly more if the Der-Rose chemistry was "humming." ... We'll get much more of Rose when the show returns (whenever that may be). Source: Kristin on E!Online

• 3 weeks later...

General Spoilers:

02/29 - ABC has confirmed that Kate Walsh, whose freshman show Private Practice is on hiatus until fall, will return to Grey's Anatomy as Dr. Addison Montgomery for one episode this spring. Executive Producer Shonda Rhimes is still fleshing out the script, so there's no word yet on when Walsh's episode will air. Source: Entertainment Weekly

02/23 - It appears Joshua Jackson's Grey's Anatomy gig has ended before it began. And once again, the writers' strike is to blame. To quickly recap, Grey's announced last fall that the ex-Dawson's Creeker would be joining the cast for a multi-episode arc as a doctor and, as I would later report, a love interest for Cristina. Unfortunately, just weeks before he was scheduled to shoot his first episode, the writers went on strike and Jackson's stint, just like the TV biz itself, was put on hold. Cut to present day: The strike is over, Grey's is headed back into production, and Jackson is - yep, you guessed it - no longer available. During the work stoppage, J.J. Abrams hand-picked the actor to headline his new X-Files-esque Fox series Fringe , which is currently in production in Toronto (and will be through mid-March). Although an attempt was made to make the scheduling work, ultimately the logistics proved too daunting. Now Grey's is forced to either recast the role or scrap it entirely. An ABC spokesperson declined to comment, but a Seattle Grace insider says a final decision will likely be made in the coming days. Source: The Ausiello Report

• 3 weeks later...

General Spoilers:

03/17 - "My goal is to get Meredith and Derek together for good and let them try to figure out what it is to be in a relationship in the future," Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes revealed to EW.com today. [...] Also coming up when Grey's returns for five episodes on April 24: Lauren Stamile, who plays McDreamy's latest potential love interest, Nurse Rose, will return for all five episodes; and Elizabeth Reaser, as Jane Doe, will be back for three. Source: Entertainment Weekly

03/06 - My Grey's spies tell me that Ms. Rhimes has decided to put the character [of Christina's love interest, originally offered to Joshua Jackson] on hold indefinitely. Source: The Ausiello Report

• 3 weeks later...

General Spoilers:

04/03 - Producers are looking for a pair of actors in their twenties to play gay soldiers in love. Interested thesps must be Caucasian, hot and be comfortable sharing a "very romantic kiss" with another dude. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

03/30 - Pretty boy plastic surgeon Mark "McSteamy" Sloan will continue his pursuit of the hard-to-impress Dr. Hahn. "The way that is going to play out will be surprising to everyone," Rhimes says. "Mark Sloan is not used to not getting what he wants." "I am pretty dedicated to the idea that [Meredith and Derek] are to be together for good this season," Rhimes says. "What's going to be interesting is how she gets her act together, and how they decided that this is it." Are those wedding bells we hear?! "I did not say there is going to be a wedding," Rhimes says. "Or a ring. Although I did not say there wasn't going to be a ring." Source: TV Guide

03/23 - George will move toward "becoming that guy," reveals Grey's exec producer Shonda Rhimes, which is a huge relief to T.R. Knight: "He's been such a mess for so long, making weird choices, it'll be nice to see him grow up a little quicker." Helping him get there? The Chief, who will take George under his wing. Christina, meanwhile, will have her own professional crisis over being Hahn's resident, and Ava/Rebecca will be back for three episodes. Also making a brief return: Addison. "There are a couple of surgeries only she can perform," says Rhimes, "and there are a lot of relationships only she has. It's going to be a very significant visit for a lot of the characters - particularly Addison." And we've saved the best for last: While Rose is returning for all five episodes, Meredith and McDreamy will be getting together "for good," says Rhimes. "The goal was not always to get them together at the end of the season, but that is my goal now." Source: Entertainment Weekly

03/22 - Amy Madigan has booked a multi-episode arc on Grey's Anatomy, sources confirm to me exclusively. The Oscar-nominated thesp [...] is playing a psychiatrist. Source: The Ausiello Report

03/19 - Gizzie is no more. Sources confirm that the ill-conceived plot twist suffocated to death under the weight of its own absurdity shortly after the writers returned to work last month. Addison just so happens to stop by Seattle Grace on the same day a patient is admitted to the hospital with a neo-natal-type emergency. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

03/18 - Sloan and Hahn's verbal sparring will continue. He will have to deal with the fact that Hahn is not that into him. Source: The Ausiello Report

• 4 weeks later...

General Spoilers:

04/24 - Someone gets pregnant before the end of the season -- and that the identity of the father may be in question. Source: Entertainment Tonight

04/23 - There is a Mer-Der resolution before the season ends and it looks as though they're heading for outright coupledom, but of course, it won't happen right away. Sources tell me that Derek and Rose are on a special (brain surgery, of course) hospital case for quite some time together when the show returns, and DeRose get pretty cozy, however their romantic connection won't survive the season, as sources tell me that Lauren Stamile (Rose) is being phased out of the show. Source: Kristin on E!Online

04/23 - Benny Ciaramello and David Giuntoli have been tapped to play the same-gender-lovin' gay soldiers who share a "very romantic kiss." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

Archived