Jordin

Lakeisha

Melinda

Sabrina

Stephanie

Gina

Haley

Antonella

Here's to Sanjaya and Antonella leaving at the end of the week!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the guy stink. chris another ace but yet he get praise

they should send all eight home and bring back 4 girls

not impressed tonight...they have a long way to go if they want to win

If I had to pick 3 they would be Brandon, Chris, Blake

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the post-hockey Men's Top 8 Performance Night! Eight guys are left, only six will make it into the top 12. They take the stage. You take control. This is American Idol!

The pressure is on as the guys have one last chance to make it into the final round. The ladies have ring side seats and the judges are back for more action. Not only will this week decide the top 12, but on Thursday, one of the most important events in Idol history will be announced. But first, the Idols were asked to reveal something about themselves.

Blake Lewis loves improv comedy and character acting, and Halloween. Singing All Mixed Up, the vocals got off to a shaky start, but rebounded when the tempo picked up and the jam set in. The performance catered to his strengths with a little reggae and hip-hop. Randy said this was the first to have some really modern music. Paula said it hard to make an audience interested in a song they don't know, and it worked. Simon didn't understand a word he sang, but he stood out by making it current.

Next up is Sanjaya Malakar, who can actually hula (dancing, not hoop). Singing Waiting On The World To Change, it was not a strong performance but it was not as bad as in the past. With the earring and long hair, he looked a bit like a girl from certain angles. The vocals kind of got away from him toward the end. Randy said it lacked energy and he hasn't returned to form since the audition. Paula thought the competition was pushing him to be better, but he needs to get outside of his the comfort zone while retaining his energy. Simon said it wasn't as good as last week, but this is a singing competition and being popular can only take you so far.

Sundance Head jokes he is thin in real life but wears a fat suit on TV so he can lead a normal life in the real world. Singing Jeremy, the intent was to bring some light Jam to the stage but for me the performance (and the vocals) fell a little flat. Randy said he had some pitchy spots, but it was good to give Pearl Jam a southern twist. Paula said midway though he pulled out his southern roots. Simon said he lost his charm this week, a generic bar singer shouting his song. Simon had no words for head's hair.

Taking the stage is Chris Richardson who was 40lbs heavier when he played football in college. Singing Tonight I Want To Cry, it was a slower pace that required a well controlled vocal for an effective performance. He did not quite pull it off, or maybe it is just the texture of his voice I don't get. Randy said he put his own twist on it and is in it to win it. Paula said he has great intonation for pop country. Simon said he is not jumping out of his chair, a bit nasally, a little bit timid and safe but he sold it.

Jared Cotter played Division II college basketball, but quit to do music when he realized he wasn't good enough for the NBA. Singing If You Really Love Me, he tried to give his own take on Stevie with vocals that did not excite me. But most of all, wearing a sweater with an untucked shirt just was the wrong vibe for the song. Randy said he gave a solid performance, it actually was good. Paula said he needs to work on coloring up the way he sings; there are tender moments when he needs to go into falsetto and times he his shouting the lyrics. Simon said it wasn't very original, lacking the Wow factor.

On stage is Brandon Rogers is also a classical piano player. Singing I Just Want To Celebrate, he finally found a song that fits his voice. It was by far his best performance, but could have used a little more melody and he ran out of breath at the end. Randy said he had more of a rock edge, but kind of got lost at the end. Paula said it was phenomenal, something they had not heard yet in the competition. Simon said he did not represent himself well for one of the better singers and the song was not memorable.

Phil Stacy once had long hair but got into a group that had short hair, but he didn't like short hair so he shaved all off. Singing I Need You, it was a weak start that picked up midway through but still was just a bit off throughout. Randy said he needs to work on his lower register. Paula said it took a while to find his comfort zone. Simon said he didn't get it, from the hat and big eyes, the whole choice of song was odd.

Last but not least is Chris Sligh, who had short hair for a long time until he shaved it all off then decided to grow it out, and it is not permed. Singing Wanna Be Loved with a southern vibe, he provided the best performance of the evening, with strong vocals and stage presence, including the trademark carrying of the mic stand. Randy said it was not his favorite song choice, but he gets the vocal prize of the night. Paula said he needs to rise above, and this song was middle of the road. Simon said it started off well, but then he started shouting in the middle, but he has done enough to make it though.

The judges said only 4 of the guys deserve to be in the top twelve. Who will America choose? How will the ladies do on Wednesday Night? What is the major Idol announcement? Check it all out on Thursday's Live Results Show!

