Episode 3.19: The Brig (john Locke-centric)

kayo

DarkUFO confirms that Episode 19 will be Jack-centric and is titled "The Brig".

03/30 - According to Cuse, the Locke/Daddy arc will pay off in episode 19, which airs on May 2. Source: Entertainment Weekly

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of Kristin Veitch for EOnline:

"I signed in blood swearing not to divulge the bigger things I saw while visiting the Lost set (and oh, lordy, were there some bigger things!), but that doesn't mean I can't tell you what I didn't see. For example, that the episode after Sun and Jin's "D.O.C." is neither a Jack episode nor a Sawyer episode, as has been speculated. Oh, and from what I can tell, it's finally gettin' to be Lord of the Flies time. Get ready. It's gonna be good."

This may be THE turning point show we hear rumored to be coming soon. Very secretive episode, that's for sure!

Being the title is "The Brig"... maybe it's (locke's father... can't remember his name) centric?!?

Cooper (aka the real Sawyer?)...ooh! Now that would be INTERESTING!

The Lost forum and the Tailsection are reporting that episode nineteen "TheBrig" will be the first ever NO FLASHBACKS episode! This has not yet been confirmed by ABC, however, the insider who reported the news is said to be very accurate...we'll see! Here is what was posted:

"A highly-placed insider has just set my hinder straight on the batting order for the final episodes of

Corrected update courtesy of AICN:

"UPDATE!! Another reputable source told us late last night that 3.19 WILL contain flashbacks, and they'll be Locke flashbacks. So I called my original source (the one who said no flashbacks for 3.19), and that source said my latter source was right. The original source got confused because all of Locke's flashbacks are very RECENT flashbacks. All apparently take place on Dharma Island (or thereabouts) subsequent to Ben reintroducing Locke to his daddy (the last time we all saw Locke). So the real, true and now double-confirmed flashback order is:

3.17 Desmond Hume

3.18 Jin & Sun Kwon

3.19 John Locke

3.20 Benjamin Linus

3.21 Charlie Pace

3.22-23 Jack Shephard

Apologies for the mix-up!!"

Sorry to report the earlier info too soon...hopefully this latest update is correct!- kayo

Courtesy of WCHS-TV:

Locke breaks away from the Others to try to persuade Sawyer to help get rid of a common nemesis; a new island inhabitant discloses shocking information about the survivors' flight.

Now this little tidbit of information sure confirms alot!-kayo :figment:

Courtesy of TV GUIDE

Ask Ausiello

April 18, 2007

Question: I just heard that there's going to be an episode of Lost this season without flashbacks. Is that true?

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.19: The Brig (Locke-centric)

Airdate: May 2, 2007

• 04/16 - A newly focused Locke breaks away from "The Others" in an attempt to persuade Sawyer to help rid them of a great nemesis that has caused nothing but pain in both of their lives. Meanwhile, a new island inhabitant discloses some shocking information about Oceanic Flight 815. Guest starring are M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom, Kevin Tighe as Anthony Cooper, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Kimberly Joseph as Cindy and Marsha Thomason as Naomi. Source: ABC
  • 04/16 - Another reputable source told us late last night that 3.19 will contain flashbacks, and they'll be Locke flashbacks. So I called my original source (the one who said no flashbacks for 3.19), and that source said my latter source was right. The original source got confused because all of Locke's flashbacks are very recent flashbacks. All apparently take place on Dharma Island (or thereabouts) subsequent to Ben reintroducing Locke to his daddy (the last time we all saw Locke). Source: Ain't It Cool News

"The Brig" Photos Courtesty of ABC:

thebrig1xs4.jpg

thebrig2sz6.jpg

thebrig3eh9.jpg

thebrig4mt1.jpg

thebrig5kb2.jpg

The Brig-promo 2

This second promo is very interesting...so Jack and Juliet are in cahoots?? Is it Ben under the bag, or actually Cooper?

I never really looked around for LOST spoilers before today.

WOW. This has to be like the MOST spoiled show out there!

I'm glad I'm more crazy about HEROES than LOST, or I might never get any work done because I'd be busy looking up spoilers for LOST all day.

Anyway, for those who just can't wait another few hours, here is a synopsis of the episode that will air tonight.

I'M ALREADY SORRY I SPOILED IT FOR MYSELF BY READING IT,

so don't read it unless you REALLY want to!

