bio_ohno.jpgbio_hough.jpg

NAME:

Apolo Anton Ohno

PROFESSION:

Olympic speed skating Gold Medalist

PARTNER:

Julianne Hough

BACKGROUND:

Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Apolo Anton Ohno sets his sights on another trophy to add to his collection, the Dancing with the Stars Mirror Ball. As a short-track speed skater, Ohno has a total of five Olympic medals, tying him with Eric Heiden for the most medals of any U.S. Male Winter Olympian.

NAME:

Julianne Hough

ACHIEVEMENTS:

International Latin Youth Champion

Junior Blackpool World Latin Champion

United States National Latin Youth Champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Apolo Anton Ohno

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in: Salt Lake City

Status: Currently has no partner, recently completed the Dancing with the Stars National Tour

BACKGROUND:

Julianne grew up with her 10 siblings in Utah. A born entertainer, Julianne has always loved singing, dancing and acting and at the age of 10 she left her home and family to move to the other side of the world to live and train with her coaches in London. Julianne has grown up around (and worked with) adults from a very young age. She admits that she grew up early, and when she moved back home to Utah at 15 she found it very hard to fit back in to high school.

After graduating high school Julianne moved to Los Angeles to pursue her dreams of acting, dancing and singing. She landed a role as a dancer on ABC's game show Show Me The Money, and shortly after joined the Dancing with the Stars tour as a company dancer. When DWTS dancer Kym Johnson injured her arm, Julianne stepped in as her replacement and has been Cha Cha cha'ing across America with Season 1 DWTS competitor Joey MacIntyre.

Julianne is the youngest (and only) American dancer to have become both International Latin Youth Champion and Junior Blackpool World Latin Champion. She was also Assistant Choreographer on Gwen Stefani's Wind It Up video.

ABC

1st Dance Opinion: I have to agree with sgarza, Apolo was surprisingly good. He quickly moved toward the top of my favs for the night.

They are just the most adorable pair... This is one of the couples I'm rooting for to win.

These guys are fun! I'm not that crazy about him -- I mean, I admire all he's done and everything-- but no school girl crush here... he's not my type, even if I were some sweet young thing....... (I'm a sweet middle aged thing!) But speaking of sweet young things, his partner is just beyond adorable, isn't she? I really like this couple.

Well, she was the choreographer for that quick step they did, and I enjoyed that more than any other quick step I've ever seen. I don't usually enjoy it that much when they do the quick step, because no one seems to do it right. Not that I know, but from what the judges say... but last night they were quite positive with everyone.

These guys were my favorite though! It is hard to believe she's only 18. I love it when she's yell at him, then turn and give the camera that sweet smile.

I absolutely LOVED this dance tonight and I thought the judges were waaay off.

• 3 weeks later...

They're such a fun team to watch and they're always entertaining. I agree about the chair though... seemed Apollo didn't have enough rehearsal time or something so, they had him sit down to cut down choreography... it seemed anyways. Still a great performance though!

The Yankees lost last night but I didn't even care. Apollo brought down the house. Damn I could watch him all night. He was so forceful in the pasa doble. Wow. This kid is all in. . . holding nothing back. Oh yea. . . and he's so cute too.

Both dances were FANTASTIC. He really gives it his all. That Julianne is just so impressive with her dancing and coreography. Hard to believe she is only 18 years old.

Geeeeez this final DWTS stuff is really nail biting. It is so hard to believe that they were in the bottom 2. I thought they had a bigger fan base. This couple is just so hot. It is a tough call between Apolo and Joey as to who should win.

I really think he deserved a 60..not a 59. I think that the expectation for him is a littler higher given his athletic history. There's no way that two other couples managed to get a 60 last night, and not him when clearly he's better. It's bullshit really.

I totally agree with you. I think people are passing her through because of who her father is. I even think Ian is better than she is! I would have loved to see and all male top 3. This is the first time since Drew that I'm excited about the men.

Tom Bergeron announced that there would not be a final 2 this week. So we have no way of knowing which of the 3 remaining couples got the least votes. They still needed to have a dramatic ending so one couple had to be pitted against Cheryl and Ian. I think it was probably random. . . nothing to do with the number of votes they received. That was my impression, anyway.

Elle quote: "I think that the expectation for him is a littler higher given his athletic history."

Yeah.... what's with that ?

He's a speed skater.... not a figure skater. sheeesh

those 2 are perfect together...

and yes that one dance was a little raunchy - - - but they did Raunchy with such perfection ^_^