Episode 3.21: Greatest Hits (charlie-centric)

kayo

DarkUFOconfirms that episode 21, "Greatest Hits", is Charlie-centric.

An actress playing a young nurse from Manchester who's also Charlie's school friend will appear in this episode. We aparently will also find out about Charlie's dad in more depth.

Source: Digital Spy

On UK Show "Richard and Judy", in an interview with Carlton Cuse, writer and executive producer of Lost via sattellite, he confirmed that the Charlie problem would be resolved in episode 16 which then he later confirmed the title as "The Truth About Lying".

Source: Channel 4 (UK) Richard and Judy

To keep fans in suspense, this episode which was originally episode 16, but was postponed.

Dominic Monaghan stated in an interview with Media Guardian, that his flashback episode would be one of the last in the season, however, not the finale but that his character would play an important role in the finale without him physically being there. :o(this had better not mean that he dies!)

Source: Media Guardian

Courtesy of Kristen at EOnline:

..."As for the fate of Charlie, in episode 21, his next flashback, looks like there are two female characters playing cops (or something similar), one of whom is "about nailing the perp to the wall, no matter how you do it..." There's also a blue-collar family

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.21: Greatest Hits (fka "Truth about Lying") (Charlie-centric)

Airdate: May 16, 2007

• 04/23 - While Jack devises a plan to do away with

Courtesy of "Pinkerton's photos" at Flickr.com:

These production stills and short video clip were taken by someone who works in a building right by where they were filming the "Charlies saves woman being mugged" scene.

video clip of filming sequence

this was filmed from the roof looking down. You can see the rainmaking machine and then hear a woman scream as Charlie walks by the alley. He runs in the alley to save her. Cool stuff!

production stills

(They begin about half way down the page.)

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SOILERFIX

Episode 3.21: Greatest Hits (fka "Truth about Lying") (Charlie-centric)

Airdate: May 16, 2007

• 05/01 - Guest starring are Tania Raymonde as Alex, Blake Bashoff as Karl, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Mira Furlan as Rousseau, Brian Goodman as Pryce, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, Neil Hopkins as Liam, Joshua Hancock as Roderick, John Henry Canavan as Simon Pace, Jeremy Shada as young Charlie, Zack Shada as young Liam, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Andrea Gabriel as Nadia, Lana Parrilla as Greta and Tracy Middendorf as Bonnie. Source: ABC

I cried just about that whole episode last night... 1/2 way through my husband asked, "what's wrong with you" and I boo-hoo'd "they're killing off Charlie!" ... :bigcry:

I love that we got to see Rose and Bernard again!!

But I am hating that it looks liek Charlie is a gonner I really love him and want him and Claire to hook up.

I wonder who the people were in the under water hatch, are they more others, or are they other others lol??

It took everything I had to keep from being spoiled for last night's show before it was on -- especially with my concern for Charlie. Oh, Charlie -- that concept of "Greatest Hits" was a real gut-wrencher. I made it to the Hurley hug before needing the hankie, tho.

Do we think maybe Desmond can save him one more time? I bet we don't find out until next season!

Did you guys all see Jem's post on tonight's show? Read here

What a beautifully written and wonderfully acted episode! I loved the whole "greatest hits" theme and was crying my eyeballs out when Desmond and Charlie were in the boat...gut-wrenching, I tell ya!

What we learned from this episode:

1. Alex REALLY dislikes Ben and is questioning whether he's even her real father...finally!

2. Karl will do anything that Alex asks...this is one love-sick puppy.

3. Jack the fearless leader is back! Woo hoo!

4. Ben is one absolutely evil, deranged villain :devilish: ...and the island's BIGGEST liar! Jacob said to attack right away...yeah, right. Who else thinks that Ben is the one who's trapped Jacob and is making up all the "jacob said this" and "Jacob said that" just to get the Others to fulfill his own personal agenda?...Something having to do with pregnant women, that's for sure. Since they haven't shown us any of his adult backstory with Annie yet, my hunch is that maybe she died giving birth to his child (maybe she was the first one?) and now it's his obsession to figure out why it happened...and that might also explain why he kidnapped Alex as an infant, perhaps? Which leads to my next item learned from this episode-

5. The Others don't seem to be all that crazy about Ben, and his leadership seems to be hanging by a thread- a thread held together by their belief that Jacob only communicates with Ben. Methinks that if they ever find out that Jacob also communicates with Locke, Ben's leadership days, and maybe even his life, are kaput!

