American Idol Top 20 Shows

Cajunboiler

lmao :outfitted_pirate:

can we send all the guys home. this the worst crop of guys ever. its a shame two girls will leave when it should be 2 guys instead making 4 guys for the week. i see ratings falling for idol

Ladies and gentlemen, tonight it's all about the men performing for your vote. And this time, it's personal. This is American Idol!

Ryan Seacrest starts out by congratulating Jennifer Hudson for her Oscar, attributing her discovery to the judges.

The gentlemen are ready, the ladies in the dog pound, and the judges on the edges of their seats expecting better performances than last week. Only six guys and six girls will make the final 12, so 2 more guys will be voted off this week.

Phil Stacey goes first, dedicating Missing You to his brothers in arms. A crisp vocal, a simple outfit, it was otherwise a bland performance. Not a bad performance but one that just didn't stand out. Randy said it was hot, he showed his power. Paula said he loves her tone and can hear him on the radio. Simon is not jumping out of his chair, his voice is unoriginal, not unique.

Jarred Cotter is next, dedicating Let's Get It On to his parents. The vocals lacked the softness of Marvin Gaye, and the key seemed a bit off, but he was into the performance. Randy thought it was pitchy but liked that he took chances with the face move. Paula said he is a good looking guy, but that is the kind of song he doesn't have to push. Simon is glad he made the attempt but it reminded him of a cabaret singer on The Love Boat.

AJ Tabaldo is the third to take the stage, dedicating Feeling Good to his parents. A sultry start to a rhythm and blues song, he worked the stage and the audience with strong vocals and moves. Randy said he improved so much over last week and has skills. Paula said he has a real, real, real, real, real good voice. Simon that it was actually nearly very good, with personality.

Sanjaya Malakar is the fourth to take the stage, dedicating Stepping Out to his grandfather. The vocals were light and clear but the performance was a little rushed and the look was spoiled by the pony tail. Randy said it was really weired, like a bad talent show. Paula said it was a little strange, the pieces didn't go together. Simon called it a ghastly lunch, very weak.

Chris Sligh is the next up, dedicating Trouble to his wife. A well executed song that seems contrast with his appearance. Still there is both a softness and an edge to his vocals and he has good stage presence. Randy said it was good he returned to his big voice. Paula said he needs to watch his pitch and getting ahead of the music. Simon tonight he was a very good singer, and Simon too has been saved by a woman.

We start our second half with Nick Pedro, dedicating Fever to his girlfriend. A cool jazz take on a classically overdone song, he keeps it under control with a strong, raspy vocal that kept the mojo flowing. But there were moments where the song got away from him. Randy said it was cool that he returned to his vibe with the smoky voice; he was pitchy and rushed in spots. Paula said it was a throwback to his audition and he should just let go and go for it. Simon thought it was good but it is as much about charisma and that was lacking. And he needs a new stylyst.

The seventh idol to perform is Blake Lewis, dedicating Use The Force to his parents. Grooving to the music, he was hip and just a little breathless. The falsetto, the dance moves, and the beat box were all working in overdrive. Randy said it was so good to see him return to form. Paula said he is making smart choices and there is no one else like him in the competition. Simon the first part was copying the video, and by the end of the song his tuning went; but the middle section skat was decent.

Next up is Brandon Rogers, dedicating Time After Time to his grandmother. The song unfolded almost tentatively in an uninspired performance. The vocals were weak as was the stage presence. Randy said the song was a sweet dedication but it did not show what he got, kind of boring. Paula said it wasn't a song that needed to be over sung. Simon keeping it inside is just rubbish; you have to make a wow impact.

Chris Richardson is next to last, dedicating Geek In The Pink to his grandmother. Sauntering onto the stage, Chris put put the hip hop/boy band vibe with an up-tempo performance that wasn't the best vocally but was definitely a dance tune. Randy said Chris was in it to win it; that was hotter than the original. Paula said he should have dedicated it to Simon. Simon said it was the best tonight by a mile.

Closing the show is Sundance Head, dedicating Mustang Sally to his baby son. Back to his roots, Sundance rolled out the power vocals with an not quite foot-stomping yet outgoing performance. Randy said what a difference a week makes; he dropped the bomb on them tonight. Paula said he has to bring it like that every week; she didn't know he had range like that, his best vocal. Simon said he is glad they have the Sundance back they like, but he can still do better.

