Work Out - On Bravo

Califcyclone

I did not see another thread for this. But the next couple of weeks should be filled with drama - As one of the trainers passing should be captured over the next few epidsodes. Combine that with increasing intense girl on girl kisses and a gym full of characters and this is a fun series to watch. Jump in with your thoughts and comments.

Cali?... is Doug going to die? I didn't know that... gosh, that makes me sad, I really liked him.

io heard from a friend that Doug does indeed pass away.

He started to rebound but then he took a turn for the worse.

Its a shame as he is such a likeable guy.

i really like this show it shows that gay people are just that people....they are as diverse as anyone else.

Current episodes were tapped months ago (December/January) - Some events that are yet to air will contain details that were covered in the press. This series tends to treat the trainers as family so I hope/suspect that the next few episodes will deal with with the subject matter appropriately.

If you want to know more you can google or look on wikopedia for info on: Doug Blasdell Work Out

• 3 weeks later...

Once again I really enjoy this show. I am going to be so upset with Doug's passing, what a wonderful person he is. I am sure I am going to be shedding tears right along with his other fans, what a waste.

Does anyone know what exactly happened to him other then the infection?

:cry::cry::cry::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Courtesy of: REALTIYBLURRED

Work Out trainer Doug Blasdell dies, was undergoing chemo for a brain tumor

(originally posted Jan. 24, 2007 at 1:23 PM)

Doug Blasdell, one of the trainers on Bravo

Thanks Dade for sharing the details on last nights episode.

It was sad but I was slightly disappointed that it seemed like Doug's passing was almost an afterthought that was tagged on at the end of the episode. I hope they are able to spend a little more time on the impact of the loss of Doug in future episodes. While Jackie is the key focus of the series, Doug was a intergral member of the Gym family.

I was trying to think of other reality shows that documented the loss of a member and was only able to remember Pedro Zamora from the Real World San Francisco. Pedro's death while tragic made many feel like they lost a friend, put a familiar face on AIDs and showed some of the positive impacts of Reality TV. I think that Doug's passing could also send a few positive messages and hope they are able to send a few good messages around this loss.

On another note: While I do think that Jackie's message to kids at her former high school was positive/good, I do hope that Slackers everywhere do not think that it can come to you without hard work. Jackie is a driven individual and was able to "make it" in spite of doing poorly in high school...most are not that lucky.

• 1 year later...

Okay i really like this show.

Last season was very emotional and this season is as well.

I like Jackie up till last weeks show.

I was really surprised to see her and her manager making fun of one of her employees clients.

they were making comments about the womans breasts. The woman had implants as she was a breast cancer survivor and had reconstructive surgery. The young womans boyfriend overheard the convo and called Jackie and Her assistant out.

the boyfriend then let peeler know what had occured and he then confronted Jackie the next day. Jackie instead of letting peeler speak tried to shut him down and totally dismissed him. She said she was not going to discuss the matter as it had been taken care of and she would fire him if he spoke again. He blew up on her and i believe rightfully so. THIS WAS HIS CLIENT and Jackie should have listened to him. I think she didnt want to discuss it because what a terrible person she would come out looking like. She said she didnt appreciate him accusing her of something she didnt do...well the guy didnt have a chance to say anything so he was not accusing her. I cant believe she got all pissed at him when the one who she should be upset with was her assistant who was so heartless. if it was me the assistant would have been fired on the spot but i guess that would have been hard because Jackie was also laughing at the comments. She kept saying that peeler was the one who was unprofessional...in fact Jackie it was you and your assistant who were unprofessional.

i would be surprised if you had any clients left after that display. I wonder what is said about your other clients who are not as perfect as you are.

she officially sucks.

I couldn't agree more with you!!! However, I've been having doubts for a while now about her... last weeks eppy sealed the deal... I won't be watching anymore.

I agree as well. I never really liked her much from the start though. I know they want drama on the show, but last season I got so sick of Jackie and her relationships.

I haven't seen the 'cruise' episode yet, but it sounds like maybe Jackie was not completely true to her new love?

