best

1. kiki

2. melinda

3. jordin

4. blake

worst

predictions to go: blake

that would be my pick too but stranger things have happen

OK, I was gonna stay tucked away tonight. Can't do it. I'm in. Ante up, UPV.

Have to go type what I was thinking up to this point.

So far i havent seen a Great preformance.

Melenda- All right, but not american idol worthy with THAT song

Blake- he is my fave, but didnt do great.

Lakisha- Better of the 1st 3 songs. but not very good either

Why isnt anybody doing good?

man, i need a drink. :food-smiley-005:

First of all, I agree with whoever that was who posted somewhere --

The BeeGees' falsetto. Not sure I can go there. Not sure these four can go there.

Melinda. Love Melinda. She can maybe do ANY song. But she can't act. Have you seen the commercials? Presence counts -- electric counts. My opinion of her time: Not up to her capability.

Blake. OK, I'm in for the beat boxing. You proved yourself last week. So let's see what else you can do. My opinion of his time: workable, just no need to put that on vinyl.

Lakisha. Wow, this is out of the box for her. I respect her for following up on The-Vignettes-to-the-Tune-of-the-BeeGees last week. Better than Paula and Simon wearing the white of last week. Kudos for KiKi. My opinion of her time: It worked, but it's not you.

Jordin. She's singing Nina again. God love her. My opinion of her time: It worked, and it IS you.

Hi King123 :animated_wave:

Good to see you here.

SECOND ROUND

Now the game is to be better, so let's see how they do.

Melinda. So much better than the first song.

Blake. The beat box didn't do it for me this time.

Lakisha. Beautiful, back in that box. (Great dress)

Jordin. I can understand what the judges said, but I would stand under that woman's umbrella any day. That must count for something.

p.s. Where's Cajun tonight?

Good evening, the pressure is on, America. Get ready to get on the phones and vote for your favorite. This is American Idol!

The Idols are each singing twice tonight, courtesy of legendary icon Barry Gibb. We get a video chronicling the career of the Bee Gees, and then transition to the four remaining Idols working with Barry Gibb. Three women and Blake. He loves varied harmony and expects we will hear distinct songs from the Idols.

Melinda starts off, choosing Loving You Inside And Out, a falsetto about which Barry was not sure. In a slimming black jean and blouse, the performance was a little laid back, but the vocals had plenty of 80's groove. Then she let loose toward the end of the song. Randy said it was solid but he wasn't jumping up and down. Paula said her vocals are always spot on, but they are looking for the extra something that blows them away. Simon says with four people left, he expected incredible and instead got a backing vocalist performance; she is better than that and he wants to see it in the second song.

Blake is next, choosing You Should Be Dancing, the dance anthem of the 80's and Barry Gibb likes his beat boxing with this song. With a highlight comb over and singing in falsetto, he has the dance moves and the vocals to give this disco standard a new millennium twist. Another unique and stand out performance. Randy said it is really interesting when you do the beat box and it works, but not tonight. Paula said it started a little shaky and off pitch, but the beat boxing showed why he was unique and on the stage. Simon acknowledged he was unique but thought the performance was terrible before he was cut off.

LaKisha chooses Staying Alive, another girl singing a song sung by a guy in falsetto. She walked on stage like she owned it, but the vocals seemed a little hesitant around the chorus. A little too much theatrics in the performance, and the off-beat chorus did not work for me, nor did the abrupt ending. Randy said it is good she has two songs; she did not change the melody, she tried to do too much. Paula said she took the tempo down when the audience wanted to dance. Simon said no kiss tonight, she was shouting again and was scary at parts.

Jordin answers a viewer question, realizing she can handle a lot more than she thought she could and is still making A's and B's. She is singing To Love Somebody, a song written for a man to sing to a woman and Barry Gibb loved it. Standing simply center stage back lit in red, her vocals are emotional but a bit reserved. She turns it up for the finish but it never reaches an energy level that would make you turn your head and pay attention. Randy said that was probably the best vocal so far, kind of a Mariah, Arethra throwback vibe. Paula said it definitely was the best vocal so far. Simon said it was the best song choice, best vocal, the competition is back on.

