Episode 3.18: D.o.c. (jin-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.18: D.O.C. (Jin-centric)

Airdate: April 2007

There are no spoilers for this episode yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOIELRFIX

Episode 3.18: D.O.C. (Jin/Sun-centric)

Airdate: April 2007

• 03/11 - "LOST" was filming in downtown Honolulu again, this time near Chinatown. They set up along College Walk and North Kukui St., near a Taoist temple and within view of assorted Asian architecture. It was along the river, or canal, that borders downtown. They were filming a busy street scene with background extras crossing a bridge, including a cop in a blue shirt and a white hat. Pigeons scattered on cue. The focus of the scene was Yunjin Kim, or "Sun." She approaches a middle aged Asian woman leaning against the low wall of the canal. Sun pulls an envelope out of her bag, and hands it to the woman. The woman eagerly starts to open in, but Sun clamps it closed. They talk. Sun pushes the envelope sternly into the woman's hands, turns, and walks away. Source: The Transmission [Note: Pictures can be seen here.]

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from Daniel Dae Kim's MySpace page:

Hey everyone-

I know it's been a while since I last posted. I've actually been busy finishing up the latest Sun and Jin flashback, entitled 'D.O.C.' (but some of you knew that already(!)). Thanks to all of you who asked me about it.

This one was a tough one I have to say. After we finished shooting all of my flashback scenes, a few days later we found out that there was a problem with the film. After much debate and investigation, it was decided that the only solution was to go back and reshoot all of my scenes. ALL OF THEM. Not the greatest news for an actor - or anyone with the show - to hear. We were all really happy with the footage we got the first time, so to have to re-shoot was a little heartbreaking. On top of that, we had some heavy rains in Hawaii this week, so our outdoor work got delayed as well. Double whammy. I guess that's how it goes sometimes when you're filming in paradise, right?

Thankfully there is a happy ending. In he end we went back and got everything we needed to, and in some cases, the scenes might even be a little better than the first go round. Either way, I think fans of Sun and Jin will be happy with this one. I know I am.

It's scheduled to air April 25 in the States. Hope you'll all tune in.

Cheers everyone, and much mahalo (thanks!) for your continued support.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of Kristen at EOnline:

"The upcoming episode "D.O.C." explores Sun's pregnancy, and I'm told the initials in the title stand for "date of conception." The flashbacks in the ep include more scenes with Sun's father, Mr. Paik."

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.18: D.O.C. (Jin/Sun-centric)

Airdate: April 25, 2007

• 03/30 - Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz reveal: Sun is going to learn interesting things about what happens to pregnant women on the island and when she does learn these things, it's going to impact her relationship with Jin in a profound way. We will find out that Sun has a secret feat that she is hiding from Jin, and that will not only be voiced, but answered. [During the Jin and Sun flashback,] you will get a taste of them as newlyweds and kind of see where he was before he started to be Mr. Paik's head henchmen. Source: Lost - The Official Magazine, Issue #10, May/June 2007

Courtesy of WCHS Channel 8:

After learning that the Others

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly:

April 13, 2007

"The April 25 installment-building on the recent disclosure that women who get pregnant on the island appear doomed to die

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was more a Sun-centric show than a Jin-centric show... not that it really matters... lol

I thought the same thing, Cecimom. I'll check the other boards to see what they listed it as and see if I should change it, although I guess it doesn't matter now anyway!

Beginning with an "Oops!" and ending with a "What?!"...an almost flawless episode with MORE questions and MORE answers. I love this show!

Thoughts I'm pondering after viewing this mind-boggling episode:

Mikhail is alive! But was he ever really dead? Could he have possibly had some sort of implant like Claire did, one that the fence set off to make him appear dead? Was he almost dead but the island healed him? Is it not Mikhail, but someone different? :animated_scratchchin:

What did parachute woman really say to Mikhail, instead of "thank you" like he said she said? Well, I scoured the boards and found the answer. She was speaking in Portuguese and said... "I am not alone." Okaayy...who came with her? Penny? Mr. Widmore? :animated_scratchchin:

I did find it very interesting that she spoke three different languages at first: Spanish, Chinese and Portuguese. Then later she spoke perfect English. I also found it very interesting that she had a flare gun in her bag. So she must have been planning to have someone find her. And who comes running right away- Mikhail. With no gun, no weapon of any kind. And he was very surprised to see the Losties with parachute woman. Was he the one who was supposed to meet her? It just seems too oddly coincidental that both she and he spoke different languages and that he could understand her when the others could not (shades of Mrs. Klugh). I'm just not trusting this woman yet...was she sent by Penny or is she some sort of a plant by Dharma or The Others? :animated_scratchchin:

Anyone else feel guilty for being happy that it's Jin's baby? I found myself almost cheering at first and then realized what this spelled out for Sun. So did they figure that she had two months left from Juliet's calculations?

