bio_ratzenberger2.jpgbio_sliwinska.jpg

NAME:

John Ratzenberger

PROFESSION:

Actor & Author

PARTNER:

Edyta Sliwinska

BACKGROUND:

Ratzenberger's most prominent recent work has been as host and producer of John Ratzenberger's Made in America, and as author of the new book, We've Got It Made in America: A Common Man's Salute to An Uncommon Country. The beloved actor starred in the classic television series Cheers and in ABC's 8 Simple Rules. He is also the only actor to have voiced a role in all of Pixar's feature films, including Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars and the upcoming Ratatouille.

NAME:

Edyta Sliwinska

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Emerald Ball Latin Amateur Champion

1st Place - 2001 International Grand Ball (San Francisco)

1st Place - 2001 Holiday Ball (Las Vegas, Nevada)

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

John Ratzenberger

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: Polish

Based in: Los Angeles

BACKGROUND:

Edyta partnered boxing champion Evander Holyfield in Season 1 when they came fifth. In Season 2 she and George Hamilton also came fifth. During Season 3, she partnered actor Joey Lawrence and they came in third place.

Edyta comes from a working-class Polish background and has made many sacrifices to pursue her dream to become the world's greatest Latin dancer. She misses her family greatly but feels she is on the road to stardom in the dancing world so the sacrifice is worth it.

ABC

1st Dance Opinion: Cliffy Delivers!!!! He was impressive for....ahhhh...an old guy with only 2 week notice. :cheers:

His birthday is April 6, 1947.

Very impressive for his age.

I thought he did well, and yes, more on the charisma than anything.

What strikes me is how nervous he seems while the judges are speaking -- as if he expects to get slammed.

ooops I said Billy Ray was at the bottom but I think as cute as John is he probably had the worse performane. Now that being said I think there are no really really bad dancers this season.

He has a great attitude but, I'm just not feeling it. Should be the 2nd to go, imo.

Well he is probably the worst or second to worst dancer. In my opion those people should go before a good dancer. That Master P or whoever that kept staying last year was just wrong. (was that last year... short term memory)

Oh I agree completely about Master P. But he didn't want to be there, and would not even try. And those voting to keep him in did it for a joke, not because they thought he was so great. Or, they hated the show, and thought the disrespect he showed it, really funny.

I do want to see the really skilled dancers do well, but that isn't really how this show has ever worked out. It's a combination of skill, charisma and their ability to sell it.

I don't think John should win, but I can't fault him for being 'the old guy', and not being able to do the splits, or whatever...

I'm think back last season to Mario, who was without a doubt an excellent dancer -- but I couldn't stand him.... No matter how well he danced, I didn't really enjoy watching him.

I don't vote-- don't really care who stays or goes. This season is the first one where I can say I'm enjoying all of them, and would like to see them all stay to see what they can do.

I don't think John will be the one to go though-- not tonight anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He was a nice guy. Does anyone know how old he is. They keep talking about him like he is OLD OLD but I thought he was only in early 50's.

Anyone know?

Hmm -- I believe this has been discussed -- maybe even earlier in this thread, but I think he's about 60-62--- something like that.

I enjoyed him-- but it was either him or Billy Ray, if you really want to keep the best dancers on. I wish Billy Ray had gone first, but he ought to be gone by next week.

If he was born in 1947 and this is 2007, that would make him 60, 59 if he hasn't had his birthday.

Well they talked to him like he was so so old and I wonder if he took affense. He is younger then Cher and many celebrities that you do not call old. Just saying....

They do everyone like that, they kind of underdog anyone who's older or in Heather's case, has a disability, or like Clyde, can't dance a like, so that everyone will like them and vote to keep them around, IMO.