bio_drexler.jpgbio_grinenko.jpg

NAME:

Clyde Drexler

PROFESSION:

NBA Hall of Famer

PARTNER:

Elena Grinenko

BACKGROUND:

Named One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History, "Clyde the Glide" was a member of the 1992 U.S. Olympic Dream Team. He began his career in 1983 with the Portland Trailblazers and retired in 1998 with the Houston Rockets, a team he led to the 1995 NBA Championship.

NAME:

Elena Grinenko

ACHIEVEMENTS:

2006 World Rhythm Champion

2006 Emerald Ball Open American Rhythm Champion

2006 American Ballroom Challenge - American Rhythm Champion

2005 Yankee Classic Champion

2005 World Cup finalist

2005 Masters Gala finalist

2003 All England Champion

2003 Ohio Star Ball Champion (Closed North American Championship)

2003 Philadelphia Dance Festival winner

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Clyde Drexler

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: Russian

Based in: New York

Status: Competing with Tony Dovolani in the American Rhythm section.

BACKGROUND:

During Season 3, Elena partnered journalist Tucker Carlson, who was eliminated after week one.

Elena began dancing Russian folk, ballet and ballroom at the tender age of seven. Under strict and often brutal Russian instructors she quickly became a champion and by the time she was eight, she was the best ballroom dancer in Moscow for her age.

Driven by an insatiable ambition, Elena was a Junior Soviet Union Finalist in all divisions of ballroom dancing. In 1994, whilst competing in the youth category, Elena won the Moscow and National Championship titles in the Latin Division. That same year, she became a world semifinalist in Latin, a national finalist in standard and national champion in the 10-Dance category.

After graduating from high school in 1995, Elena was accepted into the very prestigious Russian Art Academy where she furthered her study of dance.

At the age of 21 Elena left her family and motherland behind her to pursue her dream of dancing in the United States. She now lives in New York.

ABC

1st Dance Opinion: Hmmm is it me or does it appear to anyone else that Len may have a little bit of crush on Clyde...but I tend to agree with the judges that he has lots of potential and he could be amazing if he "opens up" and doesn't hold back because of his height. He seems really sweet and is a smile waiting to happen.

These two are interesting for me to watch since the height difference is about the same as in my earlier marriage - a 16-inch difference. We never pursued such dancing. Seems difficult for such height to "loosen up" under such circumstances. We'll see.

He's just too awkward to watch. But, I love that he's trying and not giving up... should go soon but, I hope it's not first.

I thought it was his best dance yet... but, that's not saying much at all.

I feel bad for him. They were kinda harsh. He just doesn't look that great on the dance floor. He did pretty good though I though considering.

• 2 weeks later...

We need this thread updated. Clyde finally went bye bye. I am amazed that he lasted this long. That just goes to show that he had a strong fan base, but eventually it wears out as the better contestants begin to draw away votes.

Billy Ray should be very afraid...John Ratzenberger too for that matter.