Next

kayo

We went to the theater to see Spiderman 3 but it was sold out (geez, what were we thinking on opening night?) so we ended up seeing the movie "Next". HUGE mistake of monumental proportions, to say the least. Mark my words- this movie will be listed in the top ten worst movies of 2007 at the end of the year and rivals Nicolas Cage's other stink bomb "Wicker Man" for his worst acting job EVER.

...And what was Julianne Moore thinking? She must have been paid a boatload of money to be in this, because the lines written for her made us laugh hysterically...and it wasn't even supposed to be funny. In fact, we pretty much laughed throughout the whole movie- from Nicolas Cage's hysterically bad dye job, to the embarassingly pathetic lines, to the Russian bad guy caricatures; this movie reeked to high heaven. It really is too bad too, because the storyline was quite interesting and could have been SO much better in the hands of a different writing/producing/directing team...oh, and a different leading man could have helped too.

As someone from Arizona I also found it unforgivable the way they shot the scenes at the Grand Canyon. Havasupi Falls is one of the most beautiful places to visit, but it is pretty much a day-long hike down into the Canyon to get to it and a strenuous hike back out (especially if its 100+ degrees out!). Yet they show Nicolas and Jessica park their suv and just walk down a very short path and voila!

Take my word for it there are only three reasons to see this movie:

1. You love to laugh at really bad movies.

2. You're male and can't resist seeing the gorgeous Jessica Biel in a strategically placed bedsheet and bath towel.

3. Spiderman 3 is still sold out, someone pays for your ticket, and you have nothing better to do.

haha I like your 3rd reason.. I was able to see SM3 and I liked it .. and i have to agree with the acting part on the Wicher Man movie it really did suck!!!

I will get Next soon but im in no rush to see it. I got the same reviews from others that were the same as yours ... a non comedy that was a comedy lol.

Archived