Flashbacks take place between 8 and 3 days ago. Locke insists that his father isn

:o Wow, I'm glad I didn't make it back to this thread until after the show was done...talk about your mother of all spoilers! You're right - LOST has definitely become the spoiler jackpot show if you dig shallow enough ^_^.

Thanks for putting it in spoiler "font" though, buxomb. It really has become somewhat of an addiction for me (finding spoilers for LOST), and it'll be tough these last three episodes to look for them and yet not find out EVERYTHING in advance. I'm actually hoping that Damon and Carlton will pull a fast one on all of us and somehow put out false info, making the season finale a total shocker surprise to us all. One can dream...

This episode was another good one, although having pretty much known what was going to happen ahead of time, it was pretty predictable. I didn't know that Sawyer would actually kill Locke's pop though...and I feel a bit guilty for admitting that I'm glad he did. What a supreme jerk if there ever was one. And he already thought he was in hell...HA. I guess the joke was on him...

Information revealed in this episode...along with the usual additional questions:

1. Jack and Juliet do indeed have something in the works, and I'm even guessing that Jack already knows that she is "working" with Ben. I'm hoping that J & J have something up their sleeves and are planning to turn the tables on Ben. So what's their secret that Jack doesn't want to tell Kate yet...About Juliet's planned testing of Kate and the other women? About what is supposed to happen in three days?... :animated_scratchchin:

2. It sounds like Cooper's trip to the island was similar to Juliet's. That is, they both were given something (he intraveneously and she orally) that knocked them out long enough to get them to the island. And what's with all the car/bus accidents anyway? Anyway, I'm not trusting Ben's statement that Locke brought his dad to the island, although Ben might very well believe it. I'm wondering more and more if Ben himself, as well as some of the other Others, is being tested/manipulated as well.

3. Their isdissension amongst The Others! Will Locke become a new part of the leadership in the future?

4. Danielle needed dynamite and Locke didn't even question her?? :huh2:

5. Flight 815 crashed WHOLE into the Pacific with all passengers still on board....No, I don't think so. Since Damon and Carlton have both said over and over that this is NOT purgatory and they are NOT dead, then who is in charge of this elaborate ruse? Who would have this capability?

6. Is the island really an island or just a gigantic petri dish?

7. Since Mikhail wasn't in this episode, where did he run off to, and why, oh why, do I still fear for Charlie? :unsure:

8. What was that big post that they had Cooper tied up to? It looked older and made me think of the four-toed statue for some reason...

9. Did I understand correctly that Sayid had not seen that type of technology in a phone before? :animated_scratchchin: I'll definitely have to watch it again.

10. NOTE to Jack: Quit being a poop. You're my absolute favorite character and I sure hope you really are up to something good, because you're actually beginning to annoy me...

What amazed me the most about this episode is that within the space of about 30 minutes I was totally ready to accept, even welcome, Sawyer's murder of that horrible, horrible man.

My only other comment: I will keep reminding myself that the writers have said many times that these people are not dead, this is not Purgatory, etc.

Fascinating.

LMAO @ Locke drinking water at the river/stream and Sawyer steps into it with his steamy red sore feet!

Note to self: Boxes of dynamite in hull of old ship.

Again.. lmao @ Sawyer, Hurley and Jin's 'taking a group leak' moment!

Might Sayid's new love interest be parachute girl?

Jack's always annoyed me.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT JACK AND JERKETT ARE KEEPING SECRET!!!

wheeww... now that i got that out of my system... i was flabbergassed when locked dad said one of his alias's was tom sawyer... the look on sawyer's face.. pure hurt... the little boy in him totally came out and when the jerk tore up the letter... well... nobody could blame sawyer for putting that chain around that jerks neck and killing him.

i really need to see Ben die. i just need to see him die. i cant explain.

i also need to see jack get slapped really hard back into reality and back into the leader of the crash survivors.

ohh and if anyone could make anyone just dissapear only to be taken to the island... can they come take some of my coworkers?

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT JACK AND JERKETT ARE KEEPING SECRET!!!

I hear ya, Fizz. But I'm not ready to slap him just yet. Whether or not Julia is a bad girl and he's being duped, I'm still willing to believe that Jack is trying to find a way to do in the Others and save the Losties. OK - incurable optimist here.

I hear ya, Fizz. But I'm not ready to slap him just yet. Whether or not Julia is a bad girl and he's being duped, I'm still willing to believe that Jack is trying to find a way to do in the Others and save the Losties.

