Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

Cajunboiler

comes on after American Idol all this week. I decided to watch it because nothing else was on. These people who are playing this game need to go back to school. I didn't know all the answers but I knew most of them. The area of a triangle is equal to (1/2) base times height. Andrew Johnson was impeached by a Republican majority in Congress. The pilgrims came over on the Mayflower. Do we really grow more stupid as we become older?

this show seem stage. they never explain to us how kids or contestant got selected. show seem staged like most reality show on fox

a good concept, but think about it.........the only reason the kids know that stuff is because its being repeated every day at school. yes, i knew more than 3/4 of the answers, but there were some that i just couldn't think of! not that i'm stupid or anything, but i haven't sat in a classroom for YEARS! but i did find the show enlightening! the first guy not getting one answer right was kinda funny

BTW, you think every show is, in one way or another, staged, uvp.

pretty much lol

i dont see show making it to 2 season. the pace of the show is too slow. needs to be speed up

another reason show wont last is its to easy to reach 100000 level

Didn't know there was a thread for this show...so I will quote myself from the AI thread.

You know what I thought was funny...........on fox 5 there is a new show that premeired after AI on Tues. called "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" well on Wednes night show the contestant was Lekisha and she was as big as the Lekisha on AI. Uncanny. Let's hope the Lekisha on AI is smarter than the one on "Fifth Grader" who used every classmate (kid) to help her answer questions.

lol Lakisha - What is the largest country that borders the U.S.A - her answer, Mexico. ha ha ha SHE WISHES SHE COULD SING!

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Fox Extends Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader

The scores are in and the A+ quiz show ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER? leads the class and Thursday nights with four original one-hour episodes scheduled to air Thursdays, March 29, April 5, April 12 and April 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), in addition to the previously announced time period airings on Thursdays, March 15 and 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). Episodes also will air after AMERICAN IDOL tonight and Thursday, March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

The ratings report card for the series premiere of ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER? broke records as FOX

Well, I watched this show for the first time last night, and thought it was cute. Until I saw on the tv this morning a clip from the Disney Channel. It was a small segment during the commercial where this young boy was talking to some teenagers about a show they had done. Anyways, that little boy looked exactly like Jacob, one of the little boys I saw on the show last night. I looked on-line, and the thing on the Disney Channel is called Really Short Report, but I couldn't find names of the kids on there. Basically, this kid is an actor, which doesn't say anything to that extent in his bio at fox.com. Yes, maybe a real 5th grader, but I thought they were just regular kids, not actors.

the show staged liked i called it

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a redneck, but I like this show. I watch it with the hubster and teenage sons and we all have a blast trying to get the questions right/or not ourselves. I read that the kids in the show are not all super smart 5th graders, just average students, and they did auditioned for it, so I'm sure some, if not all, are wannabe actors. I don't mind.

I don't know how much fun it would be if the kids on the show were not smart enough to beat the adults.

Adults blanking out against little kids in a game about things they should know and losing = cute and fun. Little kids failing to know what they're being taught at the moment infront of millions=cruel, sad and unwatchable. JMO

• 5 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Fox Asks, Are You Younger Than a Sixth Grader?

If so, you might want to visit Fox.com and fill out an application to replace Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader's outgoing class of kids before in-person auditions begin this summer in Atlanta, Chicago, New York, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Fox would never see this kind of turnover if only they'd used the perpetual young'uns from The Simpsons.

Posted by Matt Webb Mitovich 05/3/07 9:28 AM

apple-logo.jpg

Casting call

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped watching the show for a very stupid reason. The reason is because the kids are in the same clothes each episode and for some reason that really bothers me. It just makes me think every episode aired was taped in a day or two.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i usually dont watch this but the guy who won the boat load of money on Jeopardy Ken Jennings will be on tonight.

225px-Mckaysalisbury_KenJennings.jpg

jmho

he won 500k then chicken out about going for million

jmho