Pairs Speculations

Guest crazyksgd

They are both 25, waitresses, and living (from) Miami Beach, FL.

Julie Chen did mention the word "co-workers" on the Today Show segment.

What do you think?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think y'all are making some assumptions and need to take a step back. We do not know if the HG are told before they meet up in front of the house that there is someone they know. Nor do we know if they are told the prize could double if they make it to the end. Until we know what the HG know, it is hard to speculate (well, not really) on how this might play out.

Certainly everyone was screaming when CB last season spilled the beans about JK to the apocolypse guys before talking to her. How much these people know about the game may alter their reactions. I am making the assumption that BB will not tell the HG of their aquaintences since that has been the pattern in the past. Those who know about the twin twist may have the wisdom to create a secret alliance instead of giving away the recognition.

Fuskie

Who reserves the right to be completely wrong...

And is. I just watched the preview video and Julie clearly said that each HG knows there is someone they know and thinks they are the only one and that they can win $1m.

Fuskie

Who is not as sure whether the HG know WHO the other person is...

Guest checkplease
she also mentioned partners. Maybe they are more than just friends. 8)

That'd be great!

Also, Arnold said that they can make up anything they want to about themselves. Such as who they are, where they are from, how old they are, what they do for a living..I'm just giving some examples here. So, who knows, maybe even we will be scammed this year. We may not know the truth about them until the show is over.

from what I've read/heard in promos/dreamed up in my own head:

-each pair already knows about the other person going in

-each pair has been told they are the only pair

-each pair must not be thinking if the idea of other pairs hasn't crossed their mind

-each pair knows about the $1 million payoff if they both make it to the end

-the $1 million goes away if they are 'discovered', which seems like a given once the other pairs start getting elliminated/spilling about being the 'only pair' in the house

-each pair has to dress alike

-each pair has to eat the same food each day

-each pair will dress up like pears for the first food challenge

-each pair will be assigned two fish to take care of during their time in the house

Also, Arnold said that they can make up anything they want to about themselves.  Such as who they are, where they are from, how old they are, what they do for a living..I'm just giving some examples here.  So, who knows, maybe even we will be scammed this year.  We may not know the truth about them until the show is over.

Lol--Scott & Jase did this last year anyways, i.e. Jase wasn't really a firefighter & Scott got the houseguests to believe it was his birthday.

Guest elliott
Lol--Scott & Jase did this last year anyways, i.e. Jase wasn't really a firefighter & Scott got the houseguests to believe it was his birthday.

jase wasnt really a firefighter?!

Guest crazyksgd

Maybe they did make up some things, but it still seems a little fishy to me that everything is the same.

Guest jwells131313

I don't get the incentive. Unless you are an actually married team and will be pooling the $$$ afterwards, it seems like you will make as much money in the team or outside of the team.

If I have this right, if the team makes the final two, the reward is increased to $1,000,000 and it is given to the finalists. This hardly seems worth it, since it is *much* harder to have a "team" win, and yet the reward for the individual team members is the same ($500,000). So again, unless the teammates are married (gay or strait) I don't see any great inducement to keep to your team at all.

However, I do think the team concept will be fun for us to watch, especially in the beginning. The first evictions will be rough on the team-mate who stays, and we will all be there to see their "survivors' guilt." Should be fun!!!

Guest Connect4

Consider this: if you and your teammate makes the finals, you're guaranteed $500,000, no matter what. You could be the most hated person in BB history; you could make Josh in season three look like a saint by comparison, but you'd know that $500K would be yours regardless, with a legit chance at a million. Without your partner, you'd have to win just to get the $500K, and you'd have no chance to win the $1 million.

The puzzle pieces on the wall make me think that the producers expect this to play out like a puzzle, as housemates try to put together who is linked with who. The concerns brought up on here about the hometowns I think will be alleviated, as houseguests I anticipate were instructed to say whatever they thought would be in their best interest to keep their links a secret. If the Kaysar/Michael link is real (and it looks to be), Michael would want to keep his knowledge of Arabic under wraps. The first time they start talking to each other in Arabic, and someone overhears that... well the giveaway will be obvious.

I still wonder how CBS/Endemol came up with the teams. This did NOT come up in the semi-final interviews. Or at least not the one that I heard about. But if the rumors about them using MySpace/Friendster to find people is true, perhaps the producers picked their finalists and then sought out corresponding "friends" on their own to participate with those finalists. I hope more info on that comes out sooner or later...

Guest Lisa

Hi, I've been a bb addict and on the feeds for the last two seasons, but i'm new to Mortys forum.

The final hg gets the million, the partner gets $250,000. So it is a bigger payoff. :D

Guest jwells131313

OK, I didn't understand that only one person of the two got the $1,000,000. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Imagine the feelings of the teammate of the first person evicted. Talk about a major bummer...

Guest Lisa

Major bummer is right! Then the prize is back down to $500,000 for the final hg and $50,000 for 2nd place.

Major bummer is right! Then the prize is back down to $500,000 for the final hg and $50,000 for 2nd place.

From what I understand, it's a major bummer, but just for that pair... all the other pairs would still be shooting for the $1million.

So, after your partner leaves, the game becomes to seek/destroy all remaining couples :twisted:

(which makes me think 2 pairs of teams should allign in order to survive?)

Guest jwells131313

I'm assuming that at the beginning most of the hamsters will not have figured out that other teams exist. So the partners of the first couple of people evicted will feel the pain, and won't even know that they should try to kill all the other pairs!!! After all, if your teamate left, and the others found out, they would be likely to go after you for eviction next - you have less to lose!

And then perhaps for a while people will have figured out that everyone is in a "team," but will know know who is teamed up with whom. It'll become like a job to figure out who is with who. This has already happened on the message board.

Eventually, I'm assuming the teams will become "public" knowledge, and then the games can begin about how to break them up, or keep them around, or what. Obviously, a known team is an obvious set of candidates for the HoH to nominate.

Guest Lisa

I read somewhere that the teams would be revealed by the third show. I dont know if that means the hgs will know the teams or that we will find out and not them? I cant wait for tonight!!!!!

Guest ranster627

I have read two versions of that ... some say third show and some say third week, but all say "revealed to the viewers" ... hope that helps :wink:

Guest Lisa

I have a poster board ready with all the hgs pics grouped by my predictions, talk about obsessed! I also have my hurricane tracking map right next to it! Last year I kept up to date on bb even though we got hit by 3 hurricanes! Hoping this year isnt as bad, although they are already brewing up a couple storms now! Please dont lose power! This year we have a generator, yeah.

I think I know who is in the alliances!!!!!! yaaaa i think this is who is going to be in on alliances...take a look

Howie and Rachel.....

Ivette and Beau....

Eric and Maggiee....

Micheal and Kaysar...

April and Jennifer....

Ashlea and Janell....

James and Sarah....

I might be wrong but thats what i herd...lets watch and see if im correct!

tell me if you think my predictions are wrong! and please post your oppion

Most of your predicitions look good but I think pairing the gay people together just cause they are is to easy. I think is Ashlea and Ivette , and Beau and Janell . but that is just my feelings , the rest looks pretty good but I also doubt slightly the Eric and Maggie pair . Every one enjoy tonight