Me too, Katydidit, me too...

And I'm also hoping that Locke doesn't get too weird and become "one with the island" or something...don't get me wrong, I LOVE Locke, especially when he goes all commando, but I just don't want to see him go off the deep end.

Can anyone else besides me totally picture him with Danielle? Maybe it's the fact that they're both loners and both a bit weird, but they definitely seem like two of a kind!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Lost

by Sabrina Rojas Weiss

May 2, 2007: The Misadventures of Tom Sawyer

"If this isn't hell, then where are we?"

Well, yeah, Locke's dad and Sawyer's lifelong enemy sure does have a point with his theory. It's not like the heartless con artist would end up anywhere better. But again, I seriously doubt the answer would ever be that simple. If the Original Tom Sawyer was in a car wreck, taken away in a stretcher, smiled at by the paramedic putting an IV in his arm and awakened in a prison cell on the island, I'd bet anything that it was the work of some off-island Others, not God. I will, however, posit that Ben really enjoys playing Old Testament, sadistic God. Not that it takes a genius to manipulate Locke where his dad is concerned, but Ben had such a glint in his eyes as he convinced him to off his dad. Wow, did he get him with a weak argument, too: He needs to kill his dad in order to get over that whole kidney-stealing/tossing-out-of-buildings thing. Um, since when did murder actually help someone get over their issues exactly? Then there was the backup manipulative move of having slimy Richard, with his way-too-perfect haircut and pristine clothing, approach him with the method of using Sawyer (argh, do you really want me to call him James now? It just feels wrong) as his hit man. So then Locke added a third layer of persuasion, sucking Sawyer in with the promise of killing Ben.

He had it coming, for sure. This con man of many names could cut everyone to the quick, even tied up and waiting to die. He even took a mean shot at Ben, calling him "Bug Eyes." It's not so surprising that Sawyer finally cracked and strangled the guy; it's surprising that he hadn't driven anyone else to do that years ago. Still, it was quite a brutal murder. (Though am I the only one worried that no one took his pulse later? No one's been staying dead these days.) This is all going to be pretty hard for Sawyer to get over, having just accomplished his raison d'etre without even getting the chance to take in the mind-blowing "coincidence" of the guy arriving on the island.

At least Locke has his new mission of proving he's "special" to the Others to distract him. It's nice to see Locke slowly return to the calm Crocodile Dundee guy we met in the first season. The evidence: the exchange he had with Rousseau, who just happened to walk in for some dynamite. "What brings you to the Black Rock?" What, indeed, Rousseau? And where have you been since you met your daughter? Those unstable explosives are going to prove interesting very soon.

Back at the beach, things moved rather slowly. The worst liars on the island, Hurley and Charlie, were too hilarious trying to keep a secret. Especially since they're so visibly freaked out by Naomi's assertion that their plane was found in Bali with everyone's bodies in it. Sayid's cool response to that info made me love him more than ever. Can we please see much, much more of him? Anyway, just how loaded is Penny Widmore that she can fund this exhaustive, high-tech search for Desmond? Not high-tech enough, apparently, since there's that weird magnetic force blocking the transmission.

Two final notes: 1) Kate really annoyed me with her whiny tattling to Jack about Naomi's arrival. I kinda love how Juliet was all rolling her eyes like the cool cheerleader wondering why the nerdy girl is bothering her football-player boyfriend. 2) I think this nonflashback episode format really worked well. I wouldn't want to lose the flashbacks altogether, but this is definitely an option I'd like the writers to use more often, when we already know enough about the characters' past motivations and just want to get on with the story

Why oh why do they tell Kate ANYTHING. She can't keep a secret to save her life, unless it's a "Hey, we found another hatch with costumes and stage make-up so I don't think the others have been marooned here." Jeez, if I was Sawyer, I wouldn't talk to her either. She reminds me of a heartbroken teen-ager who can't get over the idea that her ex has moved on.

The scene with Locke and Danielle is one that I have been waiting for. Finally they get some quiet time. But what's she gonna do with that dynamite? Blow up the village? and how come after 16 years does she not know every part of the island? Has fear driven her to stay in a small radius (like Mikial claimed)?

Something I've been wondering about the Black Rock...how could a ship be in pretty good condition be so far inland?

Does anyone see a possible love connection between parachute-girl & Syid?