The Great American Dream Vote

kayo

This is quite possibly THE lamest, poorest excuse for a show I've ever seen. I couldn't stomach anymore after seeing the home video of the beauty queen mom making a pitch for her 12 yr old daughter who wants to become Miss America. She talked about how her daughter takes the crowns she wins in local pageants and donates them to young cancer patients. The mother said, "several of the girls have gone to heaven wearing my daughter's crowns on their heads". They have absolutely GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

It even sounded worse coming from the girl herself when she said "several girls have been buried in my crowns".

All of these "dreams" have been lame. . . very shallow. . . except maybe the dog rescue. At least that one wasn't selfish. But I agree. . . it's a horrible show.

Should have known Donnie Osmond would be chosen to host it, look at the title, it's a play on his musical, The Great Technicolor Dreamcoat. How lame! And how lame of ABC to try to push it during DWTS!

OMG! the "beauty queen dream" mother and child were sooooooo creepy. Then the Bald guy pleads his case by telling everybody that his dream (to get hair) is no for somebody else but for himself (add selfish to lame) and so he should get the vote, and guess what? ...he wins!...among other things...a boat!...WTF?!!!

Last nights "dreamers" included two moms whose dreams were to get their grown arse kids out of their house :animated_scratchchin: ...again, WTF?!!!

They could have made this show a hit just by making true meaningful dreams come true ala the Extreme Home Make over show, where good, caring, humble people ask for things they truly need and deserve...but, nooooooooo!

Whoever thought "dreams" like buying hair and a boat for a dork and paying rent for a lazy (yes, they were both lazy, on top of it all) slacker just so he/she can get out of their idiot mom's house would make for a hit show, should get fired and re-trained...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

ABC Vetoes Donny Osmond's Vote

To the consternation of prematurely balding men and chicken fetishists everywhere, ABC has pulled the plug on The Great American Dream Vote, which in its first two airings served up far-from-great ratings (despite a plum Dancing with the Stars lead-in for its Tuesday bow). Dream Vote, which isn