Melinda Doolittle takes the stage for the second time, telling us the first tape she ever bought was Michael Jackson (Bad). Singing How Can You Mend A Broken Heart, she has been careful to not sing about being a loser on American Idol. Wearing a black dress and high heels, the performance starts slow and cool, with more than a few theatrics built in, and her standard hand motions leading into a blowout finish. Randy said it was much better, great song, great vocal, beautiful ending. Paula said no doubt a beautiful vocal, but she would love for her to throw all her technique away and surprise them. Simon said he thinks the second half of the song put her into the semi-finals.

Blake chooses a more obscure song, This Is Where I Came In, which will give him a chance to use his gifts to make a hit (finally) out of the song. Back in his sweater vest, he weaves a techno beat, his dance moves and a strong vocal with a modern reggae flavor. What he does that the others do not is provide a complete performance show. Randy says he is still not jumping up and down but it was better; he doesn't have to beat box every time. Paula said if he can, he can; he is the contemporary rebel of the competition. Simon said he thought the song was completely tuneless and it was a really weird, bizar choice of song.

LaKisha gets her second chance, singing the ballad, Run To Me, which changes key twice in the song which presents a challenge. In a pretty green and black dress, it is a simple performance with a soft vocal that builds up to the finale when she takes her lungs out for some exercise without letting the vocals get away from her until the last frame. Randy said she got a little hoarse but she did very well. Paula said she is still a champ. Simon said it was better but not great and she and Blake may be in trouble tonight.

Jordin shuts it down, singing Woman In Love, the first song of the night actually written and performed by a woman, Barbara Streisand. Barry says Jordin will be one of our greatest female recording artists one day In a silky blue dress, The hair has been redone and the vocals are polished and emotionally pitchy, aided by eye makeup that gives the feeling of tears. Randy said it was pitchy, not her best, but a really hard song to sing. Paula said it was not, you know, I love you anyway. Simon loved the song but thought it was old fashioned and very pageanty, not what a 17 year old should be singing.

Fuskie

Who picks his top two as Melinda and Blake, because Melinda is so solid a performer and Blake is so refreshing a performer...

Fuskie

Who picks his top two as Melinda and Blake, because Melinda is so solid a performer and Blake is so refreshing a performer...

I'll give ya Blake and the refreshing concept, but I'll call your Melinda and raise ya Jordin. IMHO :animated_scratchchin:

by far this is the worst idol season ever.

1st song:

Melinda

Blake

Jordin

Lakisha

2nd song:

Blake

Melinda

Jordin

Lakisha

1st song

1-Jordin

2-Blake

3-Melinda

4-Lakisha

2nd song

1-Blake

2-Melinda

3-Jordin

4-Lakisha

Blake didnt have a good night tonight and he need to hold off on the beatboxing sometimes....it worked for him last week but not this week.. I am still going with vocals-not song choice-for my list. I think Blake had the best vocals on the 2nd song but Jordin had the best vocals on the 1st song.

Why would they pick the BEE GEE's and Barry Gibb * who i have to say looked terrible..there was something with his teeth....i remember how good looking he was back in the day! Almost all his songs are sung falsetto and that is hard to do ...plus the songs are so identified by his voice it was a tough night for all.

i think KIKI will be the one to go home.

#1......why do they make them sing these types of songs? they force them to sing those songs and then they rip them apart for not being able to sing it good. just frustrates me.

anywho........mankisha was aweful last nite. blake wasn't much better, but at least he was entertaining. jordin's first song was awesome, but her second....not so much. melinda was good, but i agree with the judges that she really needs to spice it up more.

as for my predictions as to who's going home.....blake and mankisha in the bottom two, and in a perfect world, mankisha going bye bye!

