Episode 3.22: Through The Looking Glass (jack-centric)

kayo

Title is still unknown at this point, but the episode is being labeled "Ben-centric" by DarkUFO and The Fuselage. It is the 2-hour season finale.

03/30 - Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz reveal: Hurley will be playing a central part in the finale. Source: Lost - The Official Magazine, Issue #10, May/June 2007

03/28 - I'm hearing something about a season-ending showdown between the 815ers and the Others. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

03/27 - Sources tell me the producers wanted to bring him back for the finale, but Harold [Perrineau] decided not to return to the show. Source: Kristin on E!Online

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of Kristen at EOnline:

"I checked in with some sources before boarding my Oceanic flight, and I actually got goosebumps hearing what they have in store. The Lost finale will be the finale that everyone will be talking about all summer. Not Grey's. Not Heroes. Not the Great American Dream Vote. Okay, so I'm kidding on that last one, but in all seriousness, from what I hear, Lost's season-ender will "change the show for good"

Courtesy of Kristin Veitch at EOnline:

The casting call for the final two hours of season three includes a single mother, a doctor, a mortician, a pharmacist and a stewardess. The pharmacist and the stewardess are hardasses, the doc is a chief-of-staff, the single mother is tired and the mortician is kind of depressed, all of which adds up to...uh, you tell me!

:animated_scratchchin:Hmm, I wonder...This line-up makes me think of Christian, Jack's dad. Morticians, doctors, single-mothers, oh my!

Courtesy of DarkUFO:

The title of the 2-hour season finale episode is "Through the Looking Glass".

The title doesn't surprise me much. There have been many Alice in Wonderland references. However, I'm surprised it's a ben-centric.

Some Character similarities:

Alice - Alice believes that the world is orderly and stable, and she has an insatiable curiosity about her surroundings. Wonderland challenges and frustrates her perceptions of the world. Sounds like Jack in season 1...could be Ben before the island. Ben always says he was 'born' on the island. But maybe not the man, but the person Ben is today was created on the island.

The White Rabbit - The frantic, harried Wonderland creature that originally leads Alice to Wonderland. The White Rabbit is figure of some importance, but he is manic, timid, and occasionally aggressive. Maybe Christian? being the reason Jack was in Australia in the first place. Christian also appeared to Jack in Season 1, but only to disappear. He did lead Jack tothe caves...speaking of which does anyone still go there?

The Queen of Hearts - The ruler of Wonderland. The Queen is severe and domineering, continually screaming for her subjects to be beheaded. Juliette...Kate...Anna Lucia??? All women on the island

The King of Hearts - The coruler of Wonderland. The King is ineffectual and generally unlikeable, but lacks the Queen

Courtesy of TV Guide/Ask Ausiello:

April 11, 2007

Question: Can you confirm who the Lost finale will center on, Ben or Jack? The rumor mill is going wild with contradictory information.

Ausiello: It

Courtesy of TV Guide

Ask Ausiello

April 18, 2007

Exec producer Carlton Cuse offers this exclusive tease about the show's two-hour, sure-to-be-blockbuster season finale on May 22: "Let's just say the end of the season features a showdown between Jack and Locke

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episodes 3.22 and 3.23: Through the Looking Glass (Jack-centric, two-hour season finale)

Airdate: May 23, 2007 from 9 to 11 p.m.

• 04/24 - They are now casting for a 40-year-old flight attendant. Source: SpoilerFix.com
  • 04/24 - On still-mysterious Lost, no season-finale is complete without someone dying. Who that will be is still anyone's guess. The survivors of Flight 815 will have another showdown with the "Others," the origins of the Dharma Initiative will be explained, and the beach occupants divide into two camps: one run by Jack (Matthew Fox) and the other Sawyer (Josh Holloway). One old face you will not be seeing is Harold Perrineau as Michael, who actually turned down an opportunity to return in the season finale. At this point, we have to assume that Michael and Walt are safe and sound at home. Source: MediaWeek [Note: Some people talk about a Jack/Locke showdown others talk about Jack/Sawyer. In any case, there will be a showdown between Jack and someone else.]

• 2 weeks later...

LOST Finale Press Release

Courtesy of ABC

JACK AND HIS FELLOW SURVIVORS BEGIN THEIR EFFORTS TO MAKE CONTACT WITH NAOMI

Courtesy of EOnline and Kristin Veitch:

Kristin from Kristin's Office: What are the two things you can tell us about the Lost finale on May 23?

