Sign in to follow this  
GingerSnaps

The Tudors

Anybody watching this? After Rome ended I was so looking forward to it, but it just doesn't have that oooommmppphhh like Rome did. I thought the first show was boring and I have watched the second show (not sure why demand is showing it, since next Sunday is the second show) which I thought was slightly better. Supposingly, it sticks more to history that Rome did and it has enough hotties to please the eye but it's a slow moving show and it needs a pick up.

Well, I really got into this show. Ann Boleyn is a supreme biatch and though Henry is hot, the way Ann has him by the cajoles is a bit unappealing.

I always pictured Henry as this big fat dude chomping on a huge turkey leg (like the ones at Magic Kingdom).

Can't wait for the new season.

Starts Sunday, March 30.

I missed last season but have been seeing previews when I watch BBAD and it looks so good.

I'm going to check it out Sunday night. I'll let you know what I think, GingerSnaps.

I've been trying to see when the first season is on again but I'm afraid I missed it. Do you know if it's out on DVD??

Yes, I do have demand. I just don't know how to use it.LOL I am a slow learner. I will check that out tonight and see if it's on there. Thank you so much for your help.

joy

The whole first season is on demand.

You go to the demand channel. Click on Series scroll across on the bottom til you get to the show.

It reads

Tudors 1

Tudors 2

so on and so forth.

you can watch them all.

OMG, thank you so much!!! I will watch them this weekend. I'm so excited!!!

joy

I've been watching it - they've been showing the 1st season again weekly at Showtime, with the final episode shown the hour before the premiere of season 2 this Sunday.

It's pretty good - picks up more and more each week. It's not particularly historically accurate, they're taking license creatively, but I understand why. If something interests me, I just google it and get the real story. For instance, "the sweating disease" was a real epidemic and killed thousands. I thought it was the flu - but no one knows exactly what it was. I believe it was a mutant virus connected to their filthy hygiene - such as dumping waste in the Thames.

sorry if i bored anyone with my diabribe!

I do the same thing Kalgirl. I did it with the series Rome too, because the shows are not totally historically correct.

But, what I want to say is that you can see from my first post in this thread I wasn't keen on the show at the beginning. I attempted to watch the first show at least three times (without falling asleep) and you are right, it gets better with each week. So, I'm hooked.

Don't read next lines if you're back watching the show.

It's alot like rooting for hgs on BB, I root for my favorite characters to make it through the episode..lol Henry is a madman and I can't wait until the conniving witch gets hers. I'm not sure why he is so infatuated with her? I guess he thinks she's the one who will give him the male child.

I watched 10 of last seasons episodes before the premier last night so was pretty up to speed.

I love it!! Great cast!! I was glued to my tv set and can't wait for more..

I've been looking and looking for the 1st season on DVD so, I could catch up. BBAD has been making this show look so good... I couldn't wait for premiere.

Ugh, not out on DVD's and I forgot about the premiere. :lol::(

GingerSnaps told me it was "on demand" and that's how I caught up on most of last season. Perhaps, you can do that. Do you have "on demand?" You can watch it at your convenience. It is great Ceci. You can always catch this seasons premiere on "on demand" as well.

Oooo really!!!! So kewl... I'm going to try that then. Thanks for the info. joyami ( and ginger ;) )

Okay, I won't give anything away, but just give my opinion on the season premiere. I missed the first few minutes. It started out a bit slow (like the previous season) but the show picked up and coming attractions look like it's going to be very interesting. I'm not sure how many season they are planning on filming, but I was surprised that they gave alot away through coming attractions.

I don't watch much TV and after the bum season of BB, I am very excited about this season's shows.

Joyami - 10 episodes so I think you have only a few more. You will probably be able to catch up on this season if you catch the repeats.

I love watching marathons. That is how I got into Rome and Dexter. Put off watching them the whole season then when I had nothing to do one weekend watched them all in a row. The funny thing is that I watched them right before the new season premiere and there was no wait in between. :)

Glad I helped out.

I loved it last night. So much happened in one episode. It is amazing. After the show, I had to go look up everything I could on King Henry's life. I was on the computer for hours.

I think, I have 2 more episodes to complete last season.

Thanks again GingerSnaps...

Hope you get to watch it Ceci, you will enjoy it.

I did the same thing with Dexter, Ginger! :D And, it's one of my favorite shows on TV.

I hope I can catch it too joyami... those BBAD commercial have me pumped for this season. But, I have to watch the first season first... that's just how I roll. :lol:

Joy has me really interested. I am putting it on my to do list to watch the first season and keep up with it.

Hope you get to watch it Marty. I think you will really enjoy it.

Can't wait to see tonights episode!!!

It's a great break from the BB madness. I am looking forward to tonights episode too. The coming attractions revealed alot. I guess Henry isn't the big sap at the end of the season as he is now.

PS- I can't stand how he treats Catherine, for god's sake--she made his shirts.

Gingersnaps - you crack me up- she made his shirts!! Too funny.

Where was Catherine tonight??

Fantasic show as usual!! I'm in love with the series.

I hate Anne Bolyn and I am glad she's carrying a girl. Does she get the guillotine or a boiling pot of water?

Ha Ha, the people of the kingdom hate Anne Boelyn too.