ok thanks anyway i just found out what it is and i don't get it i have dish network and i have cable but on my cable it is just basic so the kids can get the cartoon channels in their rooms. oh well i'll have to go out and buy the season's i think they are worth it. thanks again.

Angie :animated_wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have "The Other Boleyn Girl" to watch and I am waiting for the book, plus other movies/books of this period to watch. I've become quite interested in this topic.

I can't wait for the next season to start.

PS - Does anyone remember the scene when Henry walked into the chambers and started to dance with Ann - that scene was hot. It's so disappointing to know that Henry really was a big ole tub of lard...I like him better on the show with muscles and less facial hair. But, I dig Charles Brandon/Henry Cavill more.

I watched "The Other Boleyn Girl" - OK movie.

If anyone hated the Boleyn's in "the Tudors" your feelings will quadruple about this bunch in this movie.

Natalie Portman is excellent. The story is basically about the sister relationship.

Geesh, women were certainly amibitious in those times.

I'll have to check it out. I can't believe we have to wait a full year for new shows!!

Did we always wait a year for a new series to start? A year is a long time.

Well, I have this to keep me in that historic period for now:

Movies: The Other Boleyn Girl, Lady Jane, Anne of the Thousand Days, Mary Queen of Scots, Elizabeth and Elizabeth the Golden Age. Will get some Hank VIII movies too.

Books for now: The Other Boleyn Girl (decided to watch the movie first because reading the book first always leaves the movie as a disappointment) and I'm working on some other Philippa Gregory books. (Supposingly, Gregory writes some good stuff about this period.)

I'll need a year's worth of stuff.

P.S. Eric Bana is a hot Henry too.

• 1 month later...

I can't wait for the new season to start. I loved the Tudors.

I got The Other Boleyn Girl and I think I had too many expectations. I didn't think it was that good. Love Natalie Portman though.

Joy if you want the DVD I can send it to you. I also have season one on DVD if anyone needs to watch it.

Bring on season 3!

Oh Marty, I would love it!!! Thank you so much. I'll give you my address and I'll make sure I get it back to you afterwards.

Love,

joy

I got The Other Boleyn Girl and I think I had too many expectations. I didn't think it was that good. Love Natalie Portman though.

You have to read the book, it goes into so much more detail and there are so many different things put into the movie.

I would read the book first if you can.

Watched Elizabeth the golden age and Elizabeth with Cate Blanchett...awesome movies. Probably the best actress in this role, IMO.

Next up Lady Jane (Lady Jane Grey), Mary Queen of Scots and Anne of a Thousand Days. Plus more Gregory books. I hope I get through with all of it before the new season starts.

I need to get my dupa off the computer and start reading again. Thanks for scoop on the books.

Joy I have the DVD ready to go in the mail tomorrow. :hug:

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can't wait Ginger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's on demand now or you can catch the premiere on showtime April 5. I'm so excited.

I watched some strange movie about a cult late last Sunday called Octane. Jonathon was in it and he's good in "wacko" roles. The girl in the movie was Mischa Barton from the OC. I missed the first 1/2 hour but was surprised to see him in the movie. It reminded me to check to see when the Tudors would be on.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone watching this? My favorite part of the series this season is when Cromwell's head will be hanging on a pitchfork in some field. I can't wait.

Henry got older (for real). He's growing up right before our very eyes and getting more insane by the minute. I just wish he'd lose the Elvis faces. The director needs to tell him "Jon, stop that, you've been there and done that."

Poor JS, I liked her and sorry she won't be making it to the end of the season.

The lady Mary is very pretty, nothing like the real Mary. I read that Elizabeth was pretty homely too.

Charles Brandon (Henry Cavill) is hotter than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I canceled my Showtime but I probably will get the season video and watch it all at once. I did that with season one.

My favorite shows are on showtime and hbo and I couldn't imagine not having those two channels.

I rarely watch network tv except when BB is on.

PS: I think this season is kind of slow and I'm not enjoying it as much. I imagine there would be one more season to chapter all the wives then off with "its head" for this show.

PS: I think this season is kind of slow and I'm not enjoying it as much. I imagine there would be one more season to chapter all the wives then off with "its head" for this show.

I agree with you Ginger!!

• 4 weeks later...

I was surprised there was only 8 episodes, though it did feel like more. Ho Hum season and I'm hoping the next one is better if it does return.

I want to see Henry go all "medieval" on everyone, not sitting around how figuring out how he's going to get out of legal marriages.

Even though I wanted Cromwell to get what was coming to him, I did feel kind of bad for him knowing what punishment could be in store for him. He had so many innocent people killed, so I'm sure his punishment will be a good one.