Big Brother Us Torrents

DreamAngel

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Azureus is the best one to me. Plus they have tons of stuff listed that you can also download from that site!

Seems like they have more people there that seed and makes downloads and uploads go faster!

Dreamangel has a link to Azureus on here somewhere theeKenny. Check it out! :D

~~**WAVES**~~ @ Elizabeth

Just for my personal info could someone define seeding vs leeching for me :huh:

I am downloading (BB2) a torrent for the first time & would like to know a bit more about the whole process.

I assume seeders have the file & leechers are trying to get the file from the seeders. I assume fewer seeders & more leechers means slower downloads? But then I have also heard too many seeders is bad & slows things down too which make absoultely no sense to me.

Also once I finish my download do I become a seeder or do I have to do something special to let others download the file from me?

Ok. I'm going to answer all your questions. You are correct in the definition of seeder and leecher. You are also correct in the few seeders vs more leechers = slower download however the more seeders = slower download is incorrect. You are only able to connect to so many at a time anyway. The tracker regulates how many connections are available.

As for becoming a seeder if you are using Azereus like recommended earlier in this thread it will become a seed as soon as it's done. The download will move to the lower section of the screen. You are then seeding and people may download from you.

I hope this helps.

If anyone wants to download part one and two of BB season 1, I'm seeding them right now and will leave it on overnight tonight. They are the only two torrents Im seeding so you should get decent band width. Download the torrent at isohunt.com Just search for "big brother usa" and I think its on the second page of torrents.

Hey guys. I wanted to watch big brother 2 on dvd but I cant find it anywhere. If anyone has the time and software to make a big brother 2 dvd for me, I could pay you. So if anyone is willingly to help me, shoot me a PM.

Thanks.

I have downloaded the 2/3 of the torrents for BB2. Unfortunately the last 1/3 of the shows were some how corrupted. I dunno if anyone else will run into this problem or not but they would not play due to codec errors &/or corruption :( (I ran codec check to no avail so I deleted the files & attempted a downloading them again)

Here comes a warning. I am sure noone else is this stupid but I was :rolleyes: . My re-download for the last 1/3 of BB2 was going slow & wouldn't connect because of my firewall. I shut down my firewall & WOW the download speed up by 3 fold. I went to bed & when I awoke my laptop was turned off. Now it will no longer let me sign in to Windows XP so either I was virus attacked or hacked during the night with my firewall down. Please don't be an idiot like me & turn your firewall or virus protection off when downloading torrents :P

Its called port forwarding. Bit Torrent requires a listening port (default is 6881) and your firewall needs to let that port through to your computer. It is also recommended to change your listening port to something in the 50000-60000 range as many ISP's block 6881. If your are using azureus, check the little status bar at the bottom of the window for the section called NAT. If it's a color other than green you have a problem

Thanks. I do know about the green bar(s). The torrent program I was using had them too. The port stuff gets a bit beyond me. Unfortunately it is all a mute point now as I can no longer access Windows sad0139.gif due to my stupidity. Ahhh well it's off to the puter store for a fix tomorrow.

I'll seed it over night for you :)

Well I started to seed BB2 when problems occured with my computer. I couldn't access my antivirus software or the internet. Unfortunately I don't feel comfortable anymore with an open port considering what happened to dumblonde. I had to use the system restore and will no longer use bit torrents as a percaution. Sorry about that

i think on line. I bought season 3 at Best Buy. But I don't see them there anymore

No I compared the size of the boxes. season 3 was like 10 discs and Season 4 was one or two discs. I did see some reviews on line and people were very displeased when the got it home to watch :o:unsure:

Well .. one could hope that the production company who produces the BB series, would take the hint that since this is ALL STARS that they should release the previous season's disks so thta people can buy the old seasons, while they're watching the current season, and seeing their old familiar houseguests from the past that they love or hate.

Archived