American Idol Top 24 Shows

Cajunboiler

Who was the best?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which guy do you think was the best on Tuesday night?

• AJ Tabaldo
    • Blake Lewis
    • Brandon Rogers
    • Chris Richardson
    • Chris Sligh
    • Jared Cotter
    • Nicholas Pedro
    • Paul Kim
    • Phil Stacey
    • Rudy Cardenas
    • Sanjaya Malakar
    • Sundance Head
  2. 2. Which girl do you think was the best on Wednesday night?

• Alaina Alexander
    • Amy Krebs
    • Antonella Barba
    • Gina Glocksen
    • Haley Scarnato
    • Jordin Sparks
    • Lakisha Jones
    • Leslie Hunt
    • Melinda Doolittle
    • Nicole Tranquillo
    • Sabrina Sloan
    • Stephanie Edwards
  3. 3. Are you someone who actually votes via phone or text message or do you just let other people vote?

• I vote
    • I don't vote

Okay, we saw the top 12 males perform tonight and I pretty much disliked all of them. I do like Blake Lewis, Chris Sligh, and Phil Stacey. I'm rooting for those three. I don't know how Sanjaya made it into the top 12 guys so I'm predicting him to leave on Thursday along with Rudy.

I never really liked Paul Kim's voice or Brandon Roger's voice... but I think a lot of other people do (and I don't know why) so I bet they'll stick around.

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season6/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this may be worst idol ever. i seen no stars tonight. only guy that stood out was hispanic who look like he was having a great time. the stage fright is very high this year. bad cast selection. looks like a girl will win this year

I thought that was definitely the worst top 12 men ever. Hard to believe the judges thought these guys were the best there was.

I liked Phil the best, and I also liked Brandon and Blake---but not like these guys were superstars or anything; they just stood out because they were so much better than some pretty bad ones....

This will be particularly annoying if the girls are a lot better as a whole, and we have to give some good female singers up in order to keep the numbers even.

I thought there were a few, no make that a couple, highlights... Blake Lewis and Chris Sligh. Seemed there was a few good voices but, they either picked the wrong song or were too nervous.

If I got to pick the two to go it would be Sundance and the guy that quit last hollywood season. My alternate would be the second guy to sing... can't remember his name but, his voice sucked.

Anyways... here's to hoping the girls can make this a competition.

I thought the best part of the show was the tiff between Simon and "sweetheart."

Did you notice that at the close of the show Ryan didn't thank Simon or say goodnight as he did for Paula and Randy?

There seems to be a real disconnect bewteen those two.

Katy, I picked up on the weird vibe between Ryan and Simon too.

And CeCi, it doesn't really help if the girls "make it a competition". There still has to end up with 6 guys and 6 girls---at this point, hard to think of 6 of those guys last night being in the final 12.

My favorites last night: Blake, Brandon and Chris....Phil was great at the end, but that beginning...oh man. That and, well I just can't help it- the guy's face kind of creeps me out so I have to close my eyes when he's singing.

my least favorites...Sundance, Rudy and .....Kim (can't remember his first name). I'd give Sanjaya another chance just because he was so nervous and had an absolutely HORRIBLE song choice (Simon's comment was perfect!).

Who I think will go home- definitely Sundance and one of the other mediocre guys not listed in my favorites.

I agree with Yath....it's really hard to think of 6 of those guys making it to the top 12. It really is stupid to divide them 6 and 6 when there are so many better girl singers than guys. The show is all about picking the best singer, not being "fair"!

Totally agree about Phil, Kayo... I have to close my eyes too. He's like a mix of Sinead O'Connor, the "vampire" from the OLD, silent black & white movie (can't remember the name of it) and I guess I could add a bald Brittany Spears to that list too... hahaha. I tried to concentrate on his eyes, cause they are gorgeous but the dome was just too over powering. Grow some hair or wear a hat dude... LOL

I also, feel the same about Sanjaya... can anyone say "sister sabatoge"... LOLOLOL Anyone that has ever watched this show knew exactly what Simon's comments were going to be, duh!

Overall it was not a good night for the guys. I was wondering if the viewing public is just so much more critical, because we now have higher expectations of these kids. That or we have become judges ourselves, now that Simon has educated us............LOL

Blake Lewis' song choice was amazing. This guy will be untouchable if he keeps choosing unique songs like that. The beat box thing turned me off in the beginning, but he was my favorite last night, by far.

Phil creeps me out too. I'm sure there was a stylist somewhere screaming at his TV last night.

Nick Pedro was boring, but I do like his voice. And the "Vote for Pedro" thing made me laugh. I'd like to see him get another chance.

Sundance has gone downhill since his audition. I hope he self destructs. I didn't think he should have made the top 24 with the horrible time he had during Hollywood week.

He's like a mix of Sinead O'Connor, the "vampire" from the OLD, silent black & white movie (can't remember the name of it)

LOL, you're right! He does look a bit like Max Schreck from the old Nosferatu film!!

copyofnosferatzk8.jpg

YOU ROCK KAYO!!! That is EXACTLY who I was thinking of... thanks for finding the pic and the title of the movie! My dad (big movie buff too) and I have been trying to recall that title all day :unsure: ... I kept saying, "it's something like Nostradamus" lol, was sorta close. :D

Definitely agree with the above.

