Episode 3.10: Trisha Tinaka Is Dead (hurley-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.10: Tricia Tanaka is Dead (Hurley-centric)

Airdate: February 28, 2007

• 11/06 - Thie episode features Dave a charming and affable Latino man aged between 40 and 50. Source: SpoilerFix.com

Another "Dave" in a Hurley-centric episode? Veerryy Interesting!

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPIOLERFIX

• 11/29 - On November 28, they turned a fast-food restaurant in Hawaii into a Mr. Cluck's Chicken Shack. So it's safe to assume we will see Hurley at work in his flashback. Source: SpoilerFix.com's visitor Valerie
  • 11/22 - I just found out that Cheech Marin has been cast as Hurley's dad. He'll appear in the big guy's next flashback episode, slated to air Feb. 28. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of Kristin on E! Online:

• 2 weeks later...

• 12/21 - Crazy Frenchwoman Rousseau (Mira Furlan), meanwhile, is back on Feb. 28. That episode will also have Hurley finding a junked car -- for reals, that's what it says -- on the island. Source: Zap2it

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of ABC:

Hurley

• 3 weeks later...

• 02/13 - Daniel Dae Kim reveals: "Jorge

Courtesy of TV Guide-Michael Ausiello

February 21, 2007

I received an advance copy of Lost's Feb. 28 outing, in which Hurley discovers a wrecked car on the island! Not only is this a great episode of Lost, but it's a fun one to boot. Remember when Lost was fun? You know, before those mean Others came into the picture? Well, happy days are here again when Hurley enlists Sawyer, Jin and Charlie to help him get that metal wreck started. Sawyer, meanwhile, sets a new record for most pop-culture references uttered in a single Lost episode. In addition to a Little House shout-out, the con artist formerly known as James Ford name-drops IHOP, Hooked on Phonics and Skeletor. Rocky III even gets a little plug, but that one Sawyer can't take credit for.

...I'll also tell you that the aforementioned Feb. 28 episode of Lost also features a touching scene between Hurley and "Libby" and marks the return of a certain four-legged castaway.

Courtesy of TV Guide:

What a homecoming: After being held against his will and almost dying at the hands of the Others, Sawyer arrives back home to find his islandmates have taken his things! Well, at least they give him the chance to win his stuff back, but do you think Sawyer

Two preview clips for tonight's episode:

preview clips

Courtesy of Ask Ausiello at TV Guide

Tonight's final scene features a confrontation between Kate and someone we haven't seen since last season. (Spoiler alert! This person's name rhymes with "clench matey.") (could this be...french lady? Seriously, is that all he could think of to rhyme with this?) Speaking of Lost, did you hear that Daniel Dae Kim is in talks to play Sulu in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek prequel? How awesome would that be?

I just couldn't wait to comment. Fantastic. Last night I remembered why I love this show!

Oh the joy of relief after tumbling down the hill in that ol' van. And what an absolutely perfect song choice (Shambala, by Three Dog Night) to express that joy of survival. I don't know about the rest of you, but I was right there with 'em.

The Sawyer nicknames (for Charlie) were right on, but I most loved his discovering Jin was learning some English and said something like "Well, lookey here -- somebody's hooked on phonics." A definite LOL. And then he goes on to coach him in the three things to say to women. I half expected Jin to say "I'm sorry" when he returned to his bride. Maybe the silence was even better.

The only thing I don't understand is the title of the episode. Who's Trisha? What did I miss?

So, so, SO many things I could mention. How about you?

I thought it was a grand episode. It was light and made me feel happy. I know the Lost-oholics will start ripping it apart about, tired wouls have rotted, gas would have leaked, etc. I'm sure those same people are rolling their eyes at a Hallmark-card lost episode, but I LOVED it. I even teared up when they kept saying "make your own luck." I really liked Cheech Marin playing Hurley's dad. And the kid to play young Hurley was spot-on.

I'm half expecting Hurley to get reprimanded by Locke and company for driving the van in circles when it could have been used in the "rescue." But they'll jump that bridge when they get to it. Speaking of driving around, was I thr only one thinking the Other's neighborhood was down the hill. It all looked alike.

Great episode.

I loved it too! It made you remember why you came to care about these people. I wanted to cheer when the car started up and Sawyer and Jin jumped in for a ride. My hat goes off to the film crew for that sequence- brilliantly done!

Poor Skeletor, I mean Roger...loses his head and then becomes the butt of Sawyer's jokes. What's a skeleton to do? :animated_rotfl:

I am wondering about the map that Sawyer briefly picked up and said something to the effect of, "looks like the Dharma people were building a road". It looked to me like a tunnel. I'm wondering if this is what they had Sawyer and Kate moving rocks for. Any thoughts?

Another thing I found interesting is, that although they ended the show with Kate's revelation to Danielle about Alex, the previews for next week don't show Danielle with Locke, Sayid and Kate at all. I would think she'd be wanting to kick some major Ben-butt after that revelation!

Am I the only one that found Freckles and James conversation, which made them go back to calling each other Sawyer and Kate, a bit confusing? She said all he had to do was say he was sorry and they could wipe the slate clean (not the Little House on the Prairie one! ^_^ )...what was she referring too? I'm sorry, but they lost me there, so hopefully someone can help me out. It definitely looks like there's still feelings on both parts from the looks they gave each other later...

Thanks, King. (And thanks, mods, for shifting this to where it belonged.)

No disrespect intended, but why would they name an episode after a two-minute face? Have they done that before?

On another note.... about hope.

OK, Kate and her buddies are off to save Jack. A good thing for sure.

But I'm willing to wager that more hope/help somehow comes from Sawyer.

Remember that map (or landscape drawing) he found in the van? "Looks like they were trying to build a road." Then we never saw it again. I'm thinking Sawyer pocketed it and it will rise again another day. Don't let that be a loose end just forgotten.

:sherlockani: I LOVE maps! Can you tell? :sherlock:

I think that Kate wanted Sawyer to say he was sorry because in last week episode he basically said that the only reason that she slept with him was because she thought he was gonna die. That is just my take on it

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Lost

by Sabrina Rojas Weiss

February 28, 2007: Little Mr. Sunshine

Thank god for Hurley, dude. You knew he'd save us from last week's tortured mess, and he saved this episode from the triteness of the "you gotta make your own luck" message with a single line: "Let's look death in the face and say, 'Whatever, man.'" Sure it may mean the same thing, but it's the style that counts.

How adorable was "Young Hurley"? He really did look like him, too, freckles, curls and all. But poor Jorge Garcia looks kind of unhealthy these days. It seems like he needs more scenes running through the jungle or something. I don't need him to get skinny or anything, just out of the danger zone. So, speaking of danger, how could Hurley's mother be in denial about his bad luck? I'd think just two of the bad things that happened to him

Kayo -- I was also confused about the "I'm sorry" thing. And maybe Nemille there has the answer - that it was because of what he had said. I didn't especially think she should have requested an apology, no matter how nicely she put it. As a matter of fact, since she's the one reaching so hard for Jack, she should be going out of her way to reassure "James."

What I found even more interesting was how that thread carried through.

We later see Sawyer teaching Jin to say I'm sorry. And it was in jest. But when Jin returned and the situation was sincere, he chose the nonverbal approach rather than the english language -- and it worked wonderfully. Then we have Sawyer looking around at these couples, and not seeing Kate anywhere.

And so <insert big sigh> there he sits -- the typical stubborn but hurtin' dude. So, so, how shall I put it ... LOST?