American Idol Top 2 Finale Live Shows Discussion

uvp

song 1 i give it to blake. jordin singing like a child

song 2 jordin crushes blake

song3 game ending hr jordin wins american idol

winner jordin sparks :party_smilie:

C'mon, UPV. You give us all such hard opinions that we want to read what stance you're taking before we ever pick up the gauntlet.

p.s., besides, I'm not watching and am trying to catch up over here. :animated_bouncy:

C'mon. Bump it up.

blake rd 1

sadly we do :animated_bouncy:

rd 2 jordin crushes blake

"There was a time I packed my dreams away ...

This is my now ...

That was then, this is my now."

If I'm a teen, you got me, Blake.

A little soupy, but a great message.

crappy finale

melinda if she was a victim of idol politics would have destroyed both

imho blake has had the worst finale performance ever

yall seen melinda face classic

king or you drunk jordin destroy blake easily

new american idol jordin sparks

very bias

i just lost little ounce of respect i had for simon. no way was blake 1 song better then jordin last song. idol politics is in effect

i just thought Blake had the best preformance for the past 4 weeks.

and Best voice hardly wins, its who has the best preformances, and who stands out the most

i thnk jordin has abetter voice, but i dont think she will win, cause blake had better preformances. IM NOT BIASED. lol

One hundred thousand down, two to go. One guy, one girl, one last chance to win your vote. This is the night. This is the audience. This is American Idol!

It's the Beauty and the Beat Boxer, live from the Kodak Theater. Two very different people with two very different styles. But first, we say hi to the judges, Randy in a doorman's uniform, Paula in a maid's outfit and Simon in a man cleavage tux. A little judicial banter about Paula and her nose and a bad prime time family-not-so-friendly joke by Ryan and it is time to get started.

Blake and Jordin reflect on their time with American Idol, from the initial auditions through tonight's finale. The boy from Bothell has beaten the odds by stepping out of the box. The girl's performances have sparked America's passion. And now the final leg of the race. Blake or Jordin, tonight you decide their fate. Right after this break.

Last week, Jordin and Blake flipped a coin for who gets to perform first. Blake win the toss and chose to sing first after asking Jordin her preference. Each will sing three songs, one their favorite, one a song not performed before, and one song from the song writer's contest.

Performing You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovy, Blake begins the competition with his unique interpretation of the song. He was lacking the same emotional energy from the first time he performed it, but the beat boxing was tight and the crowed ate him up. Randy gave him a 10 out of 10 with the beat boxing but the singing was just all right. Paula said he outdid himself and was far superior to the old theater. Simon said he is not the best singer in the competition, but he is the best performer they have ever had.

Next up is Jordin singing a song not yet performed, Christina Aguilera's Fighter. Going for an edgier vibe, her performance was almost swallowed by the song. The vocals were all right although there was screeching and shouting towards the end, the band partly to blame. Randy said it is the great entertainer against the great singer; your performance wasn't great but your sining was stellar. Paula said she knew tonight was going to be the best finale ever. Simon thought the vocals were a bit shrieky in the middle, and gave round one to Blake (Randy and Paula refused to take sides).

Growing up, Blake always asked for a drum set but never got one. He started beat boxing his senior year in High School. His father thought it was a set of drums.

Blake returns to the stage, singing an unperformed song, Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved. Sitting simply on the stage, he starts out softly, nurturing the melody although slightly off harmony with the chorus. This straight up performance includes a little falsetto guaranteed to excite his fans. Randy says it was a great song and very nice vocal, natural and pure. Paula said it is good the first number is done, he got into the ease of this song, he looked relaxed. Simon said it was good, safe, but not as good as the first performance and may not have made as much of an impact.

Blake has never seen an American Idol finale before, and is taking it all in, not nervous and having fun.

Jordin always knew she wanted to sing and started competing at age 12. Her first two songs were the ABCs and Jesus Loves Me. At her age, she couldn't ask for more.

Jordin returns to the stage, singing her version of Martina McBride's Broken Wing. Also dialing down the performance, her vocals are spot on although she could use a touch more emotion. The song builds up to climactic finish. Randy says he has loved her since day one, the most talented 17 year old singer he has ever seen, that was flawless. Paula said she looks adorable and is in great, great vocal shape tonight. Simon says now that was good.

It is time to unveil the winner of the song writer competition from Seattle, This Is My Now.

Blake leads off his final song siting on the edge of the big screen, singing perhaps his most pure vocal. The song has a bit of a country twang and he doesn't try to outshine it. He is relaxed, enjoying the performance. It is not very emotional, however, nor very energetic as you might have hoped for a finale performance. Randy says this is not the kind of song that suits his voice; it was all right, not great but all right. Paula said he did great even if it was not his genre, great voice. Simon said it seemed a little odd, not the type of song he would normally sing and he looked a little frustrated; he should be judged on the first two songs, but he was right from the start, there is talent in Seattle.

Now it is Jordin's last chance to secure your votes with her take on This Is My Now. Glamored up with a black dress and sparkling earrings, she provides the emotional lift the vocals demand, although at times it sounded just a bit off pitch. The harmony with the background vocals didn't work for me, but the performance was one to give her competition some competition with a tear jerker conclusion. Randy said this is a singing competition and she was the best singer tonight, that was fire right there. Paula said she makes her proud, and she makes her parents proud, she is an angle and has a lot for which to be proud. Simon said last week he didn't think she was good enough to make the finals, and he says publicly now, he was wrong; this is a singing competition and she just wiped the floor with Blake on that song.

Blake and Jordin have done all they can do; it is now up to America. Randy things Jordin wins the night. Paula said they all end up winners. Simon said the best individual performance of the night was Blake on the first song, but based on overall singing, Jordin takes the night. Chris Daughtry performs the show-closing song, Home as we watch video highlights from the season.

I give Round 1 to Blake, Round 3 to Jordin, and a split for Round 2. Despite what the judges say, this is a popularity contest not a singing contest, and it will come down to which performer best gets out the vote.

Fuskie

Who has to wonder, had they picked a more balanced contest-winning song, would Blake have performed better...

I really like them both for this finale.

I can appreciate Blake and his fans.

But personally, Jordin reaches out and draws me in further.

That's gotta count for something.

my sources which i wont name are telling me blake will win.

apparently jordin lines are free while blakes is not.

Archived