The Monkees

AarHan3

I remember first seeing The Monkees TV show in a marathon on MTV on that fateful Sunday back in late February 1986 (to coincide with the group's 20th anniversary) along with my sister @ our grandmother's. Those live-action cartoon SFX, those musical numbers...boy, they sure had a profound effect on me. (I remember thinking to myself, "I could swear I'd seen this before"!) They virtually (and still do!) got rich off me, as, in the 14+ years since, I squandered the lot purchasing and collecting LPs, audiocassettes, CDs, books, cards, videocassettes, magazine articles and TV Guide listings of original firstrun episodes of The Monkees on NBC (the last 2 items in the form of xeroxed photocopies). I also have been a proud subscriber to The Monkee Business Fanzine right up to the very end.

My favorite Monkees album is Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones, Ltd.. My favorite Monkees songs are "Randy Scouse Git", "For Pete's Sake", "Star Collector," "She Hangs Out" (Part 2), "Tear The Top Right Off Of My Head," "Tear Drop City," and "I Don't Think You Know Me". My favorite episodes of The Monkees TV series are "Mijacogeo" (a.k.a. "The Frodis Caper"), "The Monkees On The Wheel", "Art For Monkee's Sake",

I was a fan way back when -- when the original shows were on TV. Yeah, I'm that old, but they are all a few years older!

I actually fell in puppy love with Davey Jones even before the Monkees. I saw him on Broadway, playing the Artful Dodger in the musical Oliver. He was so sexy and "alive" that I've never forgotten his performance. The only other I remember that clearly was Oliver Reed as Bill Sykes. I've heard that Davey has since been back in the musical, but now as Fagin.

Oh, one more thing: Rhino made both seasons of The Monkees available on DVD in 2003. And it is my pleasure to say I had a hand in contributing Episode Trivia from my MF&TVV to said sets. :nerd:

I was a fan back when I was in grade school and no, I'm not that old. I think they showed reruns on Nickalodeon. I was definately in love with Davy Jones but only the one on the show, not the 40 or 50 something year old that he was at the time. After Davy I fell in love with Jordan Knight who was closer to my age.