Lost End Date Is Set

kayo

IT'S OFFICIAL! A series ending date has been set for LOST.

Courtesy of EOnline:

May 7, 2007

Forty-eight more episodes.

That's exactly how much more time we will be able to spend with our good friends Kate, Jack and Sawyer after this month's season finale, according to an official release from ABC this morning.

Lost will continue for three more seasons of 16 episodes each.

I'm told by multiple sources inside ABC that the initial plan was to do two more seasons of Lost, with 24 episodes each; however, because of international deals already in place, Lost's producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse agreed to divvy up those remaining 48 episodes over three seasons. (A TV season must be a minimum of 16 episodes.)

So, essentially, we are getting two more seasons' worth of episodes strewn out over three seasons. The remaining seasons will be just like this year

Interview with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse regarding the ending of LOST

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

Why is ending the show a good thing for Lost fans?

CUSE: I think it

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, blackcat! For future reference, you might want to move your last two posts over to either "LOST general spoilers" or "Through the Looking Glass-season finale spoilers". This thread is for information on the LOST series end date.

I know I didn't help matters by my including a spoiler box in the topic starter message...so sorry about that! I had decided to leave it in because it was a part of the same media post, but in hind sight, I probably should have left it out...in fact, I think I'll go ahead and take it out now...

by the way, what do you think of the LOST series ending scenario of 2010, with three more seasons of 16 episodes each?

Sorry Kayo, I knew it was in the wrong spot, and it ws my fault, wehen I looked in the Lost Threads, I didnt look right at the top where the spoiler one is pinned. Sorry to all if it bothered you, Im not sure how to move it though.

As for the three seasons, I think it is stupid, they should play two full seasons, since that is all they have, I hate this dragging out thing, and the fact that we have to wait about 8 months for the new season is very frusterating!!

Yes those damn numbers!!! lol

Don't worry about the posts- I've done it before too...and probably will in the future. It looks like maybe our trusty Jem took care of them? Anyway, no sweat. B)

As for the three seasons, I think it is stupid, they should play two full seasons, since that is all they have, I hate this dragging out thing, and the fact that we have to wait about 8 months for the new season is very frusterating!!

I totally agree. I think it was a compromise on Damon and Carlton's part. I read somewhere that they wanted two years but the network wanted much more (so they could get their precious advertising dollars), so they settled on three shorter seasons. bleh.

Ha, good catch on those blasted numbers!

(so they could get their precious advertising dollars),

Yeah, But I am showing them.... I always dvr Lost and then skip every commercial....

I hereby deree that I will not watch one commercial during Lost for the remailnder of the series.... You all should do it too... LETS STICK IT TO THE MAN!!!! HA!!

(Let's) ... not watch one commercial during Lost for the remainder of the series

I wish I could. But I stay so far away from any spoiler thread that I hunger for every tidbit once the show starts.

However, I do jump the commercials with my remote. Hate commercials.

I just can't promise that HGTV isn't on the same break-for-commercial schedule.

<sigh>

I agree dvr is the best! I don't understand why only 16 episodes that means there will be alot of repeats or a long break in between season beginning and ending.

Check out the article on LOST from ABC News. Carlton and Damon address their plans to finish out the show in 48 more episodes (16 each season). Pretty interesting!

Thanks for the links you guys -- they were all a good read.

My favorite part (from the MSNBC one):

"When it was time to branch out, in came the newbies, Nikki and Paulo. Lindelof has repeatedly owned up to the fact that this wasn

Archived