3.blake

4.sanjaya

5.hailey

6.melinda

7.kiki

8.phil

worst

predictions to go: hailey & phil

i agree with him both were very very average. you need to let go your biais and be objective conjun :lol:

We are backstage right now live on Latin Night. Are you ready to make the call? This is American Idol!

Two words for ya: Jennifer Lopez. We get a quick video recapping J-Lo's music and movie portfolio before heading into the Idol meeting her for some tips and advice. She is both a fan and a mentor.

First up is Melinda Doolittle, singing Sway. She says she isn't sexy but dressed in a form fitting black evening dress, she has sultry nailed. Another terrific vocal and terrific performance with a killer finale. Randy said it was another solid performance, although maybe not her best. Paula said very sultry and smooth, subtle, sexy, beautiful. Simon didn't like it because that song is all about personality and she came across too old; it was missing her trademark wow factor performance, lazy and wooden.

Number two on our hit parade is LaKisha, singing Conga. Taking the Latin beat to heart, she shook her body to the rhythm, from her fingers to her toes. It was not the best vocal during the verses, but she did herself proud. Randy said she was having a good time, but the runs in like Gloria, it was hot. Paula did not feel it as much as Randy, thinking it was too safe. Simon agreed, saying it was not a singer's song but a performer's song and he is not sure how much fun those at home had, and the dancing wasn't very good.

Next up is Chris Richardson, singing Smooth. Accompanied by an electric guitar and tom toms, the key to his performance was to step it up a notch. It was not a great vocal, seeming a little disconnected from the music. Randy said he did a really good job, did some runs at the end, very cool. Paul said it was a hot performance, very sexy. Simon said it wasn't the best vocal tonight, but it was more contemporary and he preferred it to the first two performances.

Haley Scarnato tackles Turn The Beat Around, using Blake to provide some percussion background in rehearsal. Showing more leg than hair, it looked kind of like a beach performance. The vocals were all right, but her makeup and outfit were out of sync with the Latin flavor of the music. Randy said keeping it honest, it was really karaoke, any bar anywhere. Paula said it was also not a singers song but a fun song. Simon said she has a good tactic - wear as least an amount of clothes; there are better singers so all she can do is have fun; the vocals were so rushed he could not understand what she was singing.

Phil looks to deliver goose pimples next, singing Maria, Maria. Bathed in a red light, he delivers an affected performance, but came off a little pitchy. By the end of the song, he had lost me. Randy said it wasn't his best performance and he did not connect. Paula said with the exception of the crack at the end, it was a really good vocal. Simon said he is a nice guy and chose a good song, but there was no originality, a bit lifeless, nothing to get excited about.

Next up is Jordin Sparks singing The Rhythm Is Going To Get You. The vocals were on target but the performance was lacking any spice. Then she got pitchy toward the middle. It was just too laid back and not upbeat enough. Randy said what was absolutely wonderful is that she has the Oh! factor at 17. Paula says it is so great she is out there having a great time. Simon said it was an OK performance, but nothing stunning and she has not shown any progression.

Blake Lewis steps up with Need To Know. He has the ability to fit into whatever genre of music he is performing, performing the role as well as singing the song. With that combination, he does not have to be the best to be entertaining. That he can also sing and is comfortable on stage rounds out the package. Randy called it best song choice of the night, a hot song and a hot performance. Paula called it a smart performance, capturing the essence of who he is. Simon said it was the best choice of song and performance of the night.

Finally, it is the embodiment of Latin passion: Sanjaya singing Besame Mucho. The first Idol song ever performed in another language, he took his time, kept it simple and song a love song to all his fans looking every bit the Latin teen pop star. He is not even trying to compete with the rest of the group - he is just doing his own thing and doing it like no one else can. Randy said he was one of the smartest contestants; it was really good. Paula said it had a good pitch, smooth, very nice. Simon did not understand a word of it, he sang like a 14 year old, and he is going to hate himself, but it wasn't horrible.

Fuskie

Whose top performances were Blake, followed by Melinda, LaKisha and (gulp) Sanjaya...

i see we agree phil and kiki were the worst

My choices for best to worst:

1. Jordin

2. Blake

3. Chris

4. Melinda

5. Lakisha

6. Sanjaya

7. Phil

8. Hailey

Who I think will be in the bottom two:

Phil & Hailey

Who I think will be sent home:

Haley

Who would I like to see sent home: Sanjaya, Phil or Haley

Tonight was a total shocker for me! One of my two favorites, Melinda, was just ok, and one of my least favorites, Chris R., was great! Who knew? That, and the fact that I didn't put Sanjaya at the bottom...wow.

There's 3 people I wouldn't mind seeing sent home: Phil, Chris and Sanjaya. I want Haley to stick around one more week just to see how well she sings country. I hope she survives again this week. (I forgot to vote). However, it seems like almost anyone can be sent home tomorrow, even Lakisha.

I thought everyone sucked tonight. I was very disappointed in the show, felt it was a total waste of time.

Not one performer really wowwed me for the entire song. Maybe it was the theme, maybe it was the coach. Whatever the problem I hope they never do a Latin night again. :mad1:

i thought jordin was good, but i thought blake was the best. i find myself concentrating on his mouth when he sings though.......

i think haley and phil will be in the bottom two, but not sure who will go. would LOVE to see phil go, but with this season of AI, one never knows. i mean, after a halfway decent performance from moglie, they might finally get rid of him!!!

