Any Suggestions?

Kelegyrl

I'm finally going for it. I filled out my application for BB8 and i'm filming my audition video this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do in the video to differentiate myself? The video can only be two minutes long so there isn't much time to show unique character. Can anyone think of anything short, yet unique to include?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Kele, You'll definitely have to give us the exclusive of the progress if you are accepted.

My suggestion is to show that you are willing to do what it takes to win in competitions, and anything else you can think of.

Hey, WTG Kele!!

I think try to be funny, and think of something you've been involved in--some contest you've been involved in (school, whatever) that you did well at. Pick out your strongest traits, give examples, and don't be afraid to lay it on.

Also, they're big on the "simple folk" theme (e.g. Chicken George).

Are you a farm girl?? Now that would work.

Simple down-home girl that's done well for herself, because she's determined...!!

Keep us posted!! I'd love to hear about the process.

Guest JanetD

There are never any fat girls on Big Brother. So to differentiate yourself from the norm, try putting on a few pounds

Kele, i think you have as good as chance as anyone. try to show them you're unique and show them how you could create confict without saying..."I would creat conflict because...." maybe if your high school boyfriend took you to a white supreamacy meeting or something like that to get their attention. i wouldn't juggle or do summersaults or anything like that. if you can find audition videos from past contestents that might help lead you in the right direction. i have to give it up for anyone who has the guts to try. good luck.

Show some boob!

Only kidding. Congrats - this is exciting news.

Ya gotta be spunky. They like spunky and wacky and footloose and quacky!

Oh, just be yourself and add some ooooommppphhh to it. Good luck and break a leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished my applicationa and am slamming my head up against the wall about the tape. Two minutes is not very long. I am thinking of doing ten different things and then editing them into a montage. BTW, if I get on BB, it will take all of me not to talk to you guys while I am in the shower or otherwise alone. I'll be all "Whoever is on the late night watching shift please post this letter from inanimate objects to the HGs for me".

Congrats again. Here's to hoping. I usually watch the late night in my bed so I'll be more then willing to post that stuff for you. They won't fish/fire you unless you mention a site by name and we all know who you are.

Good luck Kelegyrl - They say to be yourself, so show yourself as you are. They will find out who you are eventually anyway...

Was it last year that I had to laugh at the "team picture" before they moved into the house? (Thinking now, no - It was the year before) But every one of them was showing off a Colgate smile. The picture was like an advertisement for toothpaste.

Showcase your smile my friend...

OK, so I finished my video and am pretty happy with it, but now I see they are doing a casting call about an hour away from my house. Anyone know the "rules" on sending in an app and going to an open call? Is that allowed? Also, any opinion on which way is better for getting noticed? Kele...is there an open call near you?

I say do it ALL the ways possible. Get them to notice you, If it's against any rules I'm sure someone on the production staff will let you know.

Can't wait to see you on TV this summer!!!

Take one of those portable DVD players with you and your Audition tape....

Then you can play the tape for them in case they didn't see the one you sent.

.... and wear something that everyone agrees makes you look great and expresses your personality

i wouldnt go to an open casting call. there are so many people that show up, they rush you and then they stand you in front of the camera and ask questions... while all the other people waiting are 10 feet away making it hard to concentrate. and when you go to open calls you have to answer their questions fast..so if you are the kind of person that likes to ponder a moment... open calls are not good. plus, i dont think your personality gets shown as well as if you do your own tape.

best bet is to send in your tape.... around April 3rd.

• 3 weeks later...

Tapes and applications are being considered with a deadline of this Friday April 13th...

but it's up to the producer and Allison (new producer) is said to have possibly extended the process a little bit for the new season.

Also in a 25 minute call I had with Dr. Will and Mike Boogie, they were talking about "knowing your Role".. don't try to be something you're not or try to imitate others that have gone before. If you have something to bring to the table or the feeds.. bring it but if it's 'fake' it will come through on camera and you may not get in. Also from Chip McAllister (Chip and Kim winners of TAR 5) was saying to me as well at the last West Coast TAR Finale' last December that the tape should be about the way you can tell a story or narrate.. not about what you CAN do or what you've done in the past but how you are in communicating your desire to be on the show.

As to the rules of casting calls vs mailing in the tapes.. it's good to be seen but don't push it and go by their requests as it'll be one of those.. if you can't follow the 'rules' of production outside of the house.. you're not going to be one of those that can be handled once inside.. And I agree.. mailing it in is much better. You get slammed through the Casting call process where more time is spent with the Mail in Apps and Videos. Keep it fun and keep it real.. and hope it's real fun for you and us both!!

PS... Howie on his interview did a dance for them (he recently played it for us on his User Plane IChat one night.. is talking about adding it to a DVD) .. and Mike Boogie did an orig Rap song incl names like Les Moonves (CEO CBS) and others.. and Kaysar didn't even do one as it was Michael his buddy that submitted the application and Michael told the studio about Kaysar for the season 6 secret buddy series.. It's all very diverse so would be fun to see what people put out there!!

:)

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. I had forgotten that i even started this thread. I did the tape and am working on the final edit tonight. I hope it's not too late. I don't know exactly what they would consider hot but i'm 5'2, 135lbs and wear a D cup. And yes i did show a boob. :animated_rotfl: It was one of those drinking moments that i was filming in a boat in a bikini. I debated about taking it out or leaving it in the tape and i pretty much decided to leave it. It'll probably end up all over the internet, but what the hell. :animated_scratchchin: Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and wish me luck. And if, by chance, i get in i will definitely remember you all in shot outs.

• 3 weeks later...

hey dumblonde,

getting on that show doesnt constitute having a life!!!! anyone on this site who thinks is gonna make it on that show is as dumb as you are!!!! TRUST ME!!! I wouldnt lie to you lol

Archived