I watched yahoo buzz session this morning and every magazine/newspaper that they use said that they predict Lakisha is going home. Constantine predicted Lakisha, but Sarah thinks Blake is going home. I still think Blake is going home... anything can happen. This was the point last year where Chris Daughtry was voted out. Who knows, Melinda could leave tonight.

Wednesday night has rolled around once again and that means bad news for one of our Idols. This is American Idol!

The judges have swapped seats with Simon in the middle and Paula on the end. Jessica Alba is in the audience and the Idols are on the stage. This week has usually been a shocker and Randy thinks people may be a little confused. Paula thinks for some, two songs helped them. Simon said it was a team judge effort. Barry Gibb delivered but did the finalists? A video recap of last night's performances, with never before seen footage of some of the Idols between performances.

Mixed reviews from the judges, so Ryan went to the Farmers Market for the fans' take. Jordin has a lot of support, Melinda was described as a pro, Blake brought out mixed feelings, Paula and Barry Gibb got some votes, and LaKisha was awarded the complete package. But the real winner was Ryan Seacrest. Just over 45 million voted last night and the results are coming up. But first, Pink after this break.

Singing Who Knew, Pink returns to the American Idol stage. And then it is time for results. After the break.

But first, it is the Final Fab Four Ford commercial. And then Melinda, Blake, Jordin and LaKisha with a tribute to Barry Gibb in a group song. LaKisha seemed to me to be phoning it in, possibly signaling her low expectations for tonight's results. Overall, the tribute was a bit lackluster, stiffly executed, and frankly boring. But Bill Maher was in the audience, lip syncing Islands In The Stream.

Coming up next, the bottom three results.

Jordin had to pick her songs fast because they had so little time. Blake just nodded and smiled when Simon ragged on his song. LaKisha had some things that bothered her and was distracted before the show. Melinda said being told to stand out was a wake up call because her goal to this point was to be consistent.

The top four got a sneak peak of the upcoming movie The Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer, introduced by the director Tim Story. Naturally, they loved it. And the stars of the Fantastic Four were in the audience, including Ryan's fantasy Jessica Alba who implored us to all go see it twice.

Back to our own Fantastic Four, this stage is not the only thing the finalists share. We get a video showing their geographic diversity and baby pictures (they are all only children, except for Jordin). Melinda had afro ears, Blake smiled a lot, LaKisha ran her mouth, and Jordin did not pay attention in class. Blake was kicked out of choir class, Melinda didn't ruffle features, LaKisha's grandmother pushed her for singing, and Blake's parents support his singing. Jordin's talent is a gift. LaKisha's journey has been hard but worth it. Melinda dreams big. Blake never thought he would be on American Idol.

And now finally, it is time for results. The Idols are on the stage, but the network is making Ryan take a break.

The Final Four are in a huddle, refusing to line up for the results. Ryan dims the lights anyway.

LaKisha, you sang Staying Alive and Run To Me.

Melinda, you opened with Love You Inside Out and How Can You Mend A Broken Heart.

Blake, you opened with You Should Be Dancing and This Is Where I Came In.

Jordin, you opened with To Love Somebody and Woman In Love.

Jordin, after the nationwide vote, you are safe. have a seat.

That leaves LaKisha, Blake and Melinda. And the results coming up.

But first, songwriter, producer, performer and legend, Barry Gibb, singing To Love Somebody.

Jordin Sparks is in the final three. Either Melinda, Blake or LaKisha is going home.

It won't be Melinda Doolittle, who joins Jordin in the final three.

LaKisha and Blake. Randy says it was a tough note for both. Simon guessed LaKisha will go home. Paula (who has returned to her center seat) told both they are tremendous talents and she enjoyed all of their performances. They both deserve a big career ahead of them.

Dim the lights, here we go.

After the vote, over 45 million votes, Blake, you are safe. LaKisha Jones is going home

She tells Blake it's all good and thanks the audience as we take a look at her journey on American Idol before she reprises her final American Idol performance, singing Staying Alive.

Fuskie

Who has no problem with this week's results and is glad for one more week to not be proven wrong...

Archived