And I thought she was a stone cold bitch to Brian, and his client. Maybe she did not make the rude comments, but she listened and didn't reprimand her manager for making them. Well, maybe she did, but after they got caught. She and her manager owed Brian and his client an apology. They were completely unprofessional, as was Jackie when she fired Brian. Man, she needs to get over herself!

Watching the next ep after Jackie fired Brian.

I like this woman even less. I guess so do a lot of other people as well as one of the shows

sponsors who pulled their ads.

As most people felt all Brian wanted was an appology from Jackie. I dont care if the actual

words came out of her mouth she was sitting there when it happened and did not reprimand the

manager..who i feel is a trouble maker.

In one episode she ran and told on a conversation Brian had with some of the other trainers

about How Jackie would not allow him in on a meeting for an event in Doug (the trainer who

passed away last year and Brians closest friend).

Jackie in my opinion would not let him partake in the meeting because she knew how much it

meant to Brian to be involved in the event itself

I also like Greg the new hot trainer who said -- well i am not picking sides but their was some

definite unprofessionalism going on-- he i believe was directing it at Jackies bitch of an assistant.

He said she should just woman it up and appologize. I also though it interesting that while the cameras were there they did not show the actual incident. I would love to have seen the boyfriend of the girl they were making fun of blast them both.

I found it interesting that Jackie also said - take your client somewhere else- when Brian said it does involve me its my client. Seems the only thing Jackie is interested in is her image (i think she was embarassed at being caught being a beeeeoootch) and as many of them say they are sick of the Jackie Warner --clothes--workout dvd - blah blah blah

I haven't caught an episode since that incident. It sounds like this week she and Brian get into it again. We'll see how that goes. I would also like to add, even though I think most breast implants are unnecessary and kind of gross, even if this woman hadn't had cancer, it was extremely unprofessional of them to comment on her in any way. It makes me wonder what they say behind the backs ( and cameras) about the extremely overweight people they deal with. People don't go there to be judged and made fun of. They go there for help, and catty comments about breast implants, for whatever reason they are there, don't belong in a place where all of the staff needs to be professional and trustworthy.

So much of Jackie's behavior is neither.

so the drama continues

Bryan finally confronted Jacke but unfortunatly he was drunk. I knew it would not go well as i have had a few scrapes with drunk lesbians myself and it never works out well.

My heart went out to Bryan as he has had a rough year and I felt that Jackie was just putting on a show for the cameras. She stated -- oooh i wanted to reach out to Bryan --

but once again when he tried to talk to her about the situation she shut him down .

moving on

Greg Plick ....OMG did you see that guys package? WHOOOOAAAA reign that monster in!

he is YUMMY!

The last episode was really good, I thought, except for the bits with Jackie's mom and also when Jackie was with her therapist.

I think Jackie expects a lot of her mom. I know the mom has a hard time accepting her daughter's lifestyle, but to spring some big family reunion type thing on her, when she's just expecting some mother/daughter time is quite inconsiderate, even though it wasn't planned. Some people just are not as social as others, and it seems to me like she's picking on her mom for being a more introverted person. And I always hate therapy sessions. Sheesh -- how serious can it be if you let the cameras in?

But I did like some of the training sessions, and also seeing that one guys band play. I really wish they would show more of the sky-lab clients, their workouts, struggles and progress, and less of Jackie-drama.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad they showed all the results from the Sky-labbers. It was great to see that they ALL had some level of success. Some was quite dramatic, and it looks like they are all well on their way to being in the kind of shape they want to be in, if they aren't there already.

I felt bad for Greg P. and his attempt at cooking. It seemed so obvious the girls could barely choke it down. It was probably not at all what they were used to eating, but it wouldn't have killed them to make more of an effort. I guess Ranessa ( sp?) did, but not very convincingly. Awkward date!

Jackie and Brianna drama was so boring. I was glad at the end when Brianna said she didn't want to be the only one working and trying to change things. Because that was surely the way it looked to me! I'm sure Jackie was thinking 'What do I need to change-- I'm perfect!".

But whatever.... more drama next season???

Oh man when he was adding the salt to the bowl of mayo I thought "UH OH!" This is gonna be nasty stuff.

I agree on the Jackie/Briana stuff. I am really sick of Jackie thinking she is so wonderful and no one does enough to make her feel special! What an ego