Blake

Jordin

Lakisha

Chris

Haley

Melinda

Phil

Sanjaya

I thought there were "good" parts of everyone's performance last night but, nothing was REALLY good except Blake and Jordin.

Blake

Chris

Jordin

Melinda

Lakisha

Haley

Mangina

Phil

Botton 2 this week Phil-Haley

Who will go -Haley

Who would i like to see go --Mangina

Blake is just soo cute! I hope he or Melinda wins.

Jordin

Blake

Melinda (1st time I wouldn't have put her 1st)

Top 3 in that order for me last nite.

Chris really stepped it up - good for him.

and..... I think that was the best that Melinda has looked so far (great choice for her body type)

Agree with Simon - all in all, not a very good nite at this stage of the show

Blake, Chris and Jordin were my favorites last night. Not the first time Blake has been my favorite either!

Sanjaya was my least favorite, followed by Lakisha and probably Haley.

I think it might be Haley's turn to go. I really don't think she's that bad, and I'd like to see her do the country thing. But I won't be upset to see her go either.

Haley, Lakisha and/or Phil in the bottom 2, I think.

Hey, not sure if anyone watches this here, but I'll just post again because I think the Yahoo buzz video of American Idol is pretty interesting... it's only about 5 minutes long

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...v&ch=245853

Sarah predicted Haley to go

Constantine predicted Phil

4 other sources predicted Haley

2 others predicted Lakisha

phil is leaving tonight

Even with the power of Jennifer Lopez, the Idols are facing the fire. Who is going home? This is American Idol!

Now, if you were looking for the results, you have come to the wrong place. You need to scroll down about 58 minutes from now because the results show has been expanded to an hour for an announcement that takes only 5 seconds to reveal. In the meantime, we will bring you suspense, teases, and a live performance by this week's star mentor, Jennifer Lopez.

But first, say hi to our judges, Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon "The Cow" Cowell. After some meaningless chit chat, it is time to get down to business. The journey ends tonight for someone, but first we get a group song, Bailamos.

Over 35 million votes this week, but that was not enough for Ryan who went to the people this morning to ask random individuals what they thought of last night's performances. It was a bit that would make Jay Leno proud. But it was just filler. It's time to get on to the real reason for tonight's show. No, it's not the Ford commercial. It's time for a guest performance by Akon with some beat box reggae.

OK, now it's time for the obligatory Ford commercial with enough Idol and Auto morphing to make me nauseous. So are you ready for the results? Not quite yet. Fox parent company NewsCorp has pledged $5 million to the AI Gives Back fund raiser and we get to see a video of Simon in Africa demonstrating a School In A Box from UNICEF.

<i>FuskiesNote: You can contribute to UNICEF each October by participating in my Trick or Treat for UNICEF campaign.</i>

Ready for your results? Maybe, after this break.

First, we get a recap of last night's performances. Yes, the votes are in and someone is out. And it's time to talk to the Idols about their performances and the judges' criticism. Then it is time for the three Idols with the lowest number of votes to head to the stage.

Phil, America voted and you are in the bottom three tonight.

LaKisha, after the nationwide vote, surprisingly, you are safe.

Jordin, after the vote, you are safe.

Sanjaya, sit down for the moment; I'll get back to you.

Melinda, America voted and you are safe.

Haley, after the vote, you are in the bottom three this week.

Phil and Haley in the bottom three.

Sanjaya, we are not ready for you yet.

Blake, America voted and agreed with the judges, you are safe.

Chris and Sanjaya, please stand up. One of you is safe, the other in the bottom three. After the vote, Sanjaya, sit down again, you are safe. Chris, you are in the bottom three tonight.

Phil, Haley and Chris.

When we come back, a live performance from superstar mentor Jennifer Lopez and your results.

Here is your bottom three tonight, America, Phil, Haley and Chris. I am going to send one of you back to the sofa.

Phil, it's not going to be you.

Haley, you're going to have to stay here.

Chris, you are safe.

Phil and Haley, we are going to leave you here and turn to the sensation that is Jennifer Lopez. But first, we get a video peek into J-Lo's interaction with the Idols. And then it is time for one of the biggest pop stars of the last decade to perform on the American Idol stage. If you didn't speak Spanish, you could still enjoy the beat.

After the performance with some time to kill, Jennifer talked about how impressed she was with the Idols and how she takes her hat off to everyone who comes on the show. She did not agree with all the judges' comments, but comes from the Paula school of criticism and concentrating on the positive.

There is more to come, including who goes home. After the break.

And we welcome all those Idol "you call yourself" fans who skipped over the entire show for this moment. Here is the final two.

Phil and Haley.

After over 35 million votes, Phil, you are safe. Haley heads home tonight on American Idol.

We take a look at Haley Scarnato's journey on the show before she reprises her final performance.

Fuskie

Who can only wonder, if she had dressed in the tight fitting black pants with the purple off-the-shoulder top like tonight, would she have fared better...

man was i wrong. i thought it was phil week. o well we know 100% he is gone next week

what i dont get is why everyweek they have highest % of votes seems fishy to me

doesnt make sense to me. i sense vote rigging