6. Juliet really is on the Losties side after all....isn't she? :unsure:

7. Charlie really does love Claire and Aaron....and Hurley. :wub:

8. Bernard is a sharp shooter! Who knew?

9. The flashback scene that shows Charlie playing the guitar and it begins to rain is a copy of the Desmond flashback where Desmond sees Charlie playing the guitar and it begins to rain...only this time, no Desmond. This has GOT to be an important puzzle piece because it seems to allude, once again, to the time travel/alternate universe theories. Argh, I wish I could figure this out!!!

10. Charlie survives...or does he? I mean, Desmond saw him flip the switch and then drown, but he hasn't flipped the switch yet and Des can't predict when things will happen...after last night's emotional roller coaster episode, I don't know if I ever want next week's episode to come! Aw, yes I do...what am I thinking? ;)

11. There are underwater babes with guns in the Looking Glass! As the title for the finale is "Through the Looking glass", this place has definitely got to be pretty important. Could this be the place where they bring people to and from the outside world, ala Cooper? I can't help but think of Alice in Wonderland's looking glass and how Alice was transported into a strange world filled with Cheshire cats, talking white rabbits (I just thought of Ben's rabbit!), kings and queens and tweedle dee and tweedle dum...And on the island we have smoke monsters, polar bears, dead people walking and invisible Jacob talking. Coincidence? I think not.

And we tied up at least one more mystery, Kayo --

the reason for the cable off into the ocean.

But now we have a whole new set of underground questions.

And on it goes, bless it!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Lost

by Sabrina Rojas Weiss

May 16, 2007: Charlie's Greatest Hits

Were the writers bending over backward to tug at our heartstrings and totally distract us from the impending battle or what? It worked on me. I never thought I cared that much about Charlie

I still don't think Charlie's gonna die, brotha. It just seems too simple for the writers. What i don't understand about the whole looking-glass and cable is...why not cut the cable? Why go down there at all. Just unplug it.

Something having to do with pregnant women, that's for sure. Since they haven't shown us any of his adult backstory with Annie yet, my hunch is that maybe she died giving birth to his child (maybe she was the first one?) and now it's his obsession to figure out why it happened...and that might also explain why he kidnapped Alex as an infant, perhaps? Which leads to my next item learned from this episode-

I started thinking about Ben and Alex and I think I've figured it out. Ben is not Alex's dad but Karl's. Annie was probably the first pregnant woman to get sick and die, but they saved the baby. Or, she dies in child-birth. And the baby was KARL! Why would Ben not like Karl so much, unless it was a similar Roger/Ben relationship.

Now my question for the Losties: How many times does Juliet have to lie o be flat out wrong for you to leave her where the Others can find her? She says (because the tape) that theyare cioming in three days. But she knew or at least didn't act surprised when they played the tape with the "mark the tents" command. SHE ALREADY KNEW! So what are the chances she knew they were coming early. Maybe Ben passed her a note and then told the Others that Jacob said blah blah blah. I hope Kate and Sawyer tie her to a tree. If Jack doesn't like it...they can tie him to a tree, too.

What's going to happen to Desmond? Last we saw he was on a boat, knocked the F*ck out. Nadia's boat is somewhere out there...maybe with Penny. Maybe Penny or her boat finds Desmond...

Was it me or did the blonde under-the-sea chick look familiar?? I can understand Charlie;s excitement that he swam so far, but when he saw the lights on, wouldn't he think...hmmm...Juliet said it was abandoned, but she's a liar...maybe I should shut my trap and go all double-oh-seven...

What's going to happen to Desmond? Last we saw he was on a boat, knocked the F*ck out. Nadia's boat is somewhere out there...maybe with Penny. Maybe Penny or her boat finds Desmond...

We can't have them found too soon, Fran, or we won't have a delicious 4th season!

I think either Desmond (or Locke?????) is going to somehow save Charlie, at least for the time being.

Do we know if there is another submarine? Any way to reach the Looking Glass other than the way Charlie did?

Maybe the station is connected to the mainland through a series of tunnels and locks (get it? get it? -- the reason for John to be on the island....)

Maybe the station is connected to the mainland through a series of tunnels and locks (get it? get it? -- the reason for John to be on the island....)

:hahohi: you crack me up!

I've been thinking about whats-her-face telling Charlie they released a greatest hits album when his body was found. They've only been gone 3 months...how in the world would they have produced a greatest hits album so quickly? I think she's a spy...and not for Penny...

I don't know why that little exchange still bothers me...and it will probably NEVER be explained...rats!

I've been thinking about whats-her-face telling Charlie they released a greatest hits album when his body was found. They've only been gone 3 months...how in the world would they have produced a greatest hits album so quickly?

Good point...I'm surprised that Charlie didn't ask her that or at least comment on it being fast. So far, no one has asked Naomi when the plane was found...that would definitely shed some more light on things!