My hunch about Juliet seems to be true with her little "I hate you" comment directed at Ben after she turned off the tape. I seems as if she's only helping him to fulfill her own all-consuming desire to get off the island. I don't think she is in cahoots with The Others, rather she just wants to GO HOME. Which leads me to the next question...

So just what IS going on with Jack? Writers, please don't make Jack working with The Others, please? Could Jack be working for Ben for the same reason Juliet is- unbeknownst to each other? Oh I hope not.

What a wonderfully mysterious, shocking and humorous ending all rolled into one...my favorite kind! Is she lying? Does this have something to do with Desmond's whole time travel thing? Do we have two time lines going on, perhaps? My brain is going to explode...where's a Sylar when you need one? ;)

Did I mention that I love this show? :wub:

And one other :animated_scratchchin: , Kayo --

Could Kate be pregnant?

Or is Juliet just thinking the odds are pretty good?

This writers of this show are certainly becoming masters at cliff-hanger endings!

How could I forget that- you're right, Katydidit! The scarier question is...can you actually picture Kate with a baby? Scary thought indeed...although it would definitely be a good-looking kid, what with Kate and Sawyer's genes. ^_^

It was such a great episode, left my mouth hanging open at the end, my first thought is are they all dead and this is some sort of afterlife?? I hope not as that would be boring! lol

Thank you for the translation Kayo, hmm I wonder who she came with and where they are?!

I really hope Kate isnt pregnant, just dont want to see her in that storyline. I also really hope Jack isnt working with the others, and I am hating him not being with the real losties, I understand him spending time with Juliette, but I dont like it! lol

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Lost

by Sabrina Rojas Weiss

April 25, 2007: Immaculate Conception

I think we have paragraphs to say about the last sentence or two of the episode, but I'm not sure how much I can contribute about the rest. This is the extent of the notes I took: "Oops. Mikhail?!? Kwon. $100,000." Not to knock Sun and Jin. I think they're interesting characters, and I enjoy the many layers of their relationship. But I didn't really get too much out of this backstory. Yes, even I, who get my back up every time someone starts whining about "not advancing the story" was unsatisfied. What we learned from the flashback: Jin's mom was a whore, and now she's a blackmailer. Sun knew more than she let on about her dad's work. And it's basically her fault Jin had to become her dad's thug. As a Westerner, I really don't understand why "shame" is such a powerful motivator in their lives (then again, the whole show is written by a Westerner, so this concept could be an exaggerated Western view of Eastern values and thus off the mark, but I digress). Anyway, Sun had to have an inkling about the price Jin would have to pay for that little envelope, and somehow it was still worth it to shield him from the truth about his nasty mama. Seems to me she should have just ripped off the Band-Aid. Regardless, I do enjoy these scenes of the early days of their marriage. Daniel Dae Kim makes my heart go aflutter when he's being all sweet and romantic (not to mention when he's delivering a swift kick in the head to a Russian spy).

Back on the island, I was so proud of Sun for getting all in Juliet's grill. The woman deserves some answers! Excellent acting by both actresses, of course. I never once could tell whether Juliet really did care about Sun's health, or if she was faking the whole thing in her magnificently three-faced way. I mean, it was obvious she was going to be reporting some sort of stats to Ben, but I still bought that she was really upset to see those women die and didn't want to give Sun the same sentence. And when she said "I hate you" into the tape recorder, it seemed to indicate that she's still just working for him because he's either promised her the next boat out or promised to hurt her sister if she doesn't.

On to the Boy Scouts, their paratrooper and the return of Patches. I knew they couldn't introduce a quirky character like Mikhail and kill him off without so much as a good torture scene or two. Parachute girl (in the credits, she's named Naomi) is still a vague puzzle for now

I guess I was the only one hping Sun was going to lock Juliett in the hatch when she went back in. Then again, I'm hoping that at least once the losties will have the upper hand.

I thought it was odd that Sun never asked what the others did tothe pregnant women. She just accepted Juliett's "They just died." Although I like Juliett's character, the smirk is completely under my skin and I'm wanting her smacked. I don't know why.

The previews look great for next week.

Any fans of the show Vegas in here?

I could swear that parachute girl in LOST is the one who played the "adopted" daughter in VEGAS, then returned to England in search of her real father.

I haven't scoured looking to match actress names yet, and probably will wait until we get more of her face/voice.

Did anybody else find her familiar?

Although I've never watched the show Vegas, I did a search and you are correct!

Marsha Thomason was, indeed, on the show Vegas!