Fuskie

Who places Blake and Chris S. in his top two of a really weak field..

if blake and chris was on any other idol season they be gone by now. it sad these two bad singers are best of the bunch in eyes of most folks not uvp thou

Sanjaya's smiling, passionless rendition of Waiting for the World to Change was absolutely horrid. He just HAS to get booted! My second choice would be Sundance or Phil, who I normally thought would make it to the final twelve, but after that unbelieveably poor song choice (and hideous hat!) he could very well go home.

The guys are just so bland this year when you compare them to someone like Chris Daughtry.

I bet you're right, crappy.

I have two daughters, one 13, and one almost 11. My 13-yr. old and her friends don't find anything attractive about Sanjaya, and they all say he's a terrible singer (well, duh...).

My 11-year old and her friends think Sanjaya is "SO cute"...So looks like maybe there are a lot of 11-year-old voters??

Jeez, I remember back when this used to be a SINGING COMPETITION!!

i liked brandon and chris s. both should stay. sanjaya.....see ya sissy boy! cripes! he could have been his sister last nite! looking like a girl......

and phil stacey.......please. i don't know how you made it past the original auditions, but someone needs to tell you to NOT WEAR HATS! they make your head look like a pin and they bug your eyes out(i agree with simon!) sundance, you RUINED pearl jam. wtf did you do to your hair? can we kick three guys off this week?!

Another weak week for the guys. So, except for Blake, Chris and Chris... I don't care who leaves. (Although, if the cosmos is in place Sanjaya would be eliminated first.)

What was up with the guys last night, very boring to say the least. Who in world is voting to keep Sanjay on the show, is a mystery to me. I will be shocked if he makes it on to the final 6 guys, but it has happened before.

The best guys (and some girls, too) were left out of the top 24.

OK, Sanjaya needs to go if for no other reason than his Hula dancing. . . although first I really need to know what hair products he used last night.

Phil Stacey is just scary to look at. I've had nightmares on the past 3 Tuesday nights. Coincidence. . . I think not.

Sundance was flat almost the entire song, yet it was best-of-the-night Chris Sligh who suffered the judges wrath (except Randy). I feel like I'm in bizzaro world watching this show. Do the judges watch the same show we do at home?

My 11-year old and her friends think Sanjaya is "SO cute"...So looks like maybe there are a lot of 11-year-old voters??

That's gotta be it, Yath. I'm hoping the hula thing scared them off.

Sanjaya is like so many Indians that I have met, very kind and very meek. He must learn that such a demeanor simply doesn't work in music -- especially the pop culture.

He should take a few years and build some power into his voice. Maybe then he can follow the likes of Tony Bennet.

And in the meantime -- I'm hoping all those young girls switch over to Chris R. I know I would at that age.

Phil Stacey is just scary to look at. I've had nightmares on the past 3 Tuesday nights. Coincidence. . . I think not.
LOL :animated_rotfl: Most definitely not!

I've heard in the past about a American Idol sucks-type website where they encourage people to vote for the worst singers just to screw things up. I can't find it, but wondered if anyone knew anything about it. If there is such a thing, that would definitely explain Sanjaya and Antonella making it this far...and maybe even (gulp)farther? That's really sad, if its the case, because it's definitely not fair for those who should have the opportunity to move on.

If I had a choice, I'd only send Chris S., Blake, Chris R. (although he's pretty nasal for my taste), and Brandon into the final twelve and have the rest be girls. I'd love to see them change up this rule for next season.

If I had a choice, I'd only send Chris S., Blake, Chris R. (although he's pretty nasal for my taste), and Brandon into the final twelve and have the rest be girls. I'd love to see them change up this rule for next season.

"It's a singing competition... It's a singing competition!! Right -- ok -- so then why can't they do this? Why does it have to be equal number guys and girls. It should be the best singers. Period.

I mean, most of these guys are not very good. And this is the best of the guys??? Do the judges not know what they're doing anymore, or is this really the best?

I've been reading posts for awhile and thought I would join in. For me this season I am finding it hard to get behind any of the contestants. I do like a few of them but don't really care at this moment what happens. Just to let the post above know the website is votefortheworst.com. They have been voting for Sundance and Antonella.

I think I'll give this season a pass. I'm finding it just too annoying to watch.

I'm bound to hear the results anyway, so I think I won't put myself thru any more Sanjaya et al...

yep one of the worst idol. the girls for me the only reason to watch. alot of great talented girls

Heard a Rumor about what Ryan was teasing us about for Thrusday Night. In fact it could be that they are not going with the orignal format of six guys and six girls. Not sure this is going to be true, Idol has a tendancy to put things out there to keep everyone guessing. As Simon says this is a singing competition and six of those guys are just not making it happen. So why not put the best people thru and stop this gender thing going on.