squirrel

A friend of mine made me go see this. Otherwise I would have waited for the DVD.

It's definitely a "guy" movie, since most of it is "fight scene" after "fight scene".

The only real emotion portrayed recurringly is the "brother-in-arms" camarederie.

Well, there is one love scene which led to an "eroticism" warning label being printed on my ticket!

(Not really sure why, though.)

Good special effects. Especially with the weird creatures, and the sped-up/slowed-down fighting.

And although I haven't seen Frank Miller's previous movie (whatever it was called), I was told that the overall look and feel is similar. It's true that is was visually stunning at times.

I wouldn't call it awe-inspiring though.

Oh, and it's funny how most times the guys have these chiseled abs (computer enhanced, I believe), but other times they don't. That was kind of distracting for me.

Overall, I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Go if you like extreme violence and/or special effects, because it's so much better on the big screen.

Wait for the DVD if it's not your cup of tea (or blood, in this case).

This movie was unique in the appearance and pretty good acting (minus the "god king giant guy"... which made the movie stick out... the story line eh it ok .. i read about it in high school!!! LOTS OF GORE AND BLOOD!!! if ur into men in diaper type underwear throughout the whole movie then hey this one if for you LOL!!!

• 5 months later...

I was really looking forward to this movie. I thought it was going to be up there with the likes of Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven. It's not, I was wrong. The creature aspect was just dumb and it kinda bothered me that they basically fought in the same place during the whole movie. I can see this movie being a good prelude to a video game though, as that's what I felt I was watching. Too bad.

• 1 month later...

This is an excellent movie. Guy movie? Yeah I guess so. The special effects and fight scenes are some of the best Hollywood has produced to date. Basically they took Matrix type fighting to the next level.

Not sure if anybody knows this, but this movie is based on a true event in history. The movie is heavily fantasized, but the basic premise is the same.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I missed this one in threathres oddly enough I just didn't want to see it. I'm like another greek movie boring!!!! Then after hearing so much rave stuff about it I decided to rent it when it came on DVD!!!! Can I say simply amazing movie one of my favorites of the 07 year!!!