Kristin V.: Excellent question, Kristin! Here they are:

1. The game-changer involves Jack and someone else. :animated_scratchchin:

2. A fan favorite will sacrifice himself for the good of the rest of the Losties.

(All spoilers point to Charlie as being the most likely,however, since he is reported to not be in the season finale, could it be someone else?? The word "himself" is used, so that narrows out the female characters. And another site said it wouldn't be Jack... so could it be Sayid or Hurley or...gulp....Sawyer??)

"The Rattlesnake in the Mailbox"

Interview with Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

Is it true that the season finale for this season has been given the codename

I just found something big...no really BIG...no HUGE as in GAME-CHANGING HUGE! That is, if it is, indeed, a spoiler and not a foiler. I state this ahead of time so you not only understand that I'm not verifying this info as 100% correct-although it seems like it could very well be accurate to me-but also to make you aware that, by clicking on the link, you could very well be TOTALLY spoiling yourself regarding the entire season-ending episode...including the "snake in the mailbox". Seriously.

So, if you're like me and you can't resist potential spoilers of an astronomical magnitude, then, by all means, click away! My advice would be, however, that if you can hold out to the season end, do so and let the episode unfold without knowing ahead of time. I'm actually kind of hoping that not all of it's true just so I can experience the element of surprise I felt when Ben shot Locke last week. There is nothing more satisfying than an unexpected, exhilarating jolt of shock to an old spoiler addict like myself. B) I wish I could reform my ways, but alas, it's hopeless... :sadwalk:

Here you go...don't say I didn't warn you (it's about a 1/3 of the way down on his blogsite with a photo of the LOST cast at the top)...

LOST season ending spoiler?

Courtesy of jeffords blogspot

What did you think Kayo?

Well, I don't want to spoil anything for those that don't want to know but, suffice it to say, it wasn't what I was expecting AT ALL! I kind of did a :jawdrop: when I read it and think it's a brilliant twist. Kudos to the writers! It's definitely something I wouldn't have seen coming had I not read the spoiler (if it's true, that is!). The Jack and ......"connection"-pure genius. The only thing I absolutely hate is the one

major character death

...and you know which one I'm talking about :bigcry:. Not happy about that at all.

i am doing everything in my powr not to read that spoiler. OMG i want to click and read so bad. But i want to be surprised!!! A whole week of restraint is going to be difficult

I'm so sorry to make it hard on you, Mikede! I almost didn't post the link here, but I finally decided that it's our spoiler thread so I thought I'd make it available for all the pathetic, hard-core spoilerholics like myself ;)

Other spoiler sites are now reporting on the same game-changing moment spoiler info, so it certainly seems as if this is a definite spoiler and not a foiler. That being said, if you need additional willpower to not look...take Kristen at EOnline's words to heart when she says:

"Until the big "game-changing" season finale next week, which will completely blow you away...which is all I'm gonna say, because what happens in the finale is one surprise I do not want to ruin. And hey, do yourself a favor and step away from the hard-core spoiler sites, okay? Trust me. This one is so much better if you are left unspoiled."

SHE IS NOT KIDDING!

(By the way, Mikede, how many days now have you been smoke-free?)

Ok, im going to stay away from the spoilers. I have to, i dont want to ruin it for myself.

:2thumbsup:

(and im not smoke free :/ )

:(

Final Season Finale info courtesy of EOnline's Kristin Veitch:

Brandon in Omaha: I cannot wait for the Lost finale!

Answer: I cannot wait to show you the Lost finale exclusive we scored! As I

i finally read the spoilers today, i am so mad at myself (sorta) but i just had to know! and now after reading it, it makes me worry that even though the producers have a definitive end date for the show, i worry it will be one of those mysterious 'what really happens' ending....and none of the people that are listed as getting killed off bother me one little bit

If you can stomach The View women's babbling, here's a link to their interview with Dominic Monaghan which features a cool sneak preview clip from tonight's finale!

Dominic on The View w/finale sneek preview scene

To spare those who have not seenit yet...or are still watching, I'll hold my tongue...

However, this episode/ finale get's a HUGE standing O followed by a 'What the Eff???"

...And the Emmys go to...Matthew Fox and Dominic Monaghan!

I really have to digest this episode a bit-and maybe watch it again-before saying to much. I will say that two "Charlie's gonna die" episodes back-to-back is two too many for me...man, that was brutal. I'm really gonna miss him. :bigcry: