On The Lot

Slowpoke

Anyone else interested in checking this new FOX show out that starts May 22nd ?

ON THE LOT

From Mark Burnett, Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Television, ON THE LOT affords aspiring filmmakers the opportunity of a lifetime: a $1-million DreamWorks development deal. And, 12,000 people submitted their films for consideration. ON THE LOT will feature filmmakers who will produce short films in every genre every week and the viewers will vote on who gets eliminated. The show will premiere with a one-hour auditions episode on Tuesday, May 22.

Here's more from the FOX site

http://www.thelot.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else try to catch bits and pieces of the 1st show last nite?

I flipped back and forth between it and DWTS's looooonnnngggg final show.

I'll be watching this one :excl: (check your TV listings... looks like it's on a few time a week)

I think I will like this show. I watched most of it last night and it looks interesting. But they have got to thin out this herd quick. I think they focused on about 1% of all contestants last night. These shows only succeed if the public has someone to root for. Too many right now.

There's another show on Thursday ( seems to be a 1/2 hour show for this particular segment )

Looks like they're doing something similar to AI's audition shows.... but, I think they're going to pare them down to the final contestants really fast.

Can't wait for them to get to the GOOD STUFF :excl:

I found this show to very interesting- I'll definitely be watching! I agree that they'll have to pare things down quite a bit before we really get to know the contestants and latch on to someone to root for. I'm trying to get my son to apply if they have a season two of this show as he works in digital media and rec'd Best of Show at his college's art show for a short film he created. I doubt he'll do it, but I'll keep bugging him anyway. ^_^

Check out On the Lot to view some of the contestant's video submissions. There are DEFINITELY some that are better than others! Check out "Drift", "Last Words of Jude", "Speed Dating" and "The Package" (by Alex Syler) to name a few of the better ones, imo.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

On The Lot Makes The First Series Of Cuts

For the On The Lot premiere, fifty of the world

Well I taped this on time shifting and then I missed the first half hour due to an election in Manitoba, so I only got to see the last half hour. Seems pretty good I will be watching again tonight.

On The Lot Cut Down To Twenty-Four Directors

onthelot_timeout.jpg

On the second episode of On The Lot, the aspiring directors worked in teams of three to create a short movie. Not all of the members of each team got along very well, and several of the teams worked through the night to edit their short films.

Instead of Gary Marshall, Jon Avnet judged the short films with Brett Ratner and Carrie Fisher. Four different short films were shown, and the judges evaluated each director based on the scene that they shot.

I loved some of the comedy short films last night. My list of the best:

Danger Zone

Dance Man

Lucky Penny

Replication Theory

Check Out

and. . . Getta Room! I'm pissed that the judges dismissed it for being politically incorrect just because they thought the character looked more "special needs" than nerdy. This show is supposed to be about artistic expression. I hope Jason makes it through to the next round.

I liked all those ones too jersey. The reason I didnt like getta rhoom was not becasue of political correctness but I just think he ripped off the guy from... damn brain fart, the guys name is bubbles, Im sure you know what show I am talking about lol. I just didnt find it funny. I also liked the girls sexy one lol, dont remember the name. I hope with the public voting that it doesnt turn into an AI, should be interesting to see who goes tonight.

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

On the Lot collapses as it turns into a bad clone of an American Idol clone

I

So what did everyone think about the eliminations??

I knew Getta Rhoom would stay, just because it was a "bad" film, it got more views, that was obvious. I was hoping that dork Kenny would go home, I really didnt like him, so of course he stayed. I was hoping they would say which of the top three was the best, my guess woudl be the alien one.

I'm glad America voted against being politically correct and not only kept Jason in the competition, but made his film one of the top 3 vote getters. I'm also pissed that Kenny is still there. I can't stand him and I thought his film was the worst. I was watching on and off so I missed which other 2 films in addition to "Getta Room" were in the top 3. I gather from your post above that the puking aliens were one. What was the other one? I would guess it probably was Danger Zone.

On The Lot Results

Getta Rhoom wasn't really that bad when you look at it again.... just a shame he couldn't have picked a more nerdy / clutzy type actor

I felt kinda sorry for the poor guy getting zapped outta heaven :(

Well, the concept is good. I enjoy seeing the different ideas that each of these people come up with and how they execute those ideas. But I have to agree with the post above that said it took an "American Idol like turn". I think some people got through this week for reasons other than talent. Phil Hawkins' elimination, in particular, was disappointing to me. I would prefer if the judges opinions account for some of the score (like Dancing With The Stars) or having the judges save someone who ends up in the bottom (like Rock Star or Grease). That way, talented directors would not be at the mercy of 12 year olds voting.

I try to remember someone in the industry might latch onto some of these young film makers that get booted.

I actually didn't expect the quality of what we've seen so far. I'm impressed.

hey KING 123 .... click on this if you want to see the 1st "18 One Minute Films" this past week

http://www.thelot.com/episodes/?ep=3&vd=35

Thanks for the links to all 18. Replication Theory made me laugh out loud. *mouths* It was me... :animated_rotfl:

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

FOX cuts On the Lot to one episode per week

After two weeks of disappointing ratings for its rapidly devolving series On the Lot, FOX has cut the show back from two nights to a single night.

FOX

I didn't realize more 2 hour shows were planned. Just this one where they had to show 18 films to pare it down.

I've always thought the 2 hour final shows for DWTS and AI were really stretching it.... and waayyy too long.

<----- hoping it doesn't get canceled :sad2:

Archived