Hometown: Brentwood, TN

Audition City: Memphis

Favorite male pop artists?

Stevie Wonder, Jonny Lang, Donny Hathaway

Favorite female pop artists?

Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight

When did you first start to sing?

7th Grade

Do you have any formal singing training?

Yes

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

macy grey type voice top 2 but will we get another black winner? i dont know if the producers are america wants this

Not even close to Macy Grey... :animated_scratchchin:

Love Melinda... predict top 2.

Macy Gray? Are you serious? Her voice is NOTHING like Macy's....Melinda is SO much better!

Most embarrassing moments?

Crying EVERY time I advance another round

My only concern for her, is that she's going to have to control this or she may start annoying some people. Just saying thank you and getting off the stage is her best bet for longevity...oh that and singing her brains out, which she has absolutely no problem doing.

GO MELINDA!

If Melinda doesn't win AI, someone will pick her up. She's too good not to have a recording deal out there. The thing about AI is that it gives exposure for people who may not otherwise have the opportunity. Case in point, Chris Daughtry (from my state, whoo hoo!). Taylor Hicks won, but Chris is doing much better than he is. Chris had offers from Fuel to be their lead singer before AI was even over. Course he turned it down and is doing very well on his own.

Absolutely right, Sharonda. Melinda's career is just beginning--no matter what happens in the rest of AI.

She's got it made--and about time, after all that back-up stuff that she did.

Wonder who she was back-up for?? Clearly someone who isn't, and won't be, as famous as she will be!!

I've heard a lot of people, including the judges, predicting a girl will win this year. Could most likely be Melinda, Lekisha or Sanjaya.

:huh: Sanjaya???? You're kidding, right?

:bag: Duh. I need to pick up my brain and get it back in my head...thanks for the enlightenment, Cajun. :blush:

3/13

not impress felt like she was a granny singing

she can sing but tonight wasnt her best

tonight she sounded like a back singer