Joey Fatone And Kym Johnson

bio_fatone.jpgbio_johnson.jpg

PROFESSION:

NSync Star

PARTNER:

Kym Johnson

BACKGROUND:

The musician/actor/star of Broadway was a member of one of the most popular singing groups of all time, *NSYNC, which holds the records for the most albums sold in a single day and week. He has since starred in the movies My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Cooler, and in the Broadway musicals Rent and Little Shop of Horrors.

NAME:

Kym Johnson

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Former Australian Amateur Ballroom and Latin champion

Finalist U.K. Ballroom Championships at Blackpool

Burn The Floor world tour

Dancing With The Stars Australia - Seasons 1, 2 and 3

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Joey Fatone

STATS:

Style: Latin and Ballroom

Nationality: Australian

Based in: Sydney

Status: Dancing with the Stars Australia Champion, Model, recently on the Dancing with the Stars National Tour

BACKGROUND:

Kym partnered talk show host Jerry Springer during Season 3, where they finished the competition in 5th place.

Kym began ballroom dancing at the relatively late age of 15 when she was dragged along to lessons by her brother who decided it would be a good way to meet girls. She soon got the bug and it wasn't long before she was dancing competitively.

Following her retirement from professional ballroom, Kym then broke into stage with the world tour of Burn The Floor. Other highlights of her successful career include dancing at Elton John's 50th birthday party and appearing in the hit movie Strictly Ballroom.

ABC

Joey was awesome tonight! He's in my favorite group, so you know I've got to cheer him on! I called and voted 5 times when the show first started, before anyone even performed!

1st Dance Opinion: Loose the Leisure Suit Look...because some snarky person could play with "FatOne" and make a weighty comment. You were good but you were in a boy band...so you should at least be able to move in time to music.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time anyone has said anything about Joey's weight. And the fact that he makes fun of himself makes him that much more likeable.

Better last week but, still good this week. I like to watch the pairs that look like they're having fun and they have talent. I'm rooting for them too.

Len didn't like when Joey did that little dance where he made the face, but he has to understand, Joey's a clown!

I wasn't as impressed as the judges were but, it was good.

I liked it! He stayed serious when he needed to, and added a little silliness when he could get away with it. i thought the comments about "his bum" were funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Joey Fatone Spills His Dancing Secrets

by Deborah Starr Seibel

070423interview2.jpg

Joey Fatone

Dancing with the Stars favorite Joey Fatone opens up to TV Guide about losing weight, panic attacks and his old 'N Sync pal Justin Timberlake.

TV Guide: It looks like you've lost some weight. How are you doing it?

Joey Fatone: I'm on NutriSystem. I started about two weeks prior to the first rehearsals. I lost about six pounds those first two weeks. And then when I started dancing with Kym [Johnson, his professional partner], the weight really started coming off. I was 235 pounds when I started. Now I'm 216. It's pretty cool to see my stomach get smaller.

TV Guide: What's the difference between the physical demands of touring with 'N Sync and DWTS?

Fatone: When I was with 'N Sync, it was demanding to be rehearsing constantly. But this? You're doing it every day, and it's a different dance every week. That's what's really crazy about the whole thing. You're learning these routines and steps that my body is definitely not used to at all. It's intense.

TV Guide: Is there one dance you really want to learn?

Fatone: Anything that doesn't have to do with ballroom

Thought he really went for it last night... let go of any inhabitions and danced his booty off. I was thoroughly entertained.

Joey's 1st dance was toooo much.... bravo

but, my TV sound must have been out of sync with the picture for the 2nd one.... seemed like they were just a fraction behind the music .... :huh:

I thought Joey and Kym were phenomenal last night. Both dances would have got a 10 from me. :)

I was so happy and impressed with Joey and Kim last night. They deserved their high score. I noticed that Kelly was in the audience (I'm sure she's been there everynight) out there cheering for her man.

So happy they are coming back next week. I'm also nervous. Next week, alongside Billy Ray and Karina, someone who hasn't been in the bottom 2 before will have to go in. And then once BR is gone and it's down to the top 4 teams, it's going to get crazy. I hope Joey has the momentum to keep going until the end. Right now, I feel that he can top out Ian, but not so sure about Laila and Apolo.

Their dancing was just fantastic. They are really going to be fighing for the top for sure. I think they may be the team to beat. I really noticed last night now much weight Joey has lost. WOW.

I think you're right marty... they're the couple to beat. :)