Episode 1.23: How to Stop an Exploding Man (Season finale)

Jem

Episode 1.23: Title Unknown

Airdate: May 21, 2007

• 03/09 - I hear there's a good chance [Clea DuVall, F.B.I. Agent Audrey Hanson] will pop up in the May 21 season finale. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of heroes-tv.com:

How to Stop and Exploding Man (May 21, 2007)

In the two-hour season finale, we'll meet a Paris Hilton-like blonde woman in her late 20s, an Asian woman of the same age group, and a male model. Also, Audrey Hanson is set to return this episode. This episode also involves the apocalyptic arc.

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 1x23 - "How To Stop An Exploding Man" (1 Hour Season Finale)

Air Date: May 21, 2007

Show Cast: Milo Ventimiglia, Ali Larter, Hayden Panettiere, Greg Grunberg, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Masi Oka, Santiago Cabrera, Leonard Roberts, Adrian Pasdar, Tawny Cypress, Noah Gray-Cabey, Omid Abtahi, Cristine Rose, Ashley Crow, Randall Bentley, Jack Coleman, Thomas

HEROES RISE AND FALL IN THE SHOCKING SEASON FINALE WRITTEN BY EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/CREATOR TIM KRING AND DIRECTED BY EXECUTIVE PRODUCER ALLAN ARKUSH

'Heroes' finale delivers big resolution, smaller cliffhangers

Courtesy of USA Today:

April 22, 2007

As NBC's Heroes shoots climactic scenes from its season finale on a downtown office plaza, the blood tie between characters is literal. It's on their shirts, pants and shoes...

On a windy, chilly L.A. night, Arco Plaza has been remade as New York's Kirby Plaza (a tribute to comic-book legend Jack Kirby), complete with a police car, subway entrance and parking meters. An unusually large number of Heroes actors, often working in smaller groups on parallel story lines, have converged for scenes that feature gunshots, confrontations and an impressive display of superpowers.

Along with those scenes, fans are getting creator Tim Kring's promise that Heroes' main story, the nuclear holocaust, will be resolved this season. "In this pod"

Courtesy of EOnline's Kristin Veitch:

Spoiler Alert: Don't read if you don't want to know. I'm told that the bomb will go off in the season finale but how and when it happens will prevent the loss of a mass of innocent life. Anybody get the connection yet of why Nathan was running toward Peter in the scene of the bomb's explosion?

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of MediaVillage:

On the syndicated late-night radio show Loveline, actor Greg Grunberg, who plays the telepathic policeman Matt Parkman on the NBC-Universal series (airing its finale at 8 p.m. Monday, May 21), chatted with host Dr. Drew Pinsky about what's coming up on the show. The season-ender, he said, will "set up the second season perfectly." One main plot turn will see the cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere) having to choose between "someone she loves and saving thousands of lives."

Broadcast previews

Canadian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeUS-QSmRVM

American: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SPWvxNq9tUc

Look carefully, and you will see ALL KINDS of interesting details in there!

Like, Sylar asking Ando "where is Peter Petrelli", Claire jumping out a window to get away from Nathan and his mother. Peter talking to Simone (in a dream or flashback?), Angela talking with Simone's father Charles (similarly in a dream or flashback?), Mohinder with a bleeding Matt Parkman, as well as everybody looking up skyward, and much much more.

Like, Sylar asking Ando "where is Peter Petrelli", Claire jumping out a window to get away from Nathan and his mother. Peter talking to Simone (in a dream or flashback?), Angela talking with Simone's father Charles (similarly in a dream or flashback?), Mohinder with a bleeding Matt Parkman, as well as everybody looking up skyward, and much much more.

Interesting! Buxomb, both of those previews seem identical to me. I don't see any clip with Sylar talking to Ando...am I missing something? I'm hoping somehow Ando comes out of this alive! Another interesting thing to note is that the preview shows a very much alive DL but in last night's episode it looked like he died. :animated_scratchchin: He also can be seen in one of the photos Jem posted (yaay, Jem! :animated_wave: ).

Sorry, Kayo!

I posted 2 versions of the American one, when I accidentally replaced the Canadian with a better quality American one.

So here is the Canadian one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeUS-QSmRVM

(I've edited my other post with the proper link already, too.)

If you blink while watching it, though, you'll miss seeing Ando, at about the 5-second mark of the clip. Sylar has him telekinetically pinned up against the wall, it looks like (in Kirby Plaza?). You can see him over Sylar's right shoulder, as they both face the camera (and Peter?).

Ah, much better, thank you! I wonder if the clip of Hiro running with his sword outstretched is him trying to save Ando in time...oh I hope so...

