bio_mills.jpgbio_roberts.jpg

NAME:

Heather Mills

PROFESSION:

Charity Activist & Campaigner

PARTNER:

Jonathan Roberts

BACKGROUND:

United Nations Goodwill Ambassador, activist for Adopt-a-Minefield and advocate for animal rights, Heather Mills will be the first contestant to compete with an artificial limb.

NAME:

Jonathan Roberts

ACHIEVEMENTS:

2004 USA Rising Star Latin Champion

2003 Blackpool Rising Star Latin

1997 USA Rising Star American Ballroom

2 times undefeated USA pro-am 10 dance champions

3 times undefeated USA pro-am Latin champions

2 times USA pro-am American Ballroom champions.

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Heather Mills

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in: San Jose, California

BACKGROUND:

During Season 1, Jonathan partnered supermodel Rachel Hunter into fourth place. In Season 2, Jonathan and his partner, journalist Giselle Fernandez finished in 8th place.

Jonathan started dancing 11 years ago, at the age of 20. He is one of the few competitors representing America who was actually born in the United States.

Coming from a big sports background in high school (namely basketball), it was as much of as shock to Jonathan as it was to his family and friends when he discovered a passion for ballroom dancing. Jonathan went to see the Al Pacino movie Scent of a Woman and there was something about the famous tango scene that struck a chord. He took advantage of the free ballroom lesson offered on his movie ticket stub, and the rest is history.

With his first partner, Jonathan won the 1997 USA Rising Star American Ballroom before deciding to focus on the Latin style.

Jonathan Roberts has been dancing with his current partner (and wife) Anna Trebunskaya for six years. Although only having danced together for a relatively short time, they have achieved many high placements in competitions around the world.

ABC

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Dance Opinion: I think that a higher power was keeping me from seeing this performance cause I had to step out of the room right before she started, returned right when she was finishing and was not TIVOing this because I am TIVOING 24. So, I will go with my pre-conceived notion of her - that I fear she will do for Dancing what Charla has done for the Amazing Race...nothing but annoy me.

She was okay, I think everyone was watching to see if her leg would give out on her, or worse, come off. But, is it just me, or are they trying to put her in underdog status? IMO, they are, to make her a crowd favorite and to boost ratings, much like Jerry did for them last season. And how many times are they going to mention her leg? I'm sure she's sick of hearing it and doesn't really want to be thought of as the handicapped lady competing. She should be treated just like everyone else.

She is the one in all her interviews that says she wants to show that a person with handicap can do it. She wants to give hope to others. Promoting her handicap is HER idea.

After watching the little preview clip before her dance...

I was AMAZED at how graceful she was able to appear.

..... I"m giving credit - where credit is due.

(having a hard time visualizing her doing some of the dances to come)

I know it's a dance contest ....

but I didn't care for comment about looking like an ice cream sundae.

I don't recall anyone ever criticizing the costumes.

It tainted my opinion of her.

Silly -- but real.

guess I'll put my 4 cents in (inflation)

If someone picks out the outfits for the show.... they sure picked a real stinker for her.

I would have wanted to make a MUCH snider remark about it.... where DID they dig it up from ????

just my opinion (and not a humble one)

I agree with SlowPoke. That costume was hideous, and it was so uniquely (and weirdly) different from anything like the others were wearing. I don't blame her for commenting, because I kept thinking the same thing every time I saw it.

I know it's a dance contest ....

but I didn't care for comment about looking like an ice cream sundae.

I don't recall anyone ever criticizing the costumes.

It tainted my opinion of her.

Silly -- but real.

That is a very ignorgant statement! :animated_scratchchin::animated_scratchchin::animated_scratchchin::animated_scratchchin::disgust:

She was simply stating the obvious - most of those "costumes" are dreadful!

I think she is a very brave girl for attempting this. :animated_shocking::clap:

IGNORANT! not IGNORGANT! sorry

OK when it comes to Heather I am trying to be fair. When I was in 5th grade and for many years after I was a huge Beatles fan and a big fan of Paul McCartney. I really admired the marriage he had with Linda. What a love story. I really don't know what happened to the marriage between Heather and Paul. I am trying not to dislike Heather because that is not fair......

I'm working on it.

Hey that is what we are here for..... OPINIONS. We are not always nice here.

Over on the Billy Ray thread I posted he looked like crap and needs a makeover.

Not stupid at all.... I have dissed people for less...

WHY? Why say your opinion is "tainted" because she critized her costume?

and to say you have dissed people for less.... does that make any sense?

Why not give her credit for doing something very difficult for any one who is able bodied, let alone with one leg! I think she is very courageous!

Past marriages, disabilities, etc. aside ......

Part of the Ballroom Dancing experience (for me) is seeing what they are wearing and how it compliments the dancing.

I just noticed that the gown she wore looked like something Queen Elizabeth would have worn about 50 years ago.

I just noticed that the gown she wore looked like something Queen Elizabeth would have worn about 50 years ago.

My point exactly! Why wouldn't she critize her costume? For this statement to "taint" someones opinion is so ridiculous; I don't know how to respond!

WHY? Why say your opinion is "tainted" because she critized her costume?

and to say you have dissed people for less.... does that make any sense?

Yes, it makes complete sense, anyone with a shred of common sense could see that...

Yes she is a very very very rich courageous person.

Yes the gold digger is rich now!!!

I thought this show was called dancing with the stars..... Why is she there??? She's no star, just a waste of a prosthetic leg...

Yes she is a very very very rich courageous person. (naw I don't really see the courageous)
So much for working on trying to be fair, eh Marty? ;) heh, heh, I'm just messin with ya...actually I'm in the same boat- I already have preconceived notions about her that are tough to shake...

Yes the gold digger is rich now!!!

I thought this show was called dancing with the stars..... Why is she there??? She's no star, just a waste of a prosthetic leg...

Ooh, watch out, King! Margaritta is going to be gunning for you in large pink or blue font...but I think you rather enjoy it, now don't you? ;)

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just don't care for Heather. For all the good she is doing, I am not feeling the warmth. In an odd way I am feeling like I am being exploited (this may be more of how the producers are approaching the one leg aspect of it).

Maybe KingofReality is touching on it with the gold digger aspect or maybe it is along the lines of Marty with a certain sense of loyalty to Paul/the Beatles. But to me she is like"aluminum foil on a filling" or "long nails to a chalkboard" or "a pea in my potatoes" (you get the drift)...