So what did you think? For me, the top performance of the night was Blake Lewis. Paula called tonight a touchdown and Simon was snapping his fingers. But it's your vote that matters. Find out what you had to say on Thursday's live results show.

Fuskie

Who thinks Nick Pedro owes his performance to his drummer...

I don't want to see these guys go tomorrow so I hope you voted. :D Sundance, Chris R, Chris S, Nick, Phil, and Blake.

Sanjaya - it's a miracle he survived last week let alone come into the top 4.

Brandon - there's no denying it. He's a good singer but I just don't like his voice and I didn't like it whenever he first auditioned

Jared - I didn't like it tonight

A.J. - He sang well tonight but Idk. ... Who is he again?

If I had to guess, I'd say Sanjaya and Jared would go home on Thursday.

If I had my druthers, it will be Sanjaya and Nick going home this week. Sanjaya is lucky he made it this far, but his voice and personality just aren't strong enough. I think he is a lock to go home...and that hat...whew.

Nick's rendition of Fever was totally uninspiring for me...especially when I couldn't help but compare it to Michael Buble's rendition...no contest.

Sanjaya was absolutely terrible. He was bad last week, and worse this week.

He stood out, that's how bad he was. Seems obvious that he'll be going, but who knows?

Yes, and Nick should be the other.

And what was with Paula last night? She was even loopier than usual.

She can be a little (?) over the top when she's sober, but when she's drinking too much of that, er, Pepsi in front of her...

I thought the guys stepped up their game this week. (Exception of Sanjaya.) Absolutely loved Blake, Chris, Chris and Sundance. I really liked Phil and Jared's voices. Any of the other 4 can go but, I think it should be Brandon and Sanjaya that get the boot.

That's 11 as I look back. Who did I miss?

You didn't miss anyone. You counted Chris Sligh twice. There are only 10 this week.

I couldn't even remember AJ's performance last week. This week he was one of my favorites. Chris Sligh did a fabulous rendition of Trouble. As hard as it is for me to say. . . it was better than Taylor Hicks' performance of that song last year. Nick Pedro has the most unique voice. He really needs to grab people's attention in order to stay. I hope he does.

Chris Sligh gets my nod for best of the night.

I think it should be Brandon and Sanjaya that get the boot.

I really hope they don't get rid of Brandon, but I am worried after Simon's comments. So worried, in fact, that I voted 15 times for him last night...and it's the first time I've ever voted! This was not because I think he is the best necessarily, I just think he is so much better than at least 4 or 5 of the other guys and want to see him continue to next week to redeem himself. I think he is still in "background singer" mode and needs to push himself to get to that lead singer status, like Melinda Doolittle has. He really has a smooth, wonderful tone and I think he'll definitely kick it up several notches if given the chance to continue.

I dunno, I guess I just like the guy and think he could be a potentially great singer. If he does make it through to next week, he'll definitely have to do something to stay in it with Nosferatu/aka Phil, Justin T.'s twin and judge favorite Chris Robinson, Chris "how did you ever land that gorgeous wife?" Sligh, and Beatbox Blake. Here's hoping. B)

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

American Idol Guys Prove They Have Talent

sundance_kid.jpg

Ryan Seacrest kicked off the top ten guys American Idol performance show by congratulating Jennifer Hudson on her Oscar win. But Jennifer Hudson turned out to not be the only winner tonight, as the top ten American Idol guys rebounded from last week and actually proved that they are a talented bunch.

In an intro segment, Phil Stacy dedicated his performance to Navy Band Southeast. Phil Stacey sang

i must be watching a diferent show but i dont see none of guys with star talent. i see alot of unique personality but no talent. on the girl side you actully see singing talent. guys are made up of no talent comedians, wannabee michael jackson, justin timberlake. the judges are giving these bum false hope for sake of saving this season

i figure that from the comments i see :animated_bouncy:

all these dedication are annoying

Last night the guys threw it down and tonight the ladies answer. Who will win your vote? This is American Idol.

This week we are trimming the numbers from 20 to 16, with 2 guys and 2 gals leaving on Thursday's results show.

Gina Glocksen leads off, dedicating Alone to her boyfriend. There was a little pitchiness, typical of a slow and low song. Nice blending with her background singer, it was good to start of with a little rock. Randy said it was a good song choice, started pitchy but she got it together. Paula said it was an excellent job. Simon said it was a good choice of song, but vocals were forced at the end but she wasn't dressed edgy enough.