The Canadian clips are so much better in regards to spoiler info!

:clap: Buxomb, you continue to amaze me! You are so unbelievably thorough. :2thumbsup:

After watching those soundbites, my vote for the ultimate spokesman for Heroes is Greg Grunberg. He just absolutely LOVES being on the show!

It kind of belongs more in "Heroes in the Media", BUT there is just so much spoilery information in it regarding this episode, that I thought I would put it here instead.

(Source: http://www.canmag.com/nw/7728-heroes-seaso...e-adrian-pasdar )

Heroes has shown us over the course of a single season that we can never be sure what to expect. With one episode to go before the year ends, the show seems to have fatally wounded three characters. Adrian Pasdar, whose Nathan Petrelli character is instrumental in the apocalyptic explosion that the heroes are trying to prevent, gave us the ultimate politician's tease of the final episode.

Adrian Pasdar Campaigns for the Season Finale of Heroes

"Questions do get resolved in a huge way," said Pasdar. "I have a big part in the end of the final decision making in the last few moments of the finale which all those questions that are posited in the pilot are answered almost to a T in the finale. It's a beautifully structured finale. I think I did remember at the offices there saying reading the first pages of the script, I couldn't tell any of the scripts on penalty of being removed from the entire project. So keeping that in mind, there are really wonderful moments at the very end. I just looped 22 and 23 the other day and I got to see the final bit. It's just mind blowing. It's stunning the way it's all put together."

Not only will the finale wrap up season one, but it will also bleed into season two. "It does posit a brand new place that season two will pick up with. I can't talk about where. The very end of the finale is where season two will pick up. It shows you a good three minutes or two minutes or so of where that's going to pick up and I don't think anybody's going to guess where. It's a very, very interesting place."

With characters getting knocked off on an almost weekly basis, even Pasdar can't confirm whether Nathan will stick around for year two. "I hope to be there. I think I'll be there but like I said, earlier somebody asked me this question. I signed on to do Heroes and I wound up being on Survivor. I'd like to stick around but if and when it's time for me to go, I'll be just better than happy to be part of a terrific season of TV."

Should Nathan remain, it is likely to be in a less than politically powerful capacity. That could be a big adjustment. "I think that's going to be the journey. From what I can tell, there is going to be a little bit of a story of redemption, having to pay for the sins, not just of the father, but of the pseudo father, and of the choices that he's aligned himself with. From what I can tell, without being too specific, that will be the question. How do you handle who you are, without the ability to pick up a phone and get anything you want? If you can't even put money in a phone, or you don't have a cell phone, I think you find yourself sitting on the city streets talking to yourself, perhaps with Christopher Eccleston. Wouldn't that be wonderful? I think you're going to find it's a completely unexpected place that you think Nathan might end up, after the choices that he makes in the very last three minutes of the finale, that are going to lead to the story of what's going to happen to him in Season 2. I'm combining hypothesizing with the little bit of information that I do have."

Heroes airs Mondays at 9 on NBC.

Should Nathan remain, it is likely to be in a less than politically powerful capacity. That could be a big adjustment. "I think that's going to be the journey. From what I can tell, there is going to be a little bit of a story of redemption, having to pay for the sins, not just of the father, but of the pseudo father, and of the choices that he's aligned himself with. From what I can tell, without being too specific, that will be the question. How do you handle who you are, without the ability to pick up a phone and get anything you want?

:animated_scratchchin: hmm, very interesting! :animated_scratchchin:

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 1.23: How to Stop an Exploding Man (Season finale)

Airdate: May 21, 2007

• 05/16 - "The bomb" is a [highlight if you want to be that spoiled... series regular, male and was in the pilot.] Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

Nathan redeems himself (and dies?), Peter explodes (although I'm sure he'll be back in once piece next season), Hiro becomes the hero he was destined to be, Matt Parkman makes the ultimate bad judgement call (I mean, come on, this is SYLAR we're talkin about, Matt)and Sylar is mortally wounded and crawls into the sewers to spend some quality time with his cockroach buddies...oh, and we learn that there is someone MUCH worse than Sylar roaming around out there :fear: . I wasn't crazy about the Molly character and thought her lines were a bit cheesy, but all in all, a great season finale. My favorite parts? Peter talking to Simone's dad in a dream and the ending/Season Two beginning. The ending was absolutely perfect!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Heroes

by Megan Cherkezian

May 21, 2007: Nothing Is Inevitable

"You saved the cheerleader so we could save the world."

Well, I have to say, after all that waiting for this massive explosion, I did not expect Nathan to save the day. And I will not assume anyone is dead for sure, but that finale certainly left quite a bit open for next season. I was most confused about Hiro landing where he did