bio_ziering.jpgbio_burke.jpg

NAME:

Ian Ziering

PROFESSION:

TV & Broadway Star

PARTNER:

Cheryl Burke

BACKGROUND:

One of the stars of the hit TV series Beverly Hills 90210, actor Ian Ziering also played a supporting role in the movie Domino, and wrote, produced, directed and starred in the short film Man vs. Monday.

NAME:

Cheryl Burke

ACHIEVEMENTS:

2005 World Cup Professional Rising Star Latin Champion

U.K. Championships

4th in U.S. in the Under 21s

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Ian Ziering

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in: New York

BACKGROUND:

Cheryl is the only two-time winner of Dancing with the Stars. Cheryl and her partner singer Drew Lachey stole the show on Season 2 and sensationally won the competition. Season 3, Cheryl was partnered with football legend Emmitt Smith, and together they won the competition.

Growing up in San Francisco, California, Cheryl came from a family who all loved to dance. At four years old, she began taking ballet lessons and performed throughout the Bay area until she was ten. It was at that time that she discovered that ballroom, "wasn't just for old people" and decided to change her focus. She hung up her ballet shoes and began training in both standard and Latin. By 13, Cheryl was competing and traveling all over the world.

ABC

1st Dance Opinion: He seems eager to please and happy to be there. Has potential to grow dance-a-cly.

It almost seems unfair that Cheryl keeps getting all these talent men to pair up with but, I love this pair too. Ian seems to be working his butt off for this and he's got some raw natural talent too. Would love to see them at the end. But, I have so many favorites this year that I'm not sure I'll feel the same way in a few weeks.

It's too bad he messed up at the end (even I noticed something went terribly wrong there) but, the rest of it was fun to watch. And, was he this cute, sexy when he was on 90210... I don't remember him being "all that" but, now :blush: ooh la la

• 3 weeks later...

I really like Ian and he seems to try really hard. I do agree with the judges though, there is something missing... too technical and not enough passion for the dance, i think.

I keep looking for what the judges see as stiffness and if there is it seems so minuscule. I think they are pretty tough on him. I wonder if it is because Cheryl won the last 2? I doubt it but they are so much easier on Heather, John, Billy and the others with all their faults.

I came in here to read about Ian, since I am a 90210 fan lol, but I havent watched this show. I have a question... do they always bring the winner back to participate again? Just seeing you guys say that Charyl has won twice.. I kind of think thats unfair, but like I said I dont watch the show so I woudlnt know. TIA

I really like Ian and he seems to try really hard. I do agree with the judges though, there is something missing... too technical and not enough passion for the dance, i think.

You must be swayed by the judges comments because I don't see why they're so tough on him. I agree with others here that Cheryl may be the reason. I think Ian is getting a raw deal. The judges are actually nicer to John, Billy Ray and Heather and they're not nearly as good dancers as Ian.

I think you might be right... they are much harsher on Ian than any of the other dancers.

I came in here to read about Ian, since I am a 90210 fan lol, but I havent watched this show. I have a question... do they always bring the winner back to participate again? Just seeing you guys say that Charyl has won twice.. I kind of think thats unfair, but like I said I dont watch the show so I woudlnt know. TIA

Cheryl is the dance instructor. They use the same dance teachers over. Some teachers leave and some stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Reality may have sunk into Cheryl Burke last night that she will not be a 3-time champion. She will probably be in the bottom 2 for the first time also. And with Billy Ray's huge fan base and near misses every week, I wouldn't be surprised if Chery & Ian are eliminated tonight. I feel sorry for Ian. For some unknown reason the judges are extremely hard on him. His criticisms seem less deserved than some of the other dancers. Not a good sign.

Yes I bet Ian and Billy are in the bottom 2. I have noticed that the judges seem to be really hard on Ian. He is probaly not as good as Joey, Apollo and Liala but LOTS better then Billy.

I feel really bad for Ian... the judges are unfairly harsh on him. I honestly believe it's because they don't want Cheryl to win again this year. It's unfortunate that they're not judging him equally because he tries soooooo hard and you can tell it's difficult for him to give so much every week only to be slammed. I give him props for keeping an upper lip and not stooping to Billy Ray's level of bashing back.

Cheryl won the last two for a reason, she has the ability to bring out the best in her partner. She can't be blamed for that. With the female "stars" always going out so early, I think it would be an interesting twist to see them spend some time with some of the female stars. I have a feeling someone like Cheryl or Edyta could bring out that spark in the female's that the guys can't.

Cheryl won the last two for a reason, she has the ability to bring out the best in her partner. She can't be blamed for that.

Cheryl's last 2 partners have also been huge fan favorites from the beginning. Ian doesn't have the fan base of Drew Lachey or the charm of Emmit Smith. We already know dancing ability is not all that brings home the trophy. Cheryl definitely has an uphill battle this season. And with Joey & Apollo doing as well as they are, I wouldn't bet money on Cheryl this time around.

Nope, I wouldn't bet money on Cheryl alone, it does take a good partner. I have to wonder about the whole fan base thing though. I might be wrong, but based on my own kids, who are of that NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, boy band age group, I find it hard to believe that that many of them really watch this show. I coudl be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. It just seems to me that the draw is more to the middle aged female population. No doubt about it, it was Emmit's charisma and that killer smile that first drew me to him. IF and this is a major major IF, Cheryl ends up in the final 2, its because of her own popularity with the fans

Well, don't forget that many of NSYNC's fans have grown up right along with them, me for example. I'm the same age as Joey and am still a fan of NSYNC after all these years. They have a loyal fan base and are continuing to support the group in their endeavors.

I don't think Cheryl has to worry about winning this season. Ian, as others have said, does not have the fan base that Drew (who was also a boy bander) and Emmitt had. He should have, by all accounts, been in the bottom 2.

Ian is such a stand up guy. He gave it his all and his last Elvis dance was really fantastic. He left with such grace. I am so impressed that he has such a good relationship with his father. I will miss him.