But there was also a doll (of sorts).

From a LONG time ago (I think).

It was a guy

made of rubber

maybe 6-7 inches tall.

Had ears that stuck out

and little beady eyes

that popped/bulged when you squeezed it.

Anybody remember this thing -- it's driving me crazy!

To be serious for a moment, I think the way we hoped Elliott would have his teeth fixed, we hope Phil will have his ears pinned. If he's going to remain shaved, that is. Pixies just don't come in 6-foot sizes.

This is what you missed last night. Ladies and gentlemen and all of America, it is time for the girls to take the stage. This is American Idol.

Last night it was the boys turn, and some did better then others. It was a pretty good start, but the judges pulled no punches in their comments and criticism. But tonight they sit in support of their ladies as they compete for the first time live before a world-wide audience. Thursday night, 2 guys and 2 gals will be voted off the show.

First, a review of the guys

The girls totally put the guys to shame tonight!! I'm seeing the top six female finalists already: Lakisha, Melinda, Stephanie, Jordin, Sabrina and Gina...that is, unless one of them totally blows it or thousands of guys vote based totally on the "hotness" factor.

Based on performances, I think Antonella will be going home unless...well, see above. The other one will be one of the ones I didn't mention above...take your pick. ;)

I remember those squishy doll things, but I don't what they were called...but, yeah, there is a resemblance! ^_^

:animated_rotfl: I sooo know that doll you're thinking of katydidit but, I can't remember the name of it either. :animated_scratchchin:

Well, I do think the girls made this a competition, even if it's just among themselves... and a couple of the guys. LOL

Glad you added the poll cajun! :) I voted for Blake Lewis and Sabrina but, it was hard to choose between Sabrina, Lakisha and Melinda. They were definately my top 3 girls. Also, I voted that "I vote" but, I don't start until top 12. (Well, okay I voted one lil vote for my 7 year old Tuesday night. She only saw the first 6 before she had to go to bed so, I had to vote for Chris Richardson... but, it was only one vote so don't shoot me... hee hee Not that I didn't like him because I do, he just wasn't my favorite)

As far as last night goes, I also liked Leslie and Stephanie but, not at the same level as the 3 diva's.

I hope Jordin, Nicole, Haley and Gina get a 2nd chance and between Amy, Antonella and Alaina... I hope 2 of them go!!!

I totally agree with Randy... this year there should be about 4 guys and 8 girls to the final 12... ugh, won't happen this year but, maybe they'll see this is a stupid rule and change it for next year.

They have GOT to change that rule, and it's never been more clear than this year. The girls were SO much better than the guys---wasn't even close. There's absolutely no way that 6 of those guys deserve to go thru, and probably more than 6 of the girls do deserve it.

It won't really affect this week's vote--relatively easy to pick two guys and two girls, but after this week I can see it getting totally unfair, with some of the better girls leaving way before some of the weaker guys.

Did they always have this 12 guys-12 girls thing? I seem to remember when they just picked the top 24, and that worked SO much better....Or maybe I'm thinking of Canadian Idol.

I think that doll is called "Obie".

OK, so now we know Phil is the weird looking guy. But am I the only one who thinks Melinda Doolittle looks like she has no neck? Last year I saw a girl on the Maury Povich show who was born with no neck. That's all I kept thinking of when I was watching Melinda. She's a good singer, but she has no neck. It's creepy.

Yes, Jersey, yes, that's it!! Thank you big time. I found a picture of it ...

Note the bottom right image. Tell me that's not the shape of Phil's head and ears!

http://www.merch-bot.com/product_info.php?products_id=426

And as for those excellent women last night ...

What a difference a day makes, hey?

I think my favorite was Jordin Sparks -- but that could be just because I love that Tracy Chapman song.

And I noted the drama continues between Ryan and Simon. "The song was too big for her... it would be like Ryan trying to do news." Slam, slam, SLAM. :bash:

Yes, Jersey, yes, that's it!! Thank you big time. I found a picture of it ... Tell me that's not the shape of Phil's head !
:lol: You're right on the money!...except he doesn't have red ears. Although you never know-he may just have to be squished harder to find out.

I think my favorite was Jordin Sparks -- but that could be just because I love that Tracy Chapman song.

I really like Jordin's voice, but I guess I'm just a little sick of her because she's from my area and all I hear on the news, in the papers and on signs is Jordin, Jordin, Jordin. But she can sing- I'll definitely give her that!

OK, so now we know Phil is the weird looking guy. But am I the only one who thinks Melinda Doolittle looks like she has no neck?
:animated_rotfl: I was thinking it was some sort of a hunching problem, but you may be right! ^_^ That being said, I still LOVE her voice and hope she goes very far...

you're crazy if you think all the black girls will make it to the top 12, they all have the same style and will divert votes from each other, two of them get cut somewhere in the semifinals.

Call me crazy kayo then. I'm just one person whose hoping that color has no bearing on who goes through and who doesn't. And if the best voices in the competition happen to be from one race, so what? That being said, I realize that there will be voters that, sadly, will look at physical beauty and color of skin instead of voice quality when placing their votes and that could knock one or more of the better voices off. That's reality....I just hope alot of the "crazy" people vote. ;)

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name