bio_porizkova.jpgbio_mazo.jpg

NAME:

Paulina Porizkova

PROFESSION:

Supermodel

PARTNER:

Alec Mazo

BACKGROUND:

As the former face of Estee Lauder, Porizkova was once the highest paid supermodel in the world of fashion. She was featured on the cover of several magazines, including the Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Issue for two consecutive years. This spring Porizkova releases her first work of fiction, A Model Summer.

NAME:

Alec Mazo

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Emerald Ball Latin Amateur Champion

1st Place - 2001 International Grand Ball (San Francisco)

1st Place - 2001 Holiday Ball (Las Vegas, Nevada)

Six-time U.S. National Finalist

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Paulina Porizkova

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in: Los Angeles

BACKGROUND:

Alec has been dancing since he was five years old. Alec moved to America from Russia with his family when he was 12. His mother ran a dance studio, and today Alec runs two ballroom dance schools, one in San Francisco Bay Area and another in Los Angeles.

Alec and his partner Edyta only turned Professional in 2005, having been successful amateur Latin competitors for the previous five years.

Alec has also studied acting at Playhouse West. He has appeared in the Vanessa Williams movie Dance With Me as well as numerous commercials. He has a BA in Cognitive Science from UC Berkeley.

ABC

First Dance Opinion: Moose and Squirrel Must Dance! She is funny and beautiful. I look forward to seeing her evolve as a dancer.

2nd Dance Opinion: I think Paulina found her inner latina or at least her tourist to Havana...I really like this couple but fear that she could be one of the 1st to go based on voting blocks. She is not the best of the dancers, but I think she will continue to grow if given time in the competition.

I really like Paulina, she reminds me of a the "everyday" person who would go out and try to ballroom. We would be a bit awkward most of the time, moments of pizzazz, and most of all doing it for the fun and exercise of it all. Love her sense of humor and being as beautiful as she is... not a stuck up biatch. :animated_rotfl:

For personality, Paulina is my favorite. The girl cracked me up with that line last night about not finding her inner latina but "channeling an American tourist in Havana who had one mojito too many". Who knew how funny she was?