Alaina Alexander is next, dedicating Not Ready To Make Nice to her mother. A little shaky at the start, she found her groove at the chorus, blending in with her background singers and then coming out strong on her own for the second half of the song. Randy said it started off good, but the pitch went away once she reached the chorus. Paula said the pitch was a little bit off, but not as bad as Randy said. Simon said, in plain English, it was like Randy taking part in a spring and running out of steam 3/4 of the way.

LaKisha Jones took the stage third, dedicating Midnight Train to Georgia to her grandmother. She took a more subtle approach, good stage presence but not pushing her performance, letting the song speak for itself, leaving the audience itching for more. Randy said he loves she flipped it up from last week; it was hot, started rough and nervous but she turned it out. Paula said to remember she is LaKisha. Simon said it was an interesting dance at the end, but she is a phenomenally good singer but it wasn't as good as last week because she didn't act like a big star.

Our fourth Idol is Melinda Doolittle, dedicating My Funny Valentine to two of her closest friends, her stylist and vocal coach. Sophisticated in dress and performance, this was a classically stylized performance that was sensual and enthralling. Randy said she came out tonight to win it; she set the mark to beat tonight. Paula said it was astounding, well phrased, differently, out of this world. Simon said that was incredible. Without question, the best vocal in the competition. He repeats his comment that part of her appeal is that she does not know how good she is.

Antonella Barba comes on to round out the first five, dedicating Because You Loved Me to her brother. The song was pitchy from the start, this performance never find outs legs. And the dress did not go with the song. Randy said she is drop dead beautiful, but the song was way too big, pitch all over the place. Paula said she made leaps and bounds from last week. Simon said most of the vocals weren't good enough.

Starting out the second half of the show is Jordin Sparks, dedicating Who I Am Inside to her younger brother. It stated a little slow but once she got off the lower register her performance took off. A little pitchy at times, but overall a confident performance. Randy she chose a good song, she went for her power even with some pitchy moments. Where she is today at 17 is unbelievable. Paula said there is something about her that is infectious, she is a talented girl, great personality, coming into her own. Simon said it wasn't her best but excellent compared to others.

Stephanie Edwards is up next, dedicating Dangerously In Love to her parents. It was an elegant performance, strong vocals with a strong finish that nailed it. Randy said she sang her face off, so much better than last week, but not original enough. Paula thinks she was fantastic and brilliant. Simon agreed with Paula that she is not just taking part in the competition but putting her mark down.

Waiting to make her mark is Leslie Hunt, dedicating Feelin' Good to her late grandfather. Sultry and sensual, this performance hooked you with the mystery and then took you for a ride on the vibe train, complete with a little skat at the and. Randy said it was a little bit pitchy side, but the a capella beginning was all right. Paula said she was back in her jazzy element. Simon said the problem was that she may get lost among the three or four other voices in the competition.

Haley Scarnato is the second to last Idol, dedicating The Queen Of The Night to her finance. An upbeat vocal, casual outfit, it was a strong all-around performance that should give voters a more modern alternative. Randy said it wasn't great for him, vocally it wasn't on point. Paula said leaps and bounds better than last week, more you having fun. Simon said she chose the song because it has more background vocals than lead, a little manic and may be vulnerable this week.

Closing the night is Sabrina Sloan, dedicating All The Man That I need to her grandmother. A sophisticated performance with strong vocals on the chorus, a voice that can do justice to Whitney. Randy said there were a few pitchy moments. Paula said she is a big contender in the competition. Simon said to not confuse power with shouting, and she shouldn't compare herself to Whitney.

Fuskie

Whose top performances tonight were from, in no particular order, Melinda Doolittle, Sabrina Sloan, Lakisha Jones, Haley Scarnato and Stephanie Edwards...

YOU PUT THOSE REVIEW UP QUICK

My quick thoughts, before the judges' comments:

Gina -- Good beat, easy to dance to.

Alaina -- Relied way too much on the background singers.

Lakisha -- Another good-sound performance.

Melinda -- Risky to do an oldie like that. Great job - really great range.

Antonella -- Bland, with a few good reaches thrown in.

Jordan -- Another one with clearly good range.

Stephanie -- Definite fire in her belly!

Leslie -- Soulful, but it didn't do it for me.

Haley -- Hot & sassy, but something missing.

Sabrina -- Another hottie, if not a bit screechy.

I think maybe Alaina and